PDA

View Full Version : Duke Nukem Forever Tidbits

jAkUp
03-30-06, 03:18 AM
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/3342/29yy.jpg

nutcrackr
03-30-06, 03:35 AM
mock-up level, vehicle sequence, test rooms and a battle? Yeah really sounds like they have a lot of work done :rolleyes:

faraday
03-30-06, 04:18 AM
omg in-game email!! The delay's all worth it now!!(nana2)

Burpy
03-30-06, 06:39 AM
For a second I thought that was the box art for the game, but realized it was a mag scan. :p

I hope they finish DNF sooner rather than later, because I think they might fall behind in the eye candy race with UT2k7, Quake Wars & lets not forget the impressive Crysis engine.
Even if they are a year behind in the tech department, I hope the gameplay makes up for it.

At this point I am not really excited about the game, but more curious about what they will put out as a final product.
I do wish them luck & hope they put out something special & not become Daikatana 2.

Nice find jAkUp.

Superfly
03-30-06, 06:55 AM
For a second I thought that was the box art for the game, but realized it was a mag scan. :p

I hope they finish DNF sooner rather than later, because I think they might fall behind in the eye candy race with UT2k7, Quake Wars & lets not forget the impressive Crysis engine.
Even if they are a year behind in the tech department, I hope the gameplay makes up for it.

At this point I am not really excited about the game, but more curious about what they will put out as a final product.
I do wish them luck & hope they put out something special & not become Daikatana 2.

Nice find jAkUp.

Yeh I hope it works out well for them (and us!!)

Brimstone7
03-30-06, 07:26 AM
"...and now you just have to build the house."

Are you kidding me? 9 years and they are still falling in the same trap. Running on 1 year old tech already puts them 1 year behind of everyone else. They're not even close to having any real pieces of the game, either! What a total joke. I figured they kept quiet the last couple of years to hunker down and actually do something but it turns out they were quiet because they had nothing to show. I was looking forward to this game as much as anyone else but the best thing to do right now is to just let it die.

Superfly
03-30-06, 07:32 AM
"...and now you just have to build the house."

Are you kidding me? 9 years and they are still falling in the same trap. Running on 1 year old tech already puts them 1 year behind of everyone else. They're not even close to having any real pieces of the game, either! What a total joke. I figured they kept quiet the last couple of years to hunker down and actually do something but it turns out they were quiet because they had nothing to show. I was looking forward to this game as much as anyone else but the best thing to do right now is to just let it die.

could'nt disagree more, but then I've never minded waiting for anything in life.

TheManko
03-30-06, 10:10 AM
Who cares how old the tech is, what matters is how it actually looks. I do hope this will become a Call of Cthuhlu rather than a Daikatana. But I seriously believe it will actually become the former and have for several years now.

Quickstar
03-30-06, 10:47 AM
PREY looks very impressive, so Duke Nukem might as well. PREY also proves that the DOOM engine can go beyond corridors. Can Duke Nukem take the DOOM engine beyond dark metal levels?

BioHazZarD
03-30-06, 11:04 AM
wow yeah typing an email in duke nukem will be so cool.. hahaha pff this game is so dead before it even started... a big damn joke why cant they admit this game will never finish ?

Quickstar
03-30-06, 11:06 AM
Because its duke nukem forever!

do do chsh

Superfly
03-30-06, 11:09 AM
wow yeah typing an email in duke nukem will be so cool.. hahaha pff this game is so dead before it even started... a big damn joke why cant they admit this game will never finish ?

because they are actually going to finish it ;)

Athena
03-30-06, 11:50 AM
I have been into gaming on the computer for way to many years. Started on the Apple2 then the Amiga, Mac and finely in the mid 90's the PC.
The 1st FPS on the PC I ever played was Duke Nukem 3D. Man did this game rock, cool graphics and lots of stuff to play with in the game. That was like 10 plus years ago!!

Burpy
03-30-06, 12:08 PM
PREY looks very impressive, so Duke Nukem might as well. PREY also proves that the DOOM engine can go beyond corridors. Can Duke Nukem take the DOOM engine beyond dark metal levels?

Duke Nukem Forever is not using the DOOM3 engine but a highly modified Unreal engine.
3DRealms claims it's basically a new engine created by them using only the base tools from the Unreal engine.
The renderer, fx etc. are all created by 3DRealms.

CaptNKILL
03-30-06, 12:48 PM
Duke Nukem ForNEVER!!!

HA HA!

Did everyone see the way I cleverly inserted an N into the word forever to poke fun at the way this game is never coming out? Oh yeah... I went there...

|MaguS|
03-30-06, 12:57 PM
I will continue to wait for the game because I know it will be fun!

jAkUp
03-30-06, 01:54 PM
What I'm suprised is they still don't have much of the game completed. They barely finished the tech a year ago??

Wolfhound
03-31-06, 12:40 AM
7-8 years and the have nothing to show to maintain the hopes of the people, nice, Im tired for waiting something that I think never happens, release date of DNF!!!!! :lol:

sytaylor
03-31-06, 07:43 AM
Hey Chinese Democracy gets released this year, who knows anything can happen after that...