PDA

View Full Version : Using defigned Game Profiles in Forceware

The Bigman
03-27-06, 11:49 PM
I heard to get SLI to work right you need to setup game profiles. i go to quake 4 game profile and it gives me the advanced options but to the left of the otions is a check box. what is the check box for with each setting and the sli option says pre determand don't know what that means but cant change that one. there are 2 groups game profiles and active profiles. whats the difference?

some game won't let me change things like Anisothrophic filtering in quake 4 but AA i can change.

IS there a resource for checking these profiles?

OWA
03-28-06, 01:00 AM
Most games already have their SLI value determined by Nvidia so you don't need to change them. Having it say "Predefined" means the value was set by Nvidia and that it's read only. You can't change the value unless you use something like nHancer to override it or if you edit the c:\windows\system32\nvapps.xml file and remove the "predefined" tag next to the value, you can then change the value from the Nvidia control panel. Most of the time, you shouldn't do that. I only change the value when it doesn't seem like it's working. For some reason, the predefined value for Far Cry, for example, doesn't work well for me. So, I'll remove the tag so I can change the value.

They also set the tag on some of the other items if the game works better that way. Like Halo, you can't use AA in Halo so the AA setting will be disabled in the profile.

The Bigman
03-28-06, 11:18 AM
Thats cool so i don't really have to mess with that setting, but whats with the check box on the left of the setting? I can check it or leave it empty.

Wolken007
03-28-06, 11:54 AM
OWA, what value do you use for Farcry?