PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here just gotten totally rid of grass?

Tygerwoody
03-25-06, 08:34 PM
Not for performance reasons, but for anoyance reasons. I can't see ANYTHING through this thick grass. I turned that crap off tonight because it was just bugging me so much, just wondering if anyone else did the same.

forceman130
03-25-06, 08:41 PM
Not for performance reasons, but for anoyance reasons. I can't see ANYTHING through this thick grass. I turned that crap off tonight because it was just bugging me so much, just wondering if anyone else did the same.

I had it off for a while, but turned it back on with the reduced density. Getting rid of it does wonders for the frame rate though.

agentkay
03-25-06, 08:42 PM
Nope. :p Itīs a performance killer, but I kind of like it.

SH64
03-25-06, 08:45 PM
Nope i like it! grass grass grass :D

nrs421
03-25-06, 08:56 PM
nope...

Ancient
03-25-06, 09:52 PM
I wanted to get rid of the grass because it's such a performance killer.

But I'm so addicted to it. :p

Tygerwoody
03-26-06, 01:12 AM
the grass is anoying as heck... I keep losing mobs in it. Being an archer, I run around alot. Its not good to not be able to see whats running at you. A few hits and I'm a goner.

killahsin
03-26-06, 04:15 AM
i just lwoered the density and doubled the draw distance

FearMeAll
03-26-06, 06:50 AM
I want more grass. I increased the distance on it as a matter of fact. Tired of grass just being a texture on a flat surface in games. My rig handles it quite well now. My fps never dips below the 30s in the worst areas.

Nutty
03-26-06, 06:51 AM
Yeah I turned the grass off as well.. the popup was annoying, and it restricted my view too much, so off it went. Dont miss it that much really.

Capt. Picard
03-26-06, 07:03 AM
I want more grass. I increased the distance on it as a matter of fact. Tired of grass just being a texture on a flat surface in games. My rig handles it quite well now. My fps never dips below the 30s in the worst areas.

Why do companies create games that only people wth absolutely top rigs can play at decent graphic levels. I mean fearmeall and Jakup for instance have GTX 512 in SLI and even they get FPS of even below 40. Jakup even got 9 or 19 (can't remember) at certain areas. Wth those rigs I would expect flawless performance.

The bottom line is I (3200; 6600GT; 1GB) probably can't play this game, so they won't get my money.

Question: Does current hardware technology have the capability to handle the current advances in software technology? Is the balance leaning towards the software side or not?

rflair
03-26-06, 07:08 AM
I think the grass looks great and provides a more wilderness type of feel.

If your going to turn of the grass just so you don't loose arrows or so you can see smaller enemies (wolves, rats, dogs) then just download a trianer cause you suck.

WCG
03-26-06, 07:47 AM
One of my 2 chars is an archer type, but I need a dagger handy for when I can't see that wolf coming through the grass. Adapt don't compromise..

Dr@Home
03-26-06, 08:58 AM
On my first rig I keep grass on, as it doesn't kill the 6800GT. My other rig also has oblivion on it (the AXP 1700+) and the grass is off for framerate's sake. It is almost always over 20FPS though, which is amazing.

Lil Sassy
03-26-06, 09:41 AM
Not for performance reasons, but for anoyance reasons. I can't see ANYTHING through this thick grass. I turned that crap off tonight because it was just bugging me so much, just wondering if anyone else did the same.It's because you are a short ass wood elf like me. :D

Now, you guys do know that turning off the grass or reducing it's density takes away a big selling point some of you use to keep people off the 360 version, right? ;)

Tygerwoody
03-26-06, 12:25 PM
It's because you are a short ass wood elf like me. :D

Now, you guys do know that turning off the grass or reducing it's density takes away a big selling point some of you use to keep people off the 360 version, right? ;)
actually you know what, you might be right. It probably is because I'm a woodelf.