PDA

View Full Version : Is there a built in benchmark demo?

anticitizenzero
03-27-06, 05:40 PM
Is there anytime of built in benchmark demo like doom and farcry had so I can get a definate idea of how big of an improvement different tweaks have?

agentkay
03-27-06, 05:49 PM
No there is not. This game is extremely hard to benchmark because the same areas can have quite a different GPU/CPU load depending on what time or how many AIs are around you. I think thats one reason why the major tech sites didnīt make a performance analysis yet.

SH64
03-28-06, 07:52 AM
Sadly No.
& as agentkay said its hard to benchmark. however if there is some kind of a recording feature then we might be able to do our own "custom" benchmarks.

a12ctic
03-28-06, 08:30 AM
Ya, itd be really hard...

jolle
03-28-06, 01:43 PM
No there is not. This game is extremely hard to benchmark because the same areas can have quite a different GPU/CPU load depending on what time or how many AIs are around you. I think thats one reason why the major tech sites didnīt make a performance analysis yet.
Also grass and trees are randomly generated on the fly, so no outdoor scene is exactly the same even if you are standing on the exact spot facing the exact way..
I spose it would be fairly similar anyway tho, should be roughly the same amount of trees and grass I guess..