PDA

View Full Version : Does any company include Purevideo decoders when purchasing 7900-series?

Xophile
03-29-06, 07:59 AM
Anyone have a clue?

Darkfalz
03-29-06, 04:59 PM
I doubt it, and if they did, I'm sure there would be a big sticker on the box. They don't even throw the freely downloadable tech demos on the installation CD :thumbdwn:

SH0DAN
03-29-06, 07:29 PM
Given the price of the damn cards,they should ! especially the GTX's.The hell with these garbage software bundles of games 99% of us already have 99% of time;or giving us games we dont want, or wouldnt even buy if we saw them in the bargain bin at our local EB.... When I pay 500+ dollars for a video card,I want these decoders and a good software dvd decoder package included !! What is the point of pushing all these supposedly 'free' features if we cant use them out of the box,without spending even more money for
things that dont even work half the time,6 months later,after a dozen plus driver updates !!!?!?!?!

Mr_LoL
03-30-06, 12:36 AM
Given the price of the damn cards,they should ! especially the GTX's.The hell with these garbage software bundles of games 99% of us already have 99% of time;or giving us games we dont want, or wouldnt even buy if we saw them in the bargain bin at our local EB.... When I pay 500+ dollars for a video card,I want these decoders and a good software dvd decoder package included !! What is the point of pushing all these supposedly 'free' features if we cant use them out of the box,without spending even more money for
things that dont even work half the time,6 months later,after a dozen plus driver updates !!!?!?!?!

QFT

ManOnFire
03-30-06, 12:44 AM
You dont need purevideo, i got powerdvd 6 for free with my 7800GT and cpu usage is lower than purevideo when hw accel is enabled. And i dont see any quality differences either, maybe pdvd6 is slightly better. If i had to choose between buying purevideo and pdvd6 i'd buy pdvd6.