PDA

View Full Version : 7900 GTX and DirectX 10 Support

Pages : [1] 2

Digital_Trans
03-30-06, 09:16 AM
I was just wondering if the 7900 GTX 512 is going to support DirectX 10 ?

Superfly
03-30-06, 09:18 AM
nope

Digital_Trans
03-30-06, 09:20 AM
nope

That sucks... spend half a grand or more on video cards and your S.O.L. on getting future DirectX 10 support... lmao! (nana2)

a12ctic
03-30-06, 09:22 AM
Oh well at least youll be able to play the latest opengl titals ;)

Digital_Trans
03-30-06, 09:38 AM
Well, at least we should see over all game improvements with DirectX 9 in the future such as reversions which lead to better graphics. I'm sure Microsoft will make revised versions from where their at now with DirectX 9c and higher such as Direct X 9e or DirectX 9f.

jolle
03-30-06, 09:42 AM
That sucks... spend half a grand or more on video cards and your S.O.L. on getting future DirectX 10 support... lmao! (nana2)
If you remember that there was a time where you had 1 generation per DX generation, and one refresh.. wasnt until DX9 that DX slowed down.
TNT1/2 DX6 and down (well noone really used D3d back then, but still)
Geforce 256/2 DX7
Geforce 3/4 DX8
Geforce FX,6,78,79 DX9

jAkUp
03-30-06, 01:56 PM
Yup, no DX10 :( There are no cards on the market that have support for DX10.

parecon
03-30-06, 09:47 PM
A lot of sites are very misleading, I know Tiger Direct and Mwave say...

"Built for Microsoft® Windows Vista™
NVIDIA's third-generation GPU architecture built for Windows Vista give users the best possible experience with the 3D graphical user interface in the upcoming operation system (OS) from Microsoft."

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch.hmx?SCriteria=3000523

Crazy Chuckster
03-30-06, 10:14 PM
A lot of sites are very misleading, I know Tiger Direct and Mwave say...

"Built for Microsoft® Windows Vista™
NVIDIA's third-generation GPU architecture built for Windows Vista give users the best possible experience with the 3D graphical user interface in the upcoming operation system (OS) from Microsoft."

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch.hmx?SCriteria=3000523

It says that right on my eVGA box!

Digital_Trans
03-31-06, 12:09 AM
Even BFG says it on their website. I mean where do they draw the line at?
No DirectX 10 Support for an Ultra High-end graphics card? that's cost $500+ if note more...that's really sick! :(

Q
03-31-06, 12:14 AM
It says that right on my eVGA box!

You know what it said on my eVGA box for my 6800 Ultra AGP?

WMVHD support!!!! And we all know how that turned out. (pirate)

Digital_Trans
03-31-06, 07:19 AM
As long as I can play a PC version future release of Gears of War that users the Unreal 3 Engine I don't care. If the game can look that good using DirectX 9c, then I'm set for awhile. :)

loafer87gt
03-31-06, 10:54 AM
Even BFG says it on their website. I mean where do they draw the line at?
No DirectX 10 Support for an Ultra High-end graphics card? that's cost $500+ if note more...that's really sick! :(

BFG also says they have a lifetime warranty. You'll find out how truthful that is as well if you ever try and use it.

Digital_Trans
03-31-06, 05:28 PM
BFG also says they have a lifetime warranty. You'll find out how truthful that is as well if you ever try and use it.

I've used it a number of times. They setup an RMA and replace it. How the process works is, once you send in the defective unit, BFG will ship out a replacement of the same kind of card. I don't know about you but, I'll lead the way when I call them and I'm very vocal and effective with them over the phone. Give them the answers and don't ask them alot of questions! It's like a question for an answer and an answer for a question game.
Hunt or be hunted if you will. Keep in mind, companies are not out to help you. Their out to screw you over anytime they can find a weakness.

-Knowledge is power! knowing is half the battle! ;)

alias_3
03-31-06, 08:53 PM
nope only G80's will support it.

keith33
03-31-06, 09:34 PM
Who cares, I can use my 7900 for a solid 7 months before Vista will even see the light of day, at that point there won't be a huge amount of titles to utilize it anyways. My upgrade cycle is about 12 months for a video card anyways, it doesn't bother me.

hemmy
03-31-06, 10:16 PM
Vista=Early 2007 if every thing goes well, dont expect any DirectX 10 Windows XP support

Most enthusiasts with 7900s aren't hurting in the wallets, so they will probably buy a G80/R600 when it came out

Digital_Trans
03-31-06, 11:45 PM
Even when DirectX 10 does arrive and the hardware supports it. I'm sure there won't be much of a noticeable difference between now and then.
Only the board makers give it all the hype on this and that. Plus, they try to use big words to sound like they have something important to say to the world. Be forsty and alert on your next big purchase.

DoomUK
04-01-06, 05:44 AM
Even when DirectX 10 does arrive and the hardware supports it. I'm sure there won't be much of a noticeable difference between now and then.

Crysis ;)

RejZoR
04-01-06, 09:08 AM
Lol i hope you've seen the realistic lightning and shadowing in Crysis game (forrest scene). DX9 games look like cartoon compared to Crysis (DX10).

jAkUp
04-01-06, 12:33 PM
Most of DX10 are used for performance enhancements, but there are a few new features.

I really wished DX10 would include some sort of physics API. Like Directphysics or something.

Pistolgrip
04-01-06, 02:45 PM
The raw power in the cards won't change much between now and DX10 cards, lets get that straight.

The new DX10 cards are just "Smarter" at doing what they do, which could end up in big improvements for some things (smoke, fog, that crap). Raw poly pushing power won't be changed, neither will raw pixel shading change. It's just the ability to do more work with less which will change.

I'm looking forward to what DX10 brings (currently on 7800GT 512MB SLI) but it will be probably 2 years before a title that uses it exclusively is worth purchasing (if then). Remember DX9? Good games for that spec came out MUCH longer after the DX9 release.

hemmy
04-01-06, 03:02 PM
Lol i hope you've seen the realistic lightning and shadowing in Crysis game (forrest scene). DX9 games look like cartoon compared to Crysis (DX10).

everything shown in crysis thus far can be done with DX9 so...

wheeljack12
04-01-06, 09:30 PM
The problem with me is not the just the hardware support. It's is true dx10 doesn't have backwards compatibility at the hardware or software level? What about some of us who will have a few or a lot of DX9 or earlier games we will still want to play when dx10 hits the market. I have heard of elitist in gaming, but this goes beyond reason. If MS has any smarts, they will create a emulator or allow a 3rd party to make one for what will be then gaming of the past at this rate. I know that development is good, but even Origin Systems knew where to draw the line when they pushed the envelope with the Wing Commander series.

jAkUp
04-01-06, 09:33 PM
Crysis is coming out in first quarter of 2007, that is a DX10 title, and is not 2 years away.