PDA

View Full Version : how do i carry something in my hand

nrs421
03-30-06, 10:16 AM
how do i carry something in my hand? i am bought the house in anvil and am trying to attach the item but i cant....holding left click doesnt seem to do anything

ginfest
03-30-06, 10:24 AM
"z" will let you hold something and drag it around the room. You can put stuff in place, on tables, etc.
I don't know any other way to actually hold or carry an item except of course for weapons/shields.

CaptNKILL
03-30-06, 10:31 AM
Time to read the manual! :p

As ginfest said... z is the default "grab" key. That lets you hold and drag things around. Or throw them.

nrs421
03-30-06, 10:51 AM
Time to read the manual! :p

read the manual? who reads the manual? only n00bs read the manual :D .....read the manual...never heard of such a ridiculous suggestion :p

CaptNKILL
03-30-06, 11:00 AM
read the manual? who reads the manual? only n00bs read the manual :D .....read the manual...never heard of such a ridiculous suggestion :p
heh heh ;)

Warwind
03-30-06, 11:47 AM
Your RTFM skill has increased! :D

Mr. Hunt
03-31-06, 01:38 AM
I love doing this... sometimes I find a sword worth a pretty penny that I would never use, but I want the cash... but alas... it weighs too much and I don't want to drop anything... so I just drag it around this way, put it in my inventory, change "zones" and then drop it and drag it again... have done this a few times now and it works wonders ;).

CaptNKILL
03-31-06, 02:43 AM
I love doing this... sometimes I find a sword worth a pretty penny that I would never use, but I want the cash... but alas... it weighs too much and I don't want to drop anything... so I just drag it around this way, put it in my inventory, change "zones" and then drop it and drag it again... have done this a few times now and it works wonders ;).
Hey, thats a good idea :D

I use feather potions though... the good ones I make give me 160 extra max weight (per potion) for like 10 minutes.

Mr. Hunt
03-31-06, 06:32 PM
Also lately I have been using this to kill crap with traps... I was in an oblivion gate and low on health.. something set off a trap before and it was just sort of dangling there... so I pulled the giant thing back monster was coming for me... I let go and the beast died from it ;).... then earlier there was one of those "log on ropes" traps... I grabbed it and held it about midway to stop some skeleton from getting to me and just shot him with my bow and arrow (guess I have a few arms to hold the log and shoot with two hands ;)).