PDA

View Full Version : Invisibility bug?

Clay
03-26-06, 12:18 AM
I noticed something attacking me when I decided to head north from where you exit the sewers. I headed up that mountainside...anyway something started attacking me but I couldn't see it. It turned out to be a wolf, a guard attacked it and once dead you could then see the wolf. I thought it was supposed to be that way, some magical, invisible wolf, whatever. But then, I entered a small villiage and saw this. There were also invisible sheep, etc. Anyone else run into this?

Cropped image...it's an invisble farmer. You can see his shadow and of course the hoe he's using.

http://www.nvnews.net/temp/oblivion/inv.jpg

GamerGuyX
03-26-06, 12:37 AM
I've seen this myself but with one exception: I own the 360 version of Oblivion.

I came across that exact person in the screen you provided. His cows (I think they were cows - they were invisible) bumped me while walking around.

At the time, I just assumed that particular area was inhabited by invisible people and was supposed to be that way. Now I'm skeptical...

jAkUp
03-26-06, 12:40 AM
Its a spell. I know some people can disappear, I've seem some of them in the Theives guild disappear in a poof of purple smoke and attack me.

nrs421
03-26-06, 01:04 AM
jakup's right...it is a spell....i found a ring that makes me invisible.....there's also a quest where your supposed to make the invisible people visible because they've been turned invisible against their will by accident

Mr. Hunt
03-26-06, 03:36 AM
Yeah... I fought a dude at a low level and he was invisible... killed him and his chest piece of armor had a 15% chameleon mod on it :\.

-=DVS=-
03-26-06, 04:30 AM
Like other said its Not a bug , that pic is from a Village with a Quest, go inside the building to talk to someone to get it , some Necromancer turned everyone invisible , short quest :p

killahsin
03-26-06, 05:10 AM
not a bug but a hilarious quest that we dont want to spoil for you. So we will stick with no clay not a bug.

zampe
03-26-06, 05:52 AM
I've been duped also …
stormy, shower weather catch me at that moment (cant saw finger before my eyes), so I dont know WTF going on around!!!

local creative wizard make a mess

SH64
03-26-06, 07:58 AM
Look what you've done Clay! you spoiled a quest for us !! :thumbdwn: :mad:

:p

Lil Sassy
03-26-06, 10:47 AM
Heh, I was cruising through that area and rats were wacking me unseen in broad daylight. I was afraid it was a bug, and if it had been, it would have been a major game breaker. Good thing it's an area specific quest. The invisibility effect is damn cool, though.

Brimstone7
03-26-06, 10:49 AM
For what it's worth, one time I left a dungeon and my horse was invisible! Casted a shadow, could hop on and ride it, but couldn't see it. Went back into the dungeon and left immediately and the horse reappeared.

Clay
03-26-06, 05:31 PM
Hehehe :D Thanks guys, sorry if I spoiled some with this. :angel: