PDA

View Full Version : My issue with this game. No combat on horseback....

JamesDax
03-27-06, 06:58 AM
This is so stupid. Your riding along through the wilderness and some animal or highwayman comes toward you and instead of putting them down with a spell, arrow, sword or staff you have to get off your horse to do battle. I heard that there is supposed to be a plug-in coming that will allow you to get armor for your horse. For what? If I can't charge into battle on it what does it need armor for? Decorations? The Devs really messed up on this one. Hopefully it can be fixed in a plugin or Mod.

|MaguS|
03-27-06, 07:04 AM
Yeah, I was disappointed about the lack of combat while on horseback, I mean EQ has it why couldn't this game...

I dout a mod could really add such a huge feature to the game though.

Mr Fujisawa
03-27-06, 07:19 AM
u should at least be able to casts spells for fire arrows, and maybe do restricted melee moves

de><ta
03-27-06, 09:22 AM
I want to joust highwaymen as they block the road!

rek075
03-27-06, 09:59 AM
I don't see why it would be so difficult to add combat while on a horse? The only thing that might be lacking are the animations in 3rd person, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were in the game somewhere since it sounded like they had tried this aspect out before.

CaptNKILL
03-27-06, 10:14 AM
This has been talked into the ground since the game was anounced :p

It would have been pretty cool, but there are plenty of pros and cons and in the end, it wasnt included for of a lot of reasons. Look around the official forums or anywhere else online to see the usual arguments.

JamesDax
03-27-06, 10:40 AM
This has been talked into the ground since the game was anounced :p

It would have been pretty cool, but there are plenty of pros and cons and in the end, it wasnt included for of a lot of reasons. Look around the official forums or anywhere else online to see the usual arguments.

Well, I'd like to talk about it here if you don't mind.
:rolleyes:

CaptNKILL
03-27-06, 10:49 AM
Well, I'd like to talk about it here if you don't mind.
:rolleyes:
Then by all means, continue :p