PDA

View Full Version : Huge RTS Announcement Soon

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

jAkUp
03-27-06, 03:24 AM
PC Gamer: "Imagine, if you will, an RTS franchise - a hugely popular one that's been out of the lime-light for a while. No, not that one, the other one. Yes, that's it. Now imagine picking up the June issue of PCG and seeing that we've got a world exclusive scoop on the new game in the series. Wouldn't that be glorious?"

What do you think? I'm putting my bet on another C&C game, or Starcraft 2.

Lfctony
03-27-06, 03:30 AM
My guess is Red Alert 3. :)

Edit: Starcraft 2 can't be the one since it's not a franchise, there has been only 1 game out. CnC on the other hand is a franchise, there have been many games bearing the CnC tag. Also, note "A new game in the series", so again, it can't be SC2. Maybe I'm wrong... :p

jAkUp
03-27-06, 03:30 AM
Yea Starcraft 2 is what I think also, Blizzard recently announced that Starcraft: Ghost is pretty much canned, so maybe this is what they are working on instead?

EDIT:

Ya, I suppose your right about that Franchise bit...

retsam
03-27-06, 03:41 AM
i dont think its C&C just because they just released the first decade dvd computlation set. so maybe this is a new warcraft or starcraft game?...

jAkUp
03-27-06, 03:43 AM
Anyone have any idea why there hasn't been a Starcraft 2 yet? I mean the game was so huge, it seems weird that there wasn't a sequel.

SH64
03-27-06, 03:44 AM
Hopefully anything C&C related.
or Warcraft 4 maybe ?

retsam
03-27-06, 03:49 AM
Anyone have any idea why there hasn't been a Starcraft 2 yet? I mean the game was so huge, it seems weird that there wasn't a sequel.ya know, ive wondered this for the longest time. when i was studing for my ccie there were a bunch of ccna studients in the labs from korea that would sit and play SC for hours on end. i jsut kept thinking to myself, that game is sooo 1999... who still plays it?...but i later found out that there is a huge following in asia...

retsam
03-27-06, 03:50 AM
Hopefully anything C&C related.
or Warcraft 4 maybe ?
if they do another C&C i jsut hope they dont code it like they did C&C genenrals .. bugiest game ever... i hate that game with a passion...

mike686
03-27-06, 04:13 AM
They reeeeeeeally need to pick up where Tiberian Sun left off...that would be awesome

Parts
03-27-06, 04:29 AM
C&C hasnt really been out of the light since that recent release of the old games and generals isnt TOO old yet, though Warcraft on the other hand has kind of taken a back seat to everything...... If I had any money I think i'd put it on that!

FraGTastiK
03-27-06, 06:14 AM
Cool Kinda reminds of the way PCGamer Hyped us about Prey.Either SC2 or WC4, both will be exciting.Custom Key button smashing frenzy returns!

nutball
03-27-06, 06:22 AM
TA? There were rumours of a TA sequel floating about some time ago (eg. in 2004 (http://pc.ign.com/articles/490/490864p1.html) and 2005 (http://www.gamingsteve.com/archives/2005/06/total_annihilat_1.php)).

Brimstone7
03-27-06, 06:56 AM
Don't think it's Starcraft or Total Annihilation because the quote implies that it's part of a series. The smart money is on C&C. There was a lot of speculatin when the compilation pack was released that EA was using that to build up hype for a new game in the series. I think that it's also been confirmed that a new game has been in the works for some time.

Definately on the "where the hell is Starcraft 2" bandwagon though. My only theory so far is that Blizzard has made so much money with World of Warcraft that they just don't want anymore.

jolle
03-27-06, 07:38 AM
i dont think its C&C just because they just released the first decade dvd computlation set. so maybe this is a new warcraft or starcraft game?...
I thought it might be C&C BECAUSE of the Decade DVD..
Got the interest back up for the series and everything..

ciaspook
03-27-06, 07:43 AM
Man...It should have been "Huge RPG Announcement Soon" and they showed Diablo 3...Oh wel...My guess is also a new C&C game...

Riptide
03-27-06, 09:06 AM
I never played StarCraft. Am I missing out?

|MaguS|
03-27-06, 09:13 AM

If you like basic but fun RTS Games then yes you are... but if you need an RTS with depth then nope...

FraGTastiK
03-27-06, 09:16 AM

Really? Yes you do.I still cannot stop in game units signature audio responses playing in my head, the music also... and the cutscenes...

Riptide
03-27-06, 09:19 AM
I've played Homeworld 1/2. Is StarCraft similar?

FraGTastiK
03-27-06, 09:34 AM

I dont think so.Homeworld is a much deeper game in a sense not to mention that they're from different genres. (but you do plan strategies in real time with both.) Starcrft has more err... personality as a game imo, the atmosphere easily overwhelms you (or should I say me).I agree with |Magus| that SC is a straight forward fun easy type of RTS game but I dont think it should be labeled shallow considering the time it first came out. Certainly it doesnt have much to say when compared to todays RTS titles gameplay-wise unless you're a nostalgic diehard fan that still continues playing Starcraft.

Evgeny
03-27-06, 12:33 PM
Its gotta be Red Alert 3. They've already sent out a letter that they're working on it for their newsletter subscribers, I would be damn surprised if this isn't it.
Starcraft 2 would be rather nice too.

|MaguS|
03-27-06, 12:38 PM

Not even close, I found Homeworld 1/2 far better, lots more depth. It's alot like the C&C series.

Edge
03-27-06, 12:50 PM
I'm guessing it's C&C3 (RA3 is also a possibility). There's been a lot of rumors flying around about it recently, and what better way to get people hyped for it than by releasing a compilation pack of every previous C&C game and then announcing a new C&C game?

Not that it matters much though, EA may have the C&C license, but almost none of the original Westwood employees aren't with them anymore. It'll probably end up being Generals where it's C&C in name only. They should just give the C&C license to Petroglyph and be done with it.

Q
03-27-06, 01:06 PM
I would bet on Red Alert 3 over C&C3. That's were the money is, IMO...and knowing EA...

Who wants to bet its based on the Generals engine?

Toss3
03-27-06, 01:28 PM
Definately WARCRAFT4!!! :D(I hope...)