PDA

View Full Version : steam tweak websites?

Imbroglio
03-27-06, 10:33 AM
just wondering if anyone knew of any good steam/cs:s tweak sites. the reason i ask is 9 times out of 10, tweaking your connection will give you the best advantage, but aside from the basic cl_cmdrate, cl_updaterate cmds, i haven't found anything with a decent description of advanced connection cmds. i am also looking into tweaking steam to retain favorites and immediately start up cs:s upon opening steam, thanks for any help :)

superklye
03-27-06, 11:12 AM
Can't you just make a shortcut to CS:S and double click that so that it opens as soon as Steam loads? That's what I do and it works just fine...

And it WOULD be nice if Steam remembered your favorites, but that seems to be something on VALVe's end, not ours. :(

saturnotaku
03-27-06, 01:18 PM
Can't you just make a shortcut to CS:S and double click that so that it opens as soon as Steam loads?

Yeah, just right-click on the game in your Steam list and there should be an option to create a desktop shortcut. I do this for HL2 and will also be adding ones for HL1, Blue-Shift and Op-For.

Sazar
03-27-06, 01:28 PM
just wondering if anyone knew of any good steam/cs:s tweak sites. the reason i ask is 9 times out of 10, tweaking your connection will give you the best advantage, but aside from the basic cl_cmdrate, cl_updaterate cmds, i haven't found anything with a decent description of advanced connection cmds. i am also looking into tweaking steam to retain favorites and immediately start up cs:s upon opening steam, thanks for any help :)

Fav's work now (at least they do for me).

The choke/loss issues arise (again, for me) everytime there is an "update" for steam.

CS:S has serious issues with choke/loss unless I re-install the game or tweak the heck out of it everytime. Get's tiring :(

Btw, have you noticed you can't open any doors properly now :)

That and p90's and tmp's are ridiculously accurate. Center mass at distance with those guns == instant headshot.

All I want is a greater awp movement penalty and a return to non-bs'd weapons usage. They tinker with the game too much.

Rakeesh
03-27-06, 01:33 PM
Fav's work now (at least they do for me).

They work for me until updates come around, where they quit working for a while. This is so damn annoying. What is even more annoying is that valve mostly pretends that issues like these don't even exist. But I suppose that on one hand you can't blame them for not addressing these issues, which are pissant in comparrison to some of the other bugs in the source engine that they should be fixing but aren't.

That and p90's and tmp's are ridiculously accurate. Center mass at distance with those guns == instant headshot.

I've found with CS:S that you can aim at somebody's feet at point blank and still get a headshot.

Sazar
03-27-06, 01:44 PM
They work for me until updates come around, where they quit working for a while. This is so damn annoying. What is even more annoying is that valve mostly pretends that issues like these don't even exist. But I suppose that on one hand you can't blame them for not addressing these issues, which are pissant in comparrison to some of the other bugs in the source engine that they should be fixing but aren't.

It has become annoying, but I usually launch from the taskbar app.

I've found with CS:S that you can aim at somebody's feet at point blank and still get a headshot.

I've always had good aim ;)

But I've been playing almost exclusively with deagles the last coupla months so I HAVE to be able to aim to get kills :cool:

However, yes, with a lot of the spray/pray guns, headshots are crazy. The para for example and the p90 for sure.