PDA

View Full Version : ^#@^&@ Crash everytime I try to enter Oblivion Gate

5H4RP
03-30-06, 12:45 PM
So I haven't crashed the game at all after about 15 hours but now everytime I try to enter the first Oblivion Gate at Kvatch I insta crash to desktop. Anyone have any suggestions?

My system is
Athlon X2 3800+ (not OCed)
7800GT (slightly under OCed)
2 gigs of Ram
Nforce4 Asus Mobo with onboard sound (hardware acceleration turned down).

Latest drivers on everything. My ini is heavily tweaked but again I haven't crashed going in and out of various cells.

BioHazZarD
03-30-06, 01:21 PM
no idea but the save might be corrupt.

zoomy942
03-30-06, 04:05 PM
a reinstall is all that fixed it for me

killahsin
03-30-06, 06:40 PM
also i get crashes when i try to do somthing that screws with what i should be doing for a current quest. Like for instance i had a horse wanted to buy a new one, but because i was in a certain portion of the theives quest, if i did not finish that portion no matter what i did ridding off into the wilderness would crash me. as soon as i went and finished that portion i could again do whatever i wanted. So if you start experiancing crashing constantly make sure u do a portion of the last quest u just recently accepeted or advanced on. i believe it may be an issue in the rai system causing a crash, because the npc is stuck in limbo waiting for you and maybe he gets hungry who knows.

Mr. Hunt
03-30-06, 07:37 PM
also i get crashes when i try to do somthing that screws with what i should be doing for a current quest. Like for instance i had a horse wanted to buy a new one, but because i was in a certain portion of the theives quest, if i did not finish that portion no matter what i did ridding off into the wilderness would crash me. as soon as i went and finished that portion i could again do whatever i wanted. So if you start experiancing crashing constantly make sure u do a portion of the last quest u just recently accepeted or advanced on. i believe it may be an issue in the rai system causing a crash, because the npc is stuck in limbo waiting for you and maybe he gets hungry who knows.

Yup... I had a similar issue... the game REFUSED to let me inside Imperial City... so I went and did some Dark Brotherhood quests until one led me back to Imperial City, so I figured I would try again, and it went in no problem.

I believe the same thing happened to me in Morrowind before, also.

5H4RP
03-31-06, 12:13 AM
Well I found out what it was that making me crash....

bUseBackgroundFileLoader=0

Had that set to 1. :P

Oh well alls well that ends well, just did the Siege of Kvatch. Amazing gameplay exp.