PDA

View Full Version : Some new NVN2 screenies (looking good)

Pages : [1] 2

Superfly
03-31-06, 10:32 AM
I like this one, very nice textures and lighting.

http://images.3dgamers.com/screenimages/games/neverwinternights2/12429screenshot9.jpg

others are here:

http://www.3dgamers.com/screenshots/games/neverwinternights2/

|MaguS|
03-31-06, 11:03 AM
It looks good but I dislike that they aren't going to add much to the multiplayer. They are focusing mostly on the singleplayer aspect. I do hope that the game is somewhat random now... Could only play the original so many times before it became mind numbing boring.

Superfly
03-31-06, 11:17 AM
im not fussed on the MP myself, is'nt that what MMORPGS are for??

FraGTastiK
03-31-06, 11:17 AM
Looking good.Some of the outdoor scenes reminds me of guild wars with that special kind of lighting that sometimes makes you feel like you're dreaming.

They've done a good job with graphics compared to Never Winter Nights 1,unlike DS2 wich sucked in graphics department imo.

|MaguS|
03-31-06, 11:20 AM
im not fussed on the MP myself, is'nt that what MMORPGS are for??

Not always, I like playing NWNs on a lan with acouple friends. Especially since it follows the D&D rules alot closer then even D&D:Online. I mean on Hardcore settings the game is brutal (friendly fire and all).

And the DM aspect of the game is a great feature, just wish it offered more.

PS: Why does EVERYONE compare any Online RPG to MMORPGs? They are two different beasts.

Superfly
03-31-06, 11:31 AM
yeh I love the D&D rules also - best RPG system EVER.

FraGTastiK
03-31-06, 11:32 AM
edited out

arioch21
03-31-06, 02:37 PM
I cant wait to try this one, I only played the first one over lan with a friend and got spoiled, couldnt play it solo, I kinda wish Oblivion had a co-op mode ;p

Lfctony
03-31-06, 04:01 PM
Looking forward to it, though I hope they don't butcher it like KOTOR2. Of course that was not their fault but anw...

Superfly
03-31-06, 04:05 PM
Yeh its a real shame Bioware arnt doing the sequel.

ynnek
03-31-06, 09:47 PM
Looks nice.. I can't wait till it comes out.

I'm sure on the multiplayer side, there will be plenty of community releases and stuff.

slick
03-31-06, 11:29 PM
Like frag said, VERY Guild Warsesque graphics, looks nice though. Should be a good game.

superklye
03-31-06, 11:47 PM
It looks like a cross between GW and Oblivion (but more like Oblivion to me) and looks spectacular. Thanks for the link. I was beginning to wonder when we were going to get some new info on this game.

Shamrock
04-01-06, 05:54 AM
once again, no first person :(

|MaguS|
04-01-06, 06:31 AM
once again, no first person :(

Because the style of gameplay isn't ment for First Person at all.

Superfly
04-01-06, 12:24 PM
Because the style of gameplay isn't ment for First Person at all.

here here, RPG is best from a more stand-off perspective.

I would'nt buy it if they went 1st person and their community know that.

NVN2 FTW TBH!!!!!!!!

:D

jeffmd
04-01-06, 08:12 PM
Sorry but unless the world is as big as oblivion with as many quest, I don't think I'm going to go after any more dungion siege clones. We need more GOOD multi player RPGs, especialy ones that dont need monthly fees.

Super, hehe, 5 years of eq has made me like the first person perspective, though I found in cases like WoW, 3rd is much better. Wierd like that huh?

superklye
04-01-06, 08:14 PM
Uh, NVN isn't a dungeon siege clone...it's based on D&D...you know ACTUAL roleplaying...

MustangSVT
04-01-06, 08:21 PM
We need more GOOD multi player RPGs, especialy ones that dont need monthly fees.

Funny you say that, cuase other than Guild Wars, NWN1 was an extremely good online RPG and it of course didn't have a monthly fee.

Whoever's played a Nordock mod servers knows. Oh and lvl40 half-dragon clerics own. (nana2)

And what other game lets you be a drow ranger? Oh that's right none (except maybe ToEE). (nana2)

Shamrock
04-01-06, 09:16 PM
it's all a matter of opinion, I had NVN 1 and was dissappointed with it not having an option for 1st person. Looking at the back of your character's head is not my idea, or "role playing" . Role playing is meant to immerse you in the realm and put you in the place of that character, not let you see if your character has dandruff, or has a lock of hair out of place.

But, to each his own.

OldOfEvil
04-02-06, 12:22 AM
There was a camera utility that came out very early in NWN life, which could easily allow you to use a First Person view, not only that but the mod community also created things like sky textures so that people who used the First Person view could have a little more depth to things..

Superfly
04-02-06, 03:08 AM
it's all a matter of opinion, I had NVN 1 and was dissappointed with it not having an option for 1st person. Looking at the back of your character's head is not my idea, or "role playing" . Role playing is meant to immerse you in the realm and put you in the place of that character, not let you see if your character has dandruff, or has a lock of hair out of place.

But, to each his own.

Jesus WTF do PC gamers insist everything has to be first person.

thankgod the decision is not yours.

ynnek
04-02-06, 03:20 AM
the later NWN expansions/patches had the "just about 1st person perspective" put in..

some things are just better in 3rd than in 1st.

Shamrock
04-02-06, 09:19 PM
Jesus WTF do PC gamers insist everything has to be first person.

thankgod the decision is not yours.

I didnt say that, there should just be that OPTION! Thank God the decision isnt your's whether or not I buy this game. MY money, I want my money's worth....not what the developers want to put in it.

That's the beauty of a PC game, OPTIONS....you want 3rd person only, buy a frackin' XBox or PS2.

Shamrock
04-02-06, 09:22 PM
There was a camera utility that came out very early in NWN life, which could easily allow you to use a First Person view, not only that but the mod community also created things like sky textures so that people who used the First Person view could have a little more depth to things..

I tried that utility...It was buggy, and crashed alot. Also it was not supported by Bioware.

ynnek, it's all a matter of opinion....I wont thread crap further, you guys enjoy NWN 2 (nana2) :bye: