PDA

View Full Version : wtf is a wil-o-wisp?

toxikneedle
03-30-06, 10:18 PM
I need to to get glow dust to put it on the statue in the main quest but I dunno where the hell the wil-o-wisp is. I had glow dust from merchants but i dont see how u can put it on the statue or anything. Can someone help out?

nrs421
03-30-06, 10:39 PM
if you click and hold the left mouse button you will be able to put it where ever you want...you'll also need to have your hands empty and have enough space around you otherwise it tells you have no space

Mr. Hunt
03-30-06, 10:49 PM
Where is the Azura Shrine? Martin never told me and I finished that part of the quest... I want the star dang it :(.

EDIT: And I believe Willowisps are around the Azura Shrine... the little glowy things that are around it, but you have to use magic/magical items.

toxikneedle
03-30-06, 11:28 PM
if you click and hold the left mouse button you will be able to put it where ever you want...you'll also need to have your hands empty and have enough space around you otherwise it tells you have no space
Hmm I dunno if u can do the same with 360 since the only button is the A button that you can press and that just adds it to your alchemy or something.

I'll try to find the wilowisps around the shrine though and see if I can make something of that since they specifically tell u to use those. So what exactly do they look like? Is it like a bush or something?

BioHazZarD
03-30-06, 11:50 PM
Yeah they like a white ghost that flyies near azura, just kill it with a silver weapon or anything like that cause normal damage of the weaons wont do any damage to it.

Greg
03-31-06, 06:37 AM
When I started that quest by chance, I couldn't find a wil-o-wisp, but later when another quest converged on it, there was one right in front of the statue. I tried to attack it, but my attacks did nothing, however another person nearby attacked it for me and some dust dropped to the ground. I picked it up then clicked on the statue, nothing special was required.

jolle
03-31-06, 07:45 AM
Where is the Azura Shrine? Martin never told me and I finished that part of the quest... I want the star dang it :(.

I got Azura Shrine marked on my map by reading a book in the Blades fortress.. cloud something..

Been running into Will o wisps in alot of caves and stuff, and btw you need to have the glow dust IN your inventory..
I first tried to put it on the stone with the candles, but that didnt work hehe..
And as they tell you, you need to talk to the shrine at either dusk or dawn.

toxikneedle
03-31-06, 11:54 AM
So I should just walk around the mountain the Shrine is on and look for ghosts? Also buying glow dust from a merchant wont work I'm assuming right?

tieros
03-31-06, 12:03 PM
The statue detects it in your inventory and takes it away for you.

The key to killing those little buggers is that they chaincast drain health and drain magicka area spells. So you need to hit them with a ranged attack and then run away. Also don't fight near your horse, or they will just suck health from it.

toxikneedle
03-31-06, 12:09 PM
Hmm alright sounds good, so once I have the glow dust I just come by the Azura Shrine and activate it, at dawn or dusk (7 am or 5pm I assume).

Hmm it's really odd that I'm stuck on this; the rest of the main quest has been very easy to understand and get through but I got so lost when I got up to this.... but it was nice cuz i took a break from main quest and started doing other quests and exploring. Decided to come back to it yesterday and i still had no clue what to do.

zoomy942
03-31-06, 02:23 PM

EDIT: And I believe Willowisps are around the Azura Shrine... the little glowy things that are around it, but you have to use magic/magical items.

its northof burma. follow that road north and itll be on your left

Mr. Hunt
03-31-06, 02:49 PM
its northof burma. follow that road north and itll be on your left

Thanks foo.

Mr. Hunt
03-31-06, 03:53 PM
Still can't find the dang shrine... I have like a million things discovered on my map... but apparently the easiest one ever to find for everybody else, is harder than crap for me to find :\.

Brimstone7
03-31-06, 04:49 PM
It's just north-east of the "gutted mine."