PDA

View Full Version : The can't look out of windows issue

raystone57
03-26-06, 09:56 PM
It may have been mentioned in an impressions thread or somewhere here but I have to add that what a shame you can't see out of the Aleswell Inn up on the hill a little north of the Imperial City. What an incredible sweeping view of the city from there, the inn could make a fortune on room rentals and fees. I bet they could get 50 - 80 gold or more charging for a room for a night if people could only see out of the windows. ) I'm not sure how many windows in the inn face the city and I think a couple rooms don't even have windows. But still. And yeah I know in Morrowind you couldn't see outside through the windows either. It's an engine thing I guess carried over to Oblivion.

Tygerwoody
03-26-06, 10:37 PM
It may have been mentioned in an impressions thread or somewhere here but I have to add that what a shame you can't see out of the Aleswell Inn up on the hill a little north of the Imperial City. What an incredible sweeping view of the city from there, the inn could make a fortune on room rentals and fees. I bet they could get 50 - 80 gold or more charging for a room for a night if people could only see out of the windows. ) I'm not sure how many windows in the inn face the city and I think a couple rooms don't even have windows. But still. And yeah I know in Morrowind you couldn't see outside through the windows either. It's an engine thing I guess carried over to Oblivion.
Apparently you are just oblivious to the fact you are LOADING into a new "zone" each time you go into a building.

raystone57
03-27-06, 03:17 AM
They simulate it once in awhile though:
http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/4650/gatetocityisle7as.jpg
But the clouds don't move. No I'm not serious about the clouds. There are none, it's just a sky and cloud image and it's all in the same zone. But still If only they would have gone a little further with the idea in the pic.

Acid Rain
03-27-06, 03:21 AM
They would have had to fake all the windows with art, and it would have been a whole lot more work for minimal gain.

Tygerwoody
03-27-06, 07:28 AM
They would have had to fake all the windows with art, and it would have been a whole lot more work for minimal gain.
not to mention a FPS KILLER. When you go into a city, the game has to load up all the people walking around. That is bad enough, imagine if it had to load the people inside buildings too! :eek: