PDA

View Full Version : Purevideo won't work!

Darkfalz
03-29-06, 03:49 AM
Thought I'd try PureVideo out, even though I have a perfectly nice Cyberlink MPEG-2 decoder that came with my DTV card (works great with DXVA).

Well, I couldn't get it to work at all. 81.98 drivers on 6600GT.

Couldn't play back an MPEG-2 file with it, and it wouldn't work with my DTV app (which specfically has support for using it).

Tried reinstalling and rebooting, still no luck.

What junk! And they want you to pay another $19.95 for it on top of what you paid for your card.

Demanufakture
03-29-06, 04:40 AM
I would think that if you are using the latest purevideo release then you would probably need the latest drivers that support it. These drivers are 84.21 - 84.25. Of course this is just a guess of mine because I haven't ever used purevideo. Hope this helps.

CainSyris
04-02-06, 05:17 PM
Thought I'd try PureVideo out, even though I have a perfectly nice Cyberlink MPEG-2 decoder that came with my DTV card (works great with DXVA).

Well, I couldn't get it to work at all. 81.98 drivers on 6600GT.

Couldn't play back an MPEG-2 file with it, and it wouldn't work with my DTV app (which specfically has support for using it).

Tried reinstalling and rebooting, still no luck.

What junk! And they want you to pay another $19.95 for it on top of what you paid for your card.

Darkfalz, from Teamxbox, no? And you always seem so technical there, but can't even get Purevideo to work for you? Ahem.

Without describing the problem it gives you (no screen, black screen, blue screen, garbled image), how do you really expect anyone to help you? I'll offer a guess, though.

Sometimes codecs can step on each other and interfere with one another to the point of completely blocking out another. If you haven't already, try uninstalling PowerDVD and any other dvd/mpeg2 codec you might have installed (including the illegal ones by Elecard) and try reinstalling your Purevideo codec then.

It never hurts to have the latest beta nVidia drivers, too, as they do add (with the latest Purevideo) support for HD playback on certain cards and in certain configs.

Provided that does not work, you should use Graphedit to check the way your filters are laid out and/or use another (of a wide variety) of programs to check how your codecs are laid out. If I remember correctly, even Microsoft has a program out that will allow you to see which codec has priority when it comes to mpeg2 streams.

That is the only real way mpeg2 would fail on Purevideo (if something else is stepping in).

Yes, I have a media PC with an AGP based 6600, so I know it works. If you really are the same one from TeamXbox, I'd think you'd know better than to lambaste nVidia's hardware just because you failed to get it to work on your first few tries. ;)

Darkfalz
04-02-06, 05:54 PM
Nope I'm not from Teambox. Though I'm reasonably technical. I checked the merit of my MPEG-2 decoders and the priority of the NVIDIA one was well above the existing one. I even disabled the Cyberlink one, and it wouldn't play back at all.

Latest NVIDIA drivers are seriously glitchy in Source games for me.

victor_c26
04-03-06, 10:32 PM
What is PureVideo?

I mean, aren't I already using it when I play a DVD through PowerDVD with video acceleration turned on? I always thought it was an automatically turned on when in use feature.

Darkfalz
04-03-06, 11:59 PM
I believe any DXVA enabled MPEG-2 codec is using the best hardware deinterlacing and decoding available on your card, but PureVideo gives you more options I think. And it's also for other codecs like WMV9 and H264 I believe.