PDA

View Full Version : Revolution Specs?

Pages : [1] 2

Bad_Boy
03-29-06, 08:53 PM
http://revolution.ign.com/articles/699/699118p1.html

729 mhz CPU

88MB RAM

243 mhz GPU with NO additional functionality over Gamecube.

eww. :thumbdwn:

Tyr-Sog
03-29-06, 10:03 PM
They need to just go software already and make their games for companies moving forward.

Edge
03-29-06, 11:04 PM
Yeah, saw this earlier. I was pretty surprised, I mean I knew it was just an upgrade to the Gamecube hardware, but the same architecture with 50% higher clocks? That's like a videocard refresh. I'm really surprised that it sounds like they didn't really add any effects to the GPU, it probably isn't even up to DX8-level shaders.

I'm not even sure why they didn't make the controller an addon for the Gamecube instead of making an entirely new system. It isn't significantly improved over it in any way except the RAM (expansion pak, anyone?).

LiquidX
03-29-06, 11:12 PM
Wow, but I have seen some very impressive graphics from GC so I think the Revolution may surprise us. Also from those specs it seems like it will be very cheap.

Buenamos
03-29-06, 11:23 PM
IMO i think the Revolution is going to flop in the U.S. but continue to thrive in Asia. What do u guys think?

Omega53
03-30-06, 12:04 AM
That's like a videocard refresh. I'm really surprised that it sounds like they didn't really add any effects to the GPU, it probably isn't even up to DX8-level shaders.

I read that it was actually going to have dx9 level shader capabilities

Edge
03-30-06, 12:42 AM
I read that it was actually going to have dx9 level shader capabilities

I read that too, but the article suggests otherwise:

Sources we spoke with suggest that it is unlikely the GPU will feature any added shaders, as has been speculated.

-=DVS=-
03-30-06, 01:12 AM
Its not realy bad , its smaller then Cube its more powerfull and its gonna be cheap ;) affordable console for family oriented games .

|MaguS|
03-30-06, 06:31 AM
While its more powerful then the Gamecube its pathetic compared to PS3 and X360. Im guessing Nintendo now knows they wont be selling anywhere near the amount of consoles that MS and Sony will be so they decided to go cheap on it.

Nintendo has no chance in america now, Fans will buy it but people who don't know anything and will compare the games wont go for it. In america graphics mean everything...

I wont buy it untill I see some dam fun games (not gimicks).

Bad_Boy
03-30-06, 10:24 AM
kids will still buy it because:
1. its gonna be very cheap compared to the competitors (think about the parents)
2. its nintendo (fan base)
3. they will probably market the remote as the best thing since sliced bread

think about it, it will be like DS vs PSP all over again.
-psp/ps3 has its features, graphics, own media storage(umd/blu-ray).
-DS/rev has its fanbase, pricepoint, stylus/remote.

me personally, if nintendo actually fixes their titles, and not offer 70% kiddie games, i would actually think about getting one if it released at 200 or less. i wouldnt mind grabbing one after a price drop or two, and if the remote isnt just a gimmick.

nintendo will definatly have a price point advantage this time around. imagine if they released it at 200 while the competitors next door had theirs for 400+. but lets face it, those system specs are pretty unimpressive.

|MaguS|
03-30-06, 10:27 AM
Yeah but fanbase wont win them the console war or even get them half the amount of consoles sold then the other consoles. There are many nintendo only fans left...

I already know the Revolutions game library...

Mario
Zelda
Nintendo Dogs
Mario
Mario Sport
Mario Party
Princess Game
Nintendo Cats
Metriod
Mario Sport
Mario Party
Mario
Mario Sport
Mario Party
Zelda

JamesDax
03-30-06, 10:31 AM
Yeah but fanbase wont win them the console war or even get them half the amount of consoles sold then the other consoles. There are many nintendo only fans left...

Mario
Zelda
Nintendo Dogs
Mario
Mario Sport
Mario Party
Princess Game
Nintendo Cats
Metriod
Mario Sport
Mario Party
Mario
Mario Sport
Mario Party
Zelda

LMAO!!! :D Yeah, that sounds about right.

Tygerwoody
03-30-06, 10:40 AM

Mario
Zelda
Nintendo Dogs
Mario
Mario Sport
Mario Party
Princess Game
Nintendo Cats
Metriod
Mario Sport
Mario Party
Mario
Mario Sport
Mario Party
Zelda
that list is so wrong... how could you leave off SUPER SMASH BROTHERS AND MARIO KART!!! :D

Nintendo games remind me of people that play on a MAC.

"breakout, superbreakout,........ photoshop" :D

/still buying a Nintendo because they know how to make great games, even if they are the same game over and over.

//Xbox360 sucks

///evilgirl bring it

Sazar
03-30-06, 10:46 AM
They just bought rights to a multitude of games (older titles, but classics) so if they are going to emulate all of those, that automatically opens a MASSIVE library for them besides the traditional nintendo products.

Anyways, the majority of the games/franchises nintendo has are on par/better than most of the franchises that m$ and sony have. Graphics on the gc are pretty good considering the hardware.

|MaguS|
03-30-06, 11:11 AM
Sony with the PS2 has been showing that it can match Nintendo with quality First Party titles in many more genre's then what Nintendo supports.

Look at God of War, Socom, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, GT3/4, Kinetica, Ape Escape, Twisted Metal Black, JaK Series, Kri Series and probably some others that I missed.

Marvel_us
03-30-06, 11:16 AM
Can't forget the DMC series.

I'll make my opinion whether the console is a hit or miss based on actual game demos. Probably won't end up buying one though.

|MaguS|
03-30-06, 11:20 AM
Can't forget the DMC series.

I'll make my opinion whether the console is a hit or miss based on actual game demos. Probably won't end up buying one though.

DMC is from Capcom, not Sony... I was talking about First Party titles since well Nintendo has no 3rd Party Support.

Marvel_us
03-30-06, 11:42 AM
Oops my fault. Didn't realize you guys were talking about first party not exclusives.

ENU291
03-30-06, 01:09 PM
The Revolution is going to sell like hot cakes here. The parents of younger gamers are going to eat it up and I suspect that even hardcore gamers will buy a Revolution just to play the 3 or 4 AAA titles Nintendo is known for.

Acid Rain
03-30-06, 04:13 PM

Mario
Zelda
Nintendo Dogs
Mario
Mario Sport
Mario Party
Princess Game
Nintendo Cats
Metriod
Mario Sport
Mario Party
Mario
Mario Sport
Mario Party
ZeldaAll that innovation is too much to bear!!! :drooling:

:lol2:

ralinn
03-30-06, 04:53 PM
I'll be buying it. Nintendo make great games and always have. That's all I give a **** about. Not all this hardware crap.

zoomy942
03-30-06, 05:00 PM
this will be the first console i buy since my origianl NES that i still have.

Zeta
03-31-06, 02:19 PM
But if the hardware is ~ $99 = cheapness FTW! They will sell like hotcakes.

Parents at walmart shopping for christmas... I have heard of Nintendo, they make great games and the system is only $99 or I can get this fancy Xbox for $399. The games look the same to me. Nintendo wins.

Marvel_us
03-31-06, 03:36 PM
I don't know who told you the console was going to be $99 but they lied.

Am_I_Evil
04-02-06, 06:01 AM
I don't know who told you the console was going to be $99 but they lied.

his point still works even if ends up at like $199