PDA

View Full Version : Is the Arena totally easy for everyone else?

sillyeagle
03-31-06, 06:50 PM
I just made it to grand champion in about an hour and a half, and only had to heal my self during two of the fights, the three prisoners and the gray prince, otherwise on all the others I won without taking hardly any damage. I thought it would be more challenging.

Maybe its becuase I'm a bladesman at level 4 with a strength of 72 already? Plus I did a 24 hour wait between each fight so I could use my adrenaline rush each time, giving me a total strength of 122 plus the 50 pt bonus on everything else.

CaptNKILL
03-31-06, 07:30 PM
Maybe its becuase I'm a bladesman at level 4 with a strength of 72 already? Plus I did a 24 hour wait between each fight so I could use my adrenaline rush each time, giving me a total strength of 122 plus the 50 pt bonus on everything else.
:lol:
Yeah that might be it :D

SH64
03-31-06, 07:48 PM
It isnt easy for me except when i use my special power! ;)

killahsin
03-31-06, 07:50 PM
haha whats best is after you become champion.

de><ta
03-31-06, 07:57 PM
True, its easy even against those three minotaur lords.

sillyeagle
03-31-06, 08:22 PM
haha whats best is after you become champion.

Do you still get gold payouts? I stopped palying last night at 5am after I became champ.

Tygerwoody
03-31-06, 08:48 PM
I just made it to grand champion in about an hour and a half, and only had to heal my self during two of the fights, the three prisoners and the gray prince, otherwise on all the others I won without taking hardly any damage. I thought it would be more challenging.

Its only easy because you are level 4. The lower level you are, the stronger you are. The higher you are, the weaker you become. Its pretty ****ing stupid, but thats how this game works.

sillyeagle
03-31-06, 09:01 PM
Its only easy because you are level 4. The lower level you are, the stronger you are. The higher you are, the weaker you become. Its pretty ****ing stupid, but thats how this game works.

Yeah seems to me I should have to go out and build my dude up, find a better swrod and all that before I can beat the arena, more like the morrowind system. But then a again half the strategy to a game is learning how the system works and then taking advantage of it. So in this case I decided to work my way through the arena while I had the advantage.

I always liked my little trick in morrowind of pionting my dude into a corner and putting a weight on the W key while I at dinner, then when I came back my athletics was all pumped up. lol

de><ta
03-31-06, 09:19 PM
Do you still get gold payouts? I stopped palying last night at 5am after I became champ.

Against 3 minotaur lords I get around 3500 gold.

superklye
03-31-06, 09:26 PM
I had a little difficulty in the first battle, but that's because I find that the combat is somewhat...retarded? I feel like I'm moving underwater when I fight. Maybe I just don't "get it" but I think the combat is terrible.

sillyeagle
03-31-06, 10:00 PM
I had a little difficulty in the first battle, but that's because I find that the combat is somewhat...retarded? I feel like I'm moving underwater when I fight. Maybe I just don't "get it" but I think the combat is terrible.

I thought the combat was kind of cool, two guys dancing around each other trying to anticipate the others attack, then junging in for the strike.

I just waited until the opponent came at me, I would block his hit, then strike him quickly 2-3 times and repeat.

If you try to hack and slash it seems really muddied and takes away the fun. I think the AI is good enough so you can actually "pretend" to have a real fight, to fight like you would in a real one on one sword fight, at least I had a good time playing that way.

sillyeagle
03-31-06, 10:02 PM
It's very easy... 2 hours, 2 level ups, nice money!
But it's fun, I liked it. I never rested between the fights.

Wow I had a few skill increases but I didn't level up the whole time. Or do you mean skill increases since you have to rest to level up?

Vapor Trail
03-31-06, 10:05 PM
Running backwards and shooting them with arrows was pretty easy too. :)

killahsin
03-31-06, 10:10 PM
um i am way stronger then i was at level 4 thats for sure. I'm still waiting for the whole when you level up you get weaker thing to happen. I send mobs flying now when i hit them with a power attack, and i do mean flying heh. And im a mage not a fighter.

Marvel_us
03-31-06, 10:13 PM
Yea the arena was pretty easy. Not to mention the Gray Prince being a pansy.:p

Tygerwoody
03-31-06, 10:45 PM
um i am way stronger then i was at level 4 thats for sure. I'm still waiting for the whole when you level up you get weaker thing to happen. I send mobs flying now when i hit them with a power attack, and i do mean flying heh. And im a mage not a fighter.
this has already been discussed as well. Mage's do have an upper hand over all other classes. I don't know why you continue to battle this topic. Its not like we are going to think you are a "better player", because I assure you that you arent any better than anyone here. Fighter got jipped, primarily thief classes. Theif classes are leveling up too fast with sneak and acrobatics crap while their skills needed for fighting have to play catch up.

