PDA

View Full Version : Need some educated opinions...7800gt hitching in wow

Fathertime36
03-26-06, 03:01 PM
Pretty much self explainitory, at least once every time I've logged on and played the game it hitches, first the rendering pauses and stops, then a couple of seconds later the sound dies, then a couple of seconds later everything restores and usually will never happen again until the next time I boot up the game. It get 's really frustrating, especially if im in the middle of a fight, this usually means i ened up being dead and my equipment is taxed a 10% damage penalty and the time I have to spend recovering my corpse.
I have checked all of the usual suspects, i.e. drivers, temps, psu outputs, check disc, os reinstall(PAIN in the ass!!!) etc....hate to say it but I have the same issues sometimes with other games also, I never had these with the previous cards I ran(6600gt's in sli). Any suggestions o comments would be appreciated.

Absolution
03-26-06, 03:39 PM
I have the exact problem and have no idea how to fix it.

theslug
03-26-06, 04:32 PM
Try lowering the clockspeed of the GPU. Temporarily I mean, just to see if that makes any difference or not.

orphenshadow
03-26-06, 06:54 PM
Roll back your drivers. i found this issue with wow and the latest drivers.

Fathertime36
03-27-06, 03:08 AM
Try lowering the clockspeed of the GPU. Temporarily I mean, just to see if that makes any difference or not.

I did pretty much everything, set my cpu and ram to default settings, tested the ram with superpi, window's mem test etc, also did some stress testing with pcmark05 ran in continous loop and dvd shrink encoding which will usually crash a poorly oced or faulty system, and as far as system hardware goes there is no difference, wether oced or not it runs stable and cool, concerning the vga, hmmm it doesn't always hitch, quake4/doom3/hl2/source/lockdown and fear it run flawless within reason but no hitching, the hitching is really only in bf2 and wow.....which are mandatory online games....hmmmm, i did declock the card though, just to see, no difference what so ever, when I first got the card there where known issues with the bios version it shipped with but new bios where made avialible soon after and handled an obvious set of issue i was intially having with the card, it came clocked 470 with a 40mhz delta and 1200mhz on the ram, since then I got a handle on the temps which where a problem , between sticking 2 60mm fans mounted on plexi glass window directly in front of the card and lapping the copper heat sink so it correctly matted with the ram dims I got the temps undercontrol, 42 idle at 50% fan and 50-55 at load with the fan at 100% via riva, the more I think about it it seems to be an issue with the coding of the games or isp....and if that is the case im pretty much screwed cause I already have the fastest connection avialible.

Fathertime36
03-27-06, 03:13 AM
Roll back your drivers. i found this issue with wow and the latest drivers.

Sorry not trying to sound snotty but there are no drivers to roll back to.....I totally remove the previous version in it's entirity, including any registry logs it might have made before installing the latest greatest new whql nv drivers, I yes i have reverted to earlier versions just to see if it would make a difference, good suggestion but I' am ahead in that aspect of trouble shooting.