PDA

View Full Version : Slow Movement Bug

Wylde
03-25-06, 05:02 PM
Anyone else getting this? Most of the time after I load up the game movement speed is normal then all of a sudden it's cut by like 97% :thumbdwn:

It was playing fine last night for the several hours I played but now I can't do anything more :(

I haven't made any changes to my pc since then so I'm not sure as to what the problem is, also I have noticed that when I delete the ini file and load up oblivion, the problem is gone for a few minutes of which it returns later, I can't be bothered reinstalling.

Help guys? :p :o

jolle
03-25-06, 05:12 PM
I got that when I changed the "iFPSClamp=0" to 60, someone said that helped something.. I just tried it out.. setting it back to 0 fixed it again.
Anyhow that seemed to somehow hook the FPS to the entire game "ticrate" so to speak.. when the FPS went down, so did the game speed..
Looking into the ground everything went faster due to higher fps..

but if you havent changed it..
Or if you had before, and then removed the INI, maybe the game "remembered" the setting?

jAkUp
03-25-06, 05:18 PM
Yup, thats happened to me twice already. I had to quit the game, then reload it again.

jolle
03-25-06, 06:02 PM
Oh and then there is that joystick thing..
Apparantly they can interfere if you dont unplug or disable joysticks in the INI file somehow..

Wylde
03-26-06, 01:01 AM
Well I restarted my comp after getting frustrated at this and it started running fine again for a few hours then reverted back to slowness. Hmm, maybe I should try a format or something.

I got that when I changed the "iFPSClamp=0" to 60, someone said that helped something.. I just tried it out.. setting it back to 0 fixed it again.
Anyhow that seemed to somehow hook the FPS to the entire game "ticrate" so to speak.

I haven't messed with the ticrate :thumbdwn:

Guess I'll check that joystick thing and see what happens, I hope this gets fixed soon, I have more stuff to summon :D

Psymbience
03-28-06, 11:22 AM
I am having the same problem. Everything around me is moving at normal speeds and I can still lunge with the forward power attack, but my movement speed is next to nothing. I have restarted the game and that never fixes it for me. I have to restart my computer and then it will work. Sometimes it will not happen for hours and then it will start happening. I've noticed that if I leave it on a menu or options screen for a while it will happen when I get back in. This is frustrating because I know my computer can handle the game in top graphics. This is clearly a software bug. BETHESDA needs to address this issue.

killahsin
03-28-06, 11:29 AM
please try the joystick matrix tweak in the beginning of the tweak thread to see if this corrects yall problem.

Psymbience
03-28-06, 11:29 AM
I've read a few threads that claim the joystick could be the cause. I'm going to unplug the joystick from my computer and see if it happens again.

killahsin
03-28-06, 11:30 AM
turn it off in the ini. unplugging is part of it but turn it off in the ini completely trust me. the games ini

Vapor Trail
03-28-06, 11:59 AM
Make sure you aren't in sneak mode too. ;)