03-25-06, 12:25 AM
Has anyone noticed these lines at the bottom of the ini:
[CameraPath]
iTake=0
SDirectoryName=TestCameraPath
iFPS=60
SNif=Test\CameraPath.nif

---
It seems that if we can get a hold of the camerapath.nif file and stick it in a 'testcamerapath' folder, perhaps we can all use this as a benchmark that is repeatable and identical for all of us. Has anyone looked into this yet? I searched the DVD and did not find that file, but I'm sure someone, somewhere can get a hold of it or make their own.

jAkUp
03-25-06, 12:35 AM
Yea, its a shame the game did not include a built in benchmark utility...

killahsin
03-25-06, 01:26 AM
probably because they themselves couldn't geta handle on the fluctuating frames lol.

christos
03-25-06, 01:44 AM
After tweaking, benchmarking, observing lmy video card and cpu load, I think some of the frame dips are due to the cpu being bottlenecked. I found some spots in cities and forest where even if I lowered my resolution from 1920x1200 to 1024x768, I would still get the same fps and the load balancer for my sli was at most 1/5th filled.

My cpu is a dual core opteron @ 2.65 ghz. I looked at the usage log and noticed both cores are indeed being used equally when I play...mostly hovering from 40-60%. however, there are quick, severe spikes in usage, up to nearly 100% which I think is accounting for the severe frame drops.

Of course I could be way off base.

SH0DAN
03-25-06, 02:27 AM
Same here,according to my usage logs the game is most certainly using both cores.Core 0 is solid at 100% 95 % of the time,while core 1 is usually at ~ roughly 40 to 80 % up and down.