The topic of theif classes being underpowered for what they are suppose to be isn't even debatable. Its a fact. A simple fix is to switch to heavy armor and to do whatever you can to not let you sneak skill or any athletics/acrobatics skill go up so that you may up your fighting skills before you level. I say simple fix, which it is but its not. Its really just a pain in the ass to think "oh no, i better stop sneaking for the rest of the dungeon or I will level" or "too bad I can't use Light armor, because for whatever stupid reason it doesnt work right even though I have 80 skill in light armor and 20 in heavy". Stupid things like that are what we have to deal with.

Anyway, I'm just tired of people saying "I dont know what you are talking about, this game is so easy". There is a reason for the game being easy. There is a reason for it to be hard. Its all based on your class you have and how you play it. With a Mage, just cast spells like you should. With a warrior just tank like you should. A battlemage hardly has to do anything, battlemages are so over powered in this game they can just look at a mob and it will die. With the theif/assassin class, your only hope of survival is to NOT play like a theif or assassin and ignore all the skills you are suppose to use. If you do this, the game shouldn't be hard at all.

Now can everyone please stop with the "I don't know whats going on. This game is easy for me. Look at me I'm a better player. Look at me". Noone cares

killahsin
03-31-06, 11:53 PM
My first char is a theif. So as much as you want to use the mage issue it has nothing to do with mages and everything to do with how you play your character. No offense. It isn't about being a better player. This is about the fact that people are blaming the game for their character being gimped in combat by their own choice. Because regardless of what your talen build is you can be insane doing dps, by just training the combat skills like any good theif would for when he gets in trouble. If you choose to not do so that is your doing not the games. the game still allows you to sneak by everything and even pick pocket boss mobs and daedra and so forth. To blame the game and say its to hard to be combat when your not training combat is pure silliness. To say that me suggesting so is to say i am a better player, is even as foolish. I am saying so because its you saying you get weaker in the game not stronger which is infact false. You get alot LOT more powerful in this game at what you train. If you specialize and forgo more skills then you train and that makes you a passive theif don't blame the game for putting in non passive mobs automatically for you. You don't even have to pick one u can pick them all.

sillyeagle
04-01-06, 12:01 AM
this has already been discussed as well. Mage's do have an upper hand over all other classes. I don't know why you continue to battle this topic. Its not like we are going to think you are a "better player", because I assure you that you arent any better than anyone here. Fighter got jipped, primarily thief classes. Theif classes are leveling up too fast with sneak and acrobatics crap while their skills needed for fighting have to play catch up.

The topic of theif classes being underpowered for what they are suppose to be isn't even debatable. Its a fact. A simple fix is to switch to heavy armor and to do whatever you can to not let you sneak skill or any athletics/acrobatics skill go up so that you may up your fighting skills before you level. I say simple fix, which it is but its not. Its really just a pain in the ass to think "oh no, i better stop sneaking for the rest of the dungeon or I will level" or "too bad I can't use Light armor, because for whatever stupid reason it doesnt work right even though I have 80 skill in light armor and 20 in heavy". Stupid things like that are what we have to deal with.

Anyway, I'm just tired of people saying "I dont know what you are talking about, this game is so easy". There is a reason for the game being easy. There is a reason for it to be hard. Its all based on your class you have and how you play it. With a Mage, just cast spells like you should. With a warrior just tank like you should. A battlemage hardly has to do anything, battlemages are so over powered in this game they can just look at a mob and it will die. With the theif/assassin class, your only hope of survival is to NOT play like a theif or assassin and ignore all the skills you are suppose to use. If you do this, the game shouldn't be hard at all.

Now can everyone please stop with the "I don't know whats going on. This game is easy for me. Look at me I'm a better player. Look at me". Noone cares

Hmmm, most games are easy. Its the nature of gameplay these days. People want to have a fun experience, a smooth progession through the game, and not have to get stuck and frustrated palying the same part over and over. Its not like ito was in the nintendo days when you had to be really good to beat a game, and where your controller saw more abuse than Glass Joe. Now you get your 10-15 hours and thats it.

Freyjan
04-01-06, 02:32 AM
I'm at something like level 30, and I still find the arena to be incredibly easy. I went from a Pit Dog to Grand Champion in 45 minutes, and only had to wait an hour every 6 or 7 fights just to regain a bit of HP, not even necessarily because I HAD to rest. Even though most of the light-weight combatants had full glass gear, and the heavier varieties had Daedric gear, I had no trouble taking hits. However, I do have a ring with 18% shield constant effect, so that may have helped some. *shrug* =)

Mr. Hunt
04-01-06, 02:39 AM
Wait... you guys DO realize there is a fountain right there that will completely restore your hp, stamina, and mp, right?

Nutty
04-01-06, 12:22 PM
Wait... you guys DO realize there is a fountain right there that will completely restore your hp, stamina, and mp, right?

Er no.. I normally sleep for a whole day, to get my Redguard Special power back before each fight. I'm only at Bloodletter level soo far.