suburbanguy
03-28-06, 01:03 PM
http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/2006/03/ps3-lie-watch-evidence-updated.html

PS3 LIE WATCH: EVIDENCE UPDATED REGARDING 'MOTORSTORM'

See this picture? This is what Sony said PlayStation3 games were all
going to look like at last year's E3:

http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/pics3/motorstormlie.jpg

As we all thought this was indeed a MASSIVE LIE, as the below ACTUAL
GAME IMAGE captured at the recent Game Developers Conference proves.

http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/pics3/motorstormshame_small.jpg

Just a slight difference then. Ha, and we believe, HA. How stupid does
Sony think we are? Click on it to make it bigger and witness the full
horror. Dear Jesus, please let PlayStation3 be the biggest financial
disaster in the history of home technology. Thanks.

(nana2)

jAkUp
03-28-06, 01:06 PM
I heard that the PS3 demos at GDC were extremely unimpressive.

Riptide
03-28-06, 01:08 PM
I don't get it. Why do some of you seem to WANT this product to be a failure? How is that a good thing?

S.I.N
03-28-06, 01:13 PM
I don't get it. Why do some of you seem to WANT this product to be a failure? How is that a good thing?

Because there fanatical. If you see how these guys get on about a system brand you can image how those religious fundamentalist nuts get on.

Cue...mgs, bdby, echrs, zfan, gguyx. Come on boys, let it begin.

|MaguS|
03-28-06, 01:28 PM
The video of MotorStorm shown at GDC was an alpha build (think it was said to be an early internal build), I don't think they even plan to have it ready for launch.

Oh and what was shown at GDC was not ment to represent gameplay at all... all previews say that. It was only there to show the mud physics, thats why you have a single car running around in circles. I would wait for E3 before you start spouting anything...

Oh and this game isn't made by sony so I don't see its sony lying at all.

ralinn
03-28-06, 01:38 PM
I also can't believe people are actually basing opinions on screenshots as poor in quality as that.

DJMONDY
03-28-06, 03:13 PM
That is an early build of the game just showing off the mud effects.

We all knew the e3 trailers were to good to be true but i bet when motorstorm comes out it will be a very good game it just wont look as good as the trailer did.

Just like fnr3 on the 360. it doesnt look as good as they said it would but its dam close and imo its one of the best games available on the 360.

The ps3 wont fail!

Toss3
03-28-06, 03:43 PM
Well all I can say is that the first shot is clearly not in-game, even a blind man could see that! The second one looks like total crap and let's just hope the final product won't end up looking like donkey-balls. This is what I expect the game to look like in-game(well perhaps a little worse, but not much!):

http://eu.playstation.com/iw_images/assets/images/news/05May/E3/e3_motor_storm/e3_motor_storm_04_big.jpg

ENU291
03-28-06, 04:52 PM
Hey you never know. It just might... The PS3 is 7 to 8 months away. Game Devs should be able to get some games out the door that look and play very well.

toxikneedle
03-28-06, 04:55 PM
I wouldn't worry about games looking bad now, worry if they look bad in late summer/fall. Even E3 builds are gonna be very far from final.

surfhurleydude
03-28-06, 05:14 PM
All I know is that Lair looks like a REALLY fine piece of ace, so I'm not worrying too much about how some motorcross demo is looking like.

Bad_Boy
03-28-06, 05:41 PM
All I know is that Lair looks like a REALLY fine piece of ace, so I'm not worrying too much about how some motorcross demo is looking like.

yes indeed. :D

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/9602/lair13ts.jpg

and just think, theres still 8 more months of development time, if this is indeed a launch title.

DROOL! (nana2) :D (nana2)

Nv40
03-28-06, 08:11 PM
well i dont wish SOny to fail ,neither MS or Nintendo ,i think there is enough market for all players.but i really hope the Motorstorm tech demo is not representative of the game graphics. because looks 100 light years away from the E3 Motorstorm screenshot. the Lighting is too perfect in the first shot that looks like if it was made by a profesional 3danimation software.Plus the enviroments looks too good to be true for a next generation game. But I think is fair to give them time to show the final game ,Because it can be in very very very early stages.and there is a big posibility that they were only demostrating physics intead of graphics ,hopefully the real game will be very close to the trailer.

if someone remember the original Tech demo of EPic of The Unreal engine3 for the Nv30 launch (a Knight with a torch in test level of gears of wars),it doesnt look remotely close to the later game demos.

the Good news is that MEtalGearsolid4 looked really awesome ,just a bit lower quality that motorstorm :) . and it was realtime ,so in that game that quality so early in time ,when the developers are just at the begining of learning a completely new console is something worth to remember. I really think we will see awesome graphics by by the end of this year. and more amazing stuff second generation and third generation games ,once developers learn to squeez every bit of power in the PS3. THis is also no diferent for any other console.

Mr_LoL
03-28-06, 11:55 PM
Give me at bit of that Gran Turismo and devil may cry game and then we will be talking.

Q
03-28-06, 11:59 PM
Give me at bit of that Gran Turismo and devil may cry game and then we will be talking.

I think Gran Turismo will damn near be close enough of a MUST HAVE for me. If it looked and played THAT good on the PS2...

Zelda_fan
03-29-06, 12:39 AM
but i really hope the Motorstorm tech demo is not representative of the game graphics. because looks 100 light years away from the E3 Motorstorm screenshot.

wow even nv40 admits sony screwed up. You know this game is gonna suck.

msxyz
03-29-06, 04:17 AM
If Sony market presence were heavily ridimensioned this generation, it would be a good thing. The PS2 is still selling at 149$. A monopolist does not have to worry about pricing too much, because people buy his goods regardless. That's why competition is good.

I may understand, though, that some people may have a chirp on their shoulder against Sony for having pushed Sega out of businness and Nintendo in a corner.

H3avyM3tal
03-29-06, 09:27 AM
The only kind of terrain I like my car on is on asphalt! bring on Gran Tursimo 5!

As we all know, some devs have better looking games, while others not. Polyphony is on the first group oc, and when the good stuff will start pouring at E3, noone will rmember what is this about motor storm....

|MaguS|
03-29-06, 09:28 AM
Warhawk 2 playable at E3! It makes me cry that I can't afford to go this year...

EDIT: BTW If you go to gamespot and look at the higher resolution E3 Pictures, you can see alising and even low resolution textures. Is it ingame? Dout it, more like a replay but it "could" be what it will look like at its final state... guess we have to wait for E3 2K6.

We know that detailed damage is possible on nextgen systems since well Burnout 360 looks as detailed.

Anyone want to buy my PC? :o

Toss3
03-29-06, 09:41 AM
I don't see how sony has got anything to do with motorstorm... But yeah you're right, titles like these seldomly end up being very good especially if they've lied about the graphics! In the end it all just comes down to the real thing; so let's just wait and see until we make any judgements! ;)

|MaguS|
03-29-06, 09:47 AM
Evolution Studios has a decent backing suprisingly, I didn't know but they are the ones behind WRC (World Rally Championship) which is a great rally game. Graphically its pretty dam good for a PS2 title.

http://www.gamespot.com/search.html?qs=WRC&sub=i

UDawg
03-29-06, 03:16 PM
Sony PS3 is the cause of all cancer on the earth and they eat babies.

nVidiaGuru
03-29-06, 04:08 PM
Sony PS3 is the cause of all cancer on the earth and they eat babies.

yes and now that we have such evidence we can recruit the fanboys in the holy name of allah to run planes into the sony headquarters. DOWN WITH THE INFIDELS!!

Nv40
03-29-06, 05:48 PM

Err.. thats your assumption not mine. i only told that the screenshot blows.. incomparison with what was show at E3. But also im aware that is too early to say how the game will look when finsished. neither we know if the tech demo is just an engine test for the conference to give an idea of the physics that we will see in the game. we cant know for sure if that was representative or not of the game. i really doubt we will ever see racing games in the PS3 with just one vehicle and a single big empty land with just one texture in the background. time will tell.

UDawg
03-30-06, 02:55 PM
yes and now that we have such evidence we can recruit the fanboys in the holy name of allah to run planes into the sony headquarters. DOWN WITH THE INFIDELS!!
SWEET! where do I sign up?