PDA

View Full Version : ATI vs NVIDIA : instant KO

Pages : [1] 2

stisoas
03-27-06, 01:24 PM
:thumbdwn: i got a 6800GT. i was surprised. err , chocked is the word.

ok let's see that .

1280X1024 aa2X aniso 8x , same settings , A64 3200+ 754 . for these 2 computer...
HDR=OFF, BLOOM=ON ....

on one , a 6800GT 380/1000. forceware 84.25
on other 's one , a X800XL. catalyst 6.1

image settings "quality" for these 2 graphic card.

same RAM quantity. quite same config.

now , the image :o

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/9277/037td.th.jpg (http://img130.imageshack.us/my.php?image=037td.jpg)
ATI

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/8913/3nv0vq.th.jpg (http://img130.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3nv0vq.jpg)
NVIDIA

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/7313/oblivion82pk.th.jpg (http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oblivion82pk.jpg)
EMPLACEMENT ;)

|MaguS|
03-27-06, 01:26 PM
Would be better if your comparison shots were identical but from what I see the Nvidia one has alot more detail but that could be due to the lighting.

stisoas
03-27-06, 01:29 PM
Would be better if your comparison shots were identical but from what I see the Nvidia one has alot more detail but that could be due to the lighting.

i try to move on the area, the framerate remain same with the same direction.

my 6800GT can reach 21FPS here, with the grass tweak (density=180).

agentkay
03-27-06, 01:31 PM
With or without HDR? ATI using Bloom, NV using HDR???

Tygerwoody
03-27-06, 01:31 PM
Fact is, that ATI cards are running this game better than Nvidia. This still doesn't matter, Nvidia is faster in 95% of all other games, so I'm not complaining. I'd rather be a part of the 95% than the 5%. Even if Nvidia had half the framerates of the ATI card, I would still continue to buy Nvidia because frankly, I hate ATI. I use to own an ati card and had nothing but problems with their crappy drivers.

Not only this, but ATI cards are having rendering issues with this game anyway. :thumbsup:

lumpyhed
03-27-06, 01:32 PM
its probably SM3 at work. :)

stisoas
03-27-06, 01:41 PM
its probably SM3 at work. :)

i dont care about SM3 when i got an UNPLAYABLE 14 FPS framerate !!!!!

we got a fixe anyway.

iMinGrassSize=160 lowering resolution , and all rulz. at same framerate.

but god , shaders perfs of NV40 sucks :thumbdwn:

killahsin
03-27-06, 01:47 PM
read the readme that comes with the game. The fact is the ati cards are doping somthing very tricky and have been 'downgraded' until their next drivers are out.

oh and yes i am talking about the 1900 line. They do not say what part of the visuals was downgraded for the ati cards though.

agentkay
03-27-06, 01:52 PM
Is this WITH HDR on the NV card???? And do you have Bloom or HDR on the ATI card? Im totally happy with the performance, and its far from unplayable at 14fps. Did you set the frames renderer to 0 in NVs control panel?

rewt
03-27-06, 01:57 PM
You can't run AA with HDR on nVidia cards.

agentkay
03-27-06, 01:59 PM
You can't run AA with HDR on nVidia cards.

Yeah, he updated the first post. Well, ATI still sucks. :p

Vapor Trail
03-27-06, 02:01 PM
Fact is, that ATI cards are running this game better than Nvidia. This still doesn't matter, Nvidia is faster in 95% of all other games, so I'm not complaining. I'd rather be a part of the 95% than the 5%. Even if Nvidia had half the framerates of the ATI card, I would still continue to buy Nvidia because frankly, I hate ATI. I use to own an ati card and had nothing but problems with their crappy drivers.

Not only this, but ATI cards are having rendering issues with this game anyway. :thumbsup:

I agree. While I prefer ATI's AF image quality to Nvidias it is all moot when the game you are playing has rendering errors on ATI's cards. I've owned both Nvidia and ATI cards over the last few generations and I always seem to have little nagging rendering problems with ATI cards and much fewer to none at all on Nvidia cards. A few FPS difference or a slight lowering of IQ doesn't compare to rendering errors IMO.

stisoas
03-27-06, 02:06 PM
I agree. While I prefer ATI's AF image quality to Nvidias it is all moot when the game you are playing has rendering errors on ATI's cards. I've owned both Nvidia and ATI cards over the last few generations and I always seem to have little nagging rendering problems with ATI cards and much fewer to none at all on Nvidia cards. A few FPS difference or a slight lowering of IQ doesn't compare to rendering errors IMO.

dude, 14FPS versus 26fps . it's not even the same gameplay :D

right , i found the fixe , the grass stuff and lowering reso to 1152.
i got 24FPS , its nealry same than 26.

i m quite happy to find a solution , but you cant no more tell ATI sucks...

agentkay
03-27-06, 02:11 PM
This game is also tough to benchmark correctly. The same spot will have different fps at different times. You never know when an animal is near you which might bog down the CPU performance. There are many variables to consider. I read that many devs used 9800s during the dev process, so that might explain a few extra fps as well. Still, Im happy with how my card performs in this game at 1280x720, 8AF, with HDR. :D

Tygerwoody
03-27-06, 02:13 PM

two things.

1. Your English teacher from the 3rd grade would like to have a word with you.

2. ATI Sucks

Vapor Trail
03-27-06, 02:17 PM

dude!!! Turn down a single slider and all is well.

Good god I'm currently playing this game on a 7300GS. (waiting for my 7900GT step up)

You people whine too much. :)

Oh, yeah, and ATI does suck! :fanboy:

stisoas
03-27-06, 02:18 PM
two things.

1. Your English teacher from the 3rd grade would like to have a word with you.

:o . i'm sorry. what are my error ?

Is "you cant tell anymore ?" a better way than "you cant tell no more" ?

:o :o :o :o :o

Tygerwoody
03-27-06, 02:22 PM
:o . i'm sorry. what are my error ?

Is "you cant tell anymore ?" a better way than "you cant tell no more" ?

:o :o :o :o :o
hopeless :o

stisoas
03-27-06, 02:27 PM
hopeless :o

and clueless TOO .

tell me please, dont stay like that , laughin at my english LVL.

rewt
03-27-06, 02:30 PM
The AA is what's killing your performance. Try to turn off AA and enable HDR instead. You'll probably get better framerates and even better image quality too :)

stisoas
03-27-06, 02:34 PM
The AA is what's killing your performance. Try to turn off AA and enable HDR instead. You'll probably get better framerates and even better image quality too :)

please, dont make me laugh. a better image quality without AA ? :o

Tygerwoody
03-27-06, 02:39 PM

From This to

Dude, 14FPS versus 26fps . It's not even the same gameplay :D

I think I found a fix. the grass stuff(no earthly idea what you are saying here) Try lowering the resolution to 1152.
I have 24FPS, which is nearly the same as 26FPS.

I'm quite happy I found a solution. ATI Sucks...

Tygerwoody
03-27-06, 02:42 PM
please, dont make me laugh. a better image quality without AA ? :o
Actually yes. HDR in this game is way better to have than AA.

Buenamos
03-27-06, 02:56 PM
Wow, what a thread, soo many fanboys. It makes me feel like I'm back on the rage3d forums.

stisoas
03-27-06, 02:56 PM
From This to

:D thanks

ROFL@"I'm quite happy I found a solution. ATI Sucks..."

it's not exactly my word :D :D :D