PDA

View Full Version : Coolbits 2.0

mon
04-01-06, 11:00 AM
QUICK ONE YOU CAN USE Coolbits 2.0 WITH 2 GTX CARDS? JUST READ THIS GOT ME CONFUSED ..
http://www.pcmech.com/show/optimize/896/1/

rewt
04-01-06, 11:07 AM
Please, no need to yell.

Coolbits 2.0 is old. Coolbits 3D is more suited for newer cards and drivers. Get it from my webspace http://nvtweak.laptopvideo2go.com/coolbits/

Hilbert at Guru3d still links to my old version (2.0), which has entirely too many downloads...

Q
04-01-06, 11:49 AM
I had a version of coolbits....it was about 2kb in size and was entitled coolbits_forceware which is likely the 2.0 version.

I "upgraded" due to this post and don't notice anything differences. Is it just a compatibility upgrade, or am I missing some big improved things that it unlocked? ;)

mon
04-01-06, 11:52 AM
never heard of coolbits 3d

mon
04-01-06, 11:54 AM
Please, no need