PDA

View Full Version : Combat

avesta
03-26-06, 05:18 PM
The thing I don't like about this game is that I spend most of my time travelling from one town to another, scrolling through menus and items, walking around town and talking to people. It gets frustrating, I want some more action, I want more combat.

Some of these quests i've been doing are boring too - its just back and forth between towns and exchanging information with people, and the odd time I get to kill someone or visit a cave.

The lockpicking crap is annoying too, all these thieves guild quests require you to spend so much time lockpicking. The dark brotherhood quests have become boring ever since the new guy takes over the sanctuary.

This game has tons of potential but I don't feel that it's being realised.

jAkUp
03-26-06, 05:22 PM
I dunno, I disagree, for me Combat takes a secondary to other aspects of the game.

Which is odd to even myself because I am a huge FPS guy. This is the first RPG I have played.

Clay
03-26-06, 05:53 PM
I disagree as well. So far this game is everything I'd hoped it would be. Of course, I've played every TES game there ever was. ;)

CaptNKILL
03-26-06, 05:58 PM
If you want more combat, join the arena. Its all combat. I just did 6 fights in a row in one day with my assassin.

If you arent happy with the missions, you need to do something different. Thats how the elder scrolls games work. You make your experience whatever you want.

Also, have you joined the fighters guild?

It seems odd that you would join the theives and assassins when youre looking for combat. If you want combat, join the fighters guild or the Arena. My personal favorite way to fight is to just explore and find a dungeon to loot. They are usually packed with enemies and always have very nice treasures to make it worth it.

a12ctic
03-26-06, 08:51 PM
join the dark brotherhood, every quest is being sent to kill somebody or another... the quest im on now i have to go around the land and kill off a split up family ;)

Mr. Hunt
03-26-06, 08:55 PM
join the dark brotherhood, every quest is being sent to kill somebody or another... the quest im on now i have to go around the land and kill off a split up family ;)

Yeah... that one was fun... I just finished all of the Dark Brotherhood (...) quests today... it was extremely fun, but I am sort of disappointed they are over now :(.

a12ctic
03-26-06, 08:58 PM
Yeah... that one was fun... I just finished all of the Dark Brotherhood (...) quests today... it was extremely fun, but I am sort of disappointed they are over now :(.
did you finish the black hand quests too? (with the dropoffs and what not)

Mr. Hunt
03-26-06, 09:00 PM
did you finish the black hand quests too? (with the dropoffs and what not)

Yeah... that is what the (...) was for heh... didn't want to say anything about the Black Hand ;).

killahsin
03-26-06, 09:30 PM
you want combat? dungeons my friend theres 200 of them some of them are huge with dozens and dozens of mobs. Any they will always have mobs in them that give you loot slightly above your level.

avesta
03-27-06, 01:18 AM
If you want more combat, join the arena. Its all combat. I just did 6 fights in a row in one day with my assassin.

If you arent happy with the missions, you need to do something different. Thats how the elder scrolls games work. You make your experience whatever you want.

Also, have you joined the fighters guild?

It seems odd that you would join the theives and assassins when youre looking for combat. If you want combat, join the fighters guild or the Arena. My personal favorite way to fight is to just explore and find a dungeon to loot. They are usually packed with enemies and always have very nice treasures to make it worth it.

I've become grand champion in the arena, but now i have to wait a week each time for a battle. that sucks.

yes i've joined the fighter's guild, and their quests are tedious, there isnt enough fighting except for the odd dungeon quest.

how do you go around finding dungeons? you just spend time traveling by horse and looking for the screen message once you've come across one? ...im just sick of going back and forth between towns and listening to people talk and running errands for these bastards!

Clay
03-27-06, 06:09 PM
I've become grand champion in the arena, but now i have to wait a week each time for a battle. that sucks.

yes i've joined the fighter's guild, and their quests are tedious, there isnt enough fighting except for the odd dungeon quest.

how do you go around finding dungeons? you just spend time traveling by horse and looking for the screen message once you've come across one? ...im just sick of going back and forth between towns and listening to people talk and running errands for these bastards!
I think you've mistaken Oblivion for Guild Wars...or perhaps Street Fighter... :D