PDA

View Full Version : Farcry for the 360

RiciN
03-29-06, 10:53 PM
Anyone pick up farcry for the 360?

Don't know if I want to buy it or not...loookin for impressions.

GamerGuyX
03-29-06, 11:26 PM
Yeah I just bought it today. I beat Instincts on the original Xbox and I still feel it was worth the money to buy it again at full price for the 360. I love the improved water effects and of course the high-def 720p support.

1337_Like_ThaT
03-30-06, 02:27 AM
^^ Nice I am also considering purchasing it simply for the HD Support :)

jAkUp
03-30-06, 02:35 AM
If I had an XB360 I would get this game for the water alone..lol Best looking water I have ever seen in any game.

ralinn
04-15-06, 02:22 PM
I've been playing it for the past few weeks. It's not really worth the money if you've played the Xbox version. The GFX are pretty crap for a 360 too, the only thing that has noticeably been changed since the xbox version is the water.

Playing it through in High res is VERY ugly too. Although there's alot of bettwer detailed guns, enemies etc in the new story, the game still looks pretty bland. It's worth the money if you've never played the xbox version though, you get an awful lot of content for your money.

Gaco
04-15-06, 03:10 PM
Buy GRAW and save for Gears of War - that's what I'm doing :)

Mr. Hunt
04-15-06, 08:35 PM
I was thinking about it... but after watching a IGN Insider masterbit or whatever it is called... the gameplay looked very sloppy and didn't interest me :(.

RiciN
04-16-06, 12:00 AM
Yea, I decided to pass on it. I'm really sick of these ports and am anxious to see what a game that is actually coded for the 360 from the ground up will look and play like.

DJMONDY
04-16-06, 05:57 AM
Ive got it and personally i wouldnt bother.

If you want the best version of far cry get the pc version. it looks better and plays better imo.

If you really want a new 360 game get something other than far cry. it really isnt that good even if you havnt played it on the original xbox.

Mr. Hunt
04-16-06, 06:12 AM
Ive got it and personally i wouldnt bother.

If you want the best version of far cry get the pc version. it looks better and plays better imo.

If you really want a new 360 game get something other than far cry. it really isnt that good even if you havnt played it on the original xbox.

Does it play as sloppy as it looked? The animations and stuff looked terrible and I don't know... there was just something about it that just looked EXTREMELY sloppy gameplay-wise... hard to explain how I feel lol.

ralinn
04-16-06, 08:10 AM
I prefer the console version to the PC version. The GFX is the only thing that let it down for me. The new story ont he 360 version feels more like the the PC version though. It has a huge open environment but suffers A LOT from framerate issues :(

OWA
04-16-06, 11:36 AM
I don't really like the Xbox 360 version.

DJMONDY
04-17-06, 07:03 PM
Does it play as sloppy as it looked? The animations and stuff looked terrible and I don't know... there was just something about it that just looked EXTREMELY sloppy gameplay-wise... hard to explain how I feel lol.

Its very sloppy. the controls are horrible even if you tweak them in the settings and apart from some nice water effects and okish gun models the game hasnt really got much going for it.

Its a bitch to play because of the controls and (for the 360) doesnt look half as good as it could have looked .

You would be much better off getting graw, fnr3, tr:l, anything really, i just think these games are more worthy of your money than far cry.

If you have to have far cry instincts then get it for the old xbox (if you have one). apart from the water, gun models and higher resolution theres not much difference. the controls are much nicer too AND its cheaper! ;)