PDA

View Full Version : Obilivion Blue man Group? (texture issues)

n0mad187
03-26-06, 01:41 PM
Okay guys have searched all over and have found no one else with this problem.
I'm having some wierd texture errors with the game. Many textures in the game, including npc's faces have a tendency to turn blue, or flash to a blueish color. Other textures in the game also like to turn blue. IE the moveable section of the wall where you first start out in dungeon. THe game is still playable but I'm going nuts trying to fix it. Here are my specs
GF 6800
1 gig mem
AMD 64 3200
soltek sl-k9an2e-gr (nforce 3 board).

Here is what I have done so far,
1. newest vid drivers, the ones released on the 22nd. (84.25 I think)
2. Newest nforce drivers
3. Tried changing agp to 4x in bios, Tried changing agp apeture from 64mb to 128mb
4.Have tried toggling many different types of settings on the in game graphics menu, bloom, no bloom different res's, different texure no effect what so ever.
5. Killed all process not essential to the OS. I even unistalled vmware.

I'm willing to try anything. Thanks guys you are my only hope.

agentkay
03-26-06, 01:48 PM
I had blue doors inside a fighters guild today, actually it were normalmaps. I left the game and came back and it was gone. Might have something to do with a memeory leak, because I was playing for hours before they appeared.

n0mad187
03-26-06, 02:23 PM
Running memtest now, will let you know results. ***update, memory test passed no problem. I doubt it is a memory leak from another program, as it is always present, and I have killed all processes that are not necessary.*** Thanks for the suggestion though I should have done a mem scan long ago, Anyone else want to take a crack at it?

agentkay
03-26-06, 03:51 PM
Save the game where the issue appears and then upload your savegame to a filehost. I will see if the problem appear on my comp as well. If it does, its either a 84.25 driver conflict or game issue. If if its the later, the savegame could be send to Bethesda.

n0mad187
03-26-06, 11:28 PM
I had the same problem with the previous drivers. I'm starting to think that something is crazy with my graphics card. I'm going to try swapping it out with my buddies and see if that clears it up. This is turning into a total pain in the A**. but thats how it goes some times. Thanks for your help