PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion demo??????

Capt. Picard
03-27-06, 01:55 AM
Isn't there a demo of this game. I would like to see if my pc (3200, 6600GT, 1GB RAM) will handle this game.

GamerGuyX
03-27-06, 01:59 AM
Your a funny guy. :D

jAkUp
03-27-06, 01:59 AM
I don't think there will be a demo

Capt. Picard
03-27-06, 02:05 AM
Your a funny guy. :D

What do you mean?

SH64
03-27-06, 02:20 AM
Nope. no demo for Oblivion .. i can confirm that :D

agentkay
03-27-06, 05:07 AM
Isn't there a demo of this game. I would like to see if my pc (3200, 6600GT, 1GB RAM) will handle this game.

I play almost completely maxed out at 1280x720 with 8AF and HDR with the rig in the sig. Your rig will handle the game fine if you alter a few settings here and there. 20fps outside feel quite smooth to me.

Slyder
03-27-06, 11:22 AM

I just want to see it before I commit to buying it. Everyone is raving about it, but to be honest morrowind bored the hell out of me, hence me wanting to try before I buy.

I never knew developers were getting so lazy they cant be arsed releasing 10mins of demo time. :(

agentkay
03-27-06, 12:14 PM
I just want to see it before I commit to buying it. Everyone is raving about it, but to be honest morrowind bored the hell out of me, hence me wanting to try before I buy.

I never knew developers were getting so lazy they cant be arsed releasing 10mins of demo time. :(

Im one of the few who was bored by Morrowind as well. There was just a ****load of text and I hate reading tiny ass letters for hours. Oblivion has still plenty of books, but is far from boring. The world feels very alive.

GamerGuyX
03-28-06, 12:32 AM
What do you mean?

Your funny, in the way that you expect a demo for this game. ;)

Q
03-28-06, 12:37 AM
I'm so stoked about getting my copy from Newegg. That will be my $44 demo. :D

ArturNOW
03-28-06, 01:48 AM
Books are the best part of Morrowind. You can learn a lot about elder scrolls' univers and so on. Dialogs are mostly dull and what's more almost every character in the game can tell you the same things :/

Capt. Picard
03-28-06, 02:02 AM
Your funny, in the way that you expect a demo for this game. ;)

I quess I were a bit too hopeful to expect them too bring out a demo.

I think the strategy was to create as big a hype as possible then it wouldn't be neccessary to bring out a demo. Everyone would just buy it.

And if they did bring out a demo and people found too many negatives in it, they wouldn't buy it.

|MaguS|
03-28-06, 02:16 AM
I quess I were a bit too hopeful to expect them too bring out a demo.

I think the strategy was to create as big a hype as possible then it wouldn't be neccessary to bring out a demo. Everyone would just buy it.

And if they did bring out a demo and people found too many negatives in it, they wouldn't buy it.

Certain games are not demo friendly, since this game is basically a large sandbox it would be hard to make a demo without reprogramming tons of it (many limits would have to be put inplace).

Brimstone7
03-28-06, 04:05 AM
Well they could have just packaged the opening tutorial as a demo. It only introduces players to the combat aspects, though, and I suppose Oblivion's main draw is the wide open, do anything world. You just can't capture that in a demo.

At the very least I would like to see them release some sort of rolling demo so people can see if the game will even run on their system before plunking down the cash.

P.S. I'm also in the group that got bored of Morrowind within hours (didn't make it past hour 6 or so) but Oblivion is a totally different story. I'm about 20 hours in and still play whenever I get the chance.

|MaguS|
03-28-06, 04:09 AM
Yeah, You can't compare Oblivion to Morrowind. I hate Morrowind, I found it boring and dull. Its world was lifeless and just annoying but Oblivion is everything its not... saddly its still not a very good RPG and has a pretty weak story still.

They should get Bioware to write the story for them and Bethesda makes the world...

a12ctic
03-28-06, 08:31 AM
No, demo, your comp will run it extreamly nice (As mine does with simular specs)

glObalist
03-28-06, 09:04 AM
They should get Bioware to write the story for them and Bethesda makes the world...

IMO They should have Bioware write the story, Blizzard make the world/interface (oh my imagine a Blizz interface in this!), and let Beth run the hype machine :p

Maxerer
02-06-07, 12:43 PM
http://prod2.srtest.com/referrer/srtest
you can look up if the game would work on your computer. Oblivion is under T(The Elder Scrolls).

CaptNKILL
02-06-07, 12:47 PM
http://prod2.srtest.com/referrer/srtest
you can look up if the game would work on your computer. Oblivion is under T(The Elder Scrolls).
Ermm... spam?

That site tries to install crap onto my computer...

Roadhog
02-06-07, 01:47 PM
No, demo, your comp will run it extreamly nice (As mine does with simular specs)

Those specs don't "run" Oblivion, it "walks" oblivion.

CaptNKILL
02-06-07, 01:54 PM
Those specs don't "run" Oblivion, it "walks" oblivion.
Psst... this thread is a year old... :D

crainger
02-06-07, 05:16 PM
Psst... this thread is a year old... :D

WHAT?!