PDA

View Full Version : Tf2

UDawg
03-30-06, 02:54 PM
What is going on with this? Why was it never released and why wont they talk about it?

I am sure these questions have been asked many times since 98 but I wanted my own thread.

So what is up with this title? Why can't they get this product out to the market?

CaptNKILL
03-30-06, 03:53 PM
Other than Half-Life 2, this is the only Valve related game I've ever been remotely interested in.

I hope it comes out some day, but I wouldnt be surprised if it was totaly canned. Theres way too much competition these days. Class based shooters are a dime a dozen now, and most of them would be tough to match (at least to me).

I know TF2 is far less realistic than most class based shooters, but I still dont see it being different enough to compete with the ones we'll be seeing over the next year. Quake Wars is probably going to be the final nail in the coffin for this one sadly...

I was just thinking earlier about all the awesome Half-Life mods I used to play... I wish they would make a Scientist Hunt mod for Half-Life 2. That was the most hilarious and fun mod ever. I've been thinking of reinstalling my old steam-free version of HL and then trying to find an old copy of that mod and some bots so I can play that again. What a kick ass mod :D

Mr. Hunt
03-30-06, 03:57 PM
Yeah... if this ever came out, it would probably be the only/last Valve game I would ever buy... I loved TFC.

GlowStick
03-30-06, 04:06 PM
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54222

Think i can declare vicotry yet?

UDawg
03-30-06, 07:15 PM
Yeah... if this ever came out, it would probably be the only/last Valve game I would ever buy... I loved TFC.
TFC was where it was at. Nothing beat running across the bridge and concussion jumping up to the top as a medic. Then poisoning everyone. Good times.

Glowstick, I think you can. As I said, it's been since 98 and NOTHING! I liked TFC because it was cartoony and it had turret there were upgradable.

Rakeesh
03-30-06, 10:53 PM
I never quite liked TFC as much as the original TF. There were some submods for TF that totally kicked ass and never saw the light of day on TFC. One such submod was called town1.bsp, and you had three teams. There were the cops (blue,) the robbers (red,) and the gangsters (yellow.)

The cops started inside of this little building that had kind of an office and then a bank vault. The vault had three routes to get inside of the room just outside of it, and then the vault itself contained a humungous bag of gold.

The robbers started at this wooden shack hideout looking building at the other side of the map that had this getaway truck in the garage which was facing towards the edge of the map, and it had its back doors open facing towards where the players spawn.

The gangsters would spawn on top of the buildings, all of which were pretty tall.

The cops were HWGuys, engineers, and demomen. The robbers were hwguys, soldiers, and scouts. The gangsters were all snipers. The robbers were supposed to get into the bank and take the gold, and very slowly drag it back to the getaway truck. The gangsters would sit on top of those buildings and just snipe everybody they saw.

There were all kinds of different routes in the map. There was a subway that had a big rail with electricity that could shock you to death, and a train that would come through it now and then run over everybody that walked through it. Then all of the buildings, including the bank, had other passageways that would run through them at different heights.

That was probably the funnest map ever made for quake, I remember playing it for hours on end. That was like way back in 1996 though. I haven't been able to find it anymore though.

rflair
04-02-06, 07:48 AM
I would buy TF2 in a heartbeat, even though the original TFC was free (if you owned HL), but no more then $20.

killahsin
04-07-06, 01:46 PM
if tf2 is anything like the original concepts design documents stated it would be i would pay 39.99 for that game heh.

I can't wait for tf2.

ClosetFanBoy
04-09-06, 12:17 AM
i am pissed bout this one, really pissed. they kept tfc pretty well updated and interesting with patches, maps, model skins, etc. one of the better kept up mp games i've seen, but they just straight up fawked up with all that talk of tf2 and the teaser shat that came out, which seems like a century ago. so many of us were terribly excited, as if it was actually going to happen. now we're soaking our dentures, plucking grey hairs and taking shots of geritol. yet of course i will buy it, and toss on my coke bottle glasses, and shout with glee when it comes out. but the bottom line is, valve is thee biggest ball dropping company ive ever seen in my 37 years of gaming existence. of course i wouldnt mind being on that payroll. :D

Peoples-Agent
04-11-06, 06:58 PM
TFC Source?

Tbh, my fondest ever PC gaming moments online derived around TFC and the earliest alpha/beta of Counter Strike back on my AMD K6-300 and 56K net connection.

There was a certain magic about it, that I haven't yet been able to recapture at all.

I was a kick ass spy and engineer, and how much I still miss this game.
Tempted to reinstall it to see how many people are playing.

killahsin
04-12-06, 04:38 PM
TFC Source?

Tbh, my fondest ever PC gaming moments online derived around TFC and the earliest alpha/beta of Counter Strike back on my AMD K6-300 and 56K net connection.

There was a certain magic about it, that I haven't yet been able to recapture at all.

I was a kick ass spy and engineer, and how much I still miss this game.
Tempted to reinstall it to see how many people are playing.

Actually quite a few people are still playing. I sometimes install tfc and just goto one of those massive avanti or dustbowl servers and slaughter hundreds of people. Just to see if I still got it. Nothing beats demonstrating old school air control to a dead competition community. "Holy sh** did you just do a double conc across half the map in front of my sg? Hacker hacker!" Or the sliding rj mid slide gren prime handwrapped signed sealed delivered package to an incomming soldier on the 2 fort bridge in the back of his head rpg/gren combo.

Peoples-Agent
04-27-06, 10:00 AM
Ahhh the magic.

If only TFC by itself was available to download via Steam, I would sooooo snap that up.

AGibbon
04-28-06, 12:26 AM
TFC, with a server of decent/good players, still cannot be matched. If they would come out with a new version, they will probably change the mechanics to make it what it shouldn't be. Keep the gameplay the same, ramp the graphics a tad, and it will be a new winner all over again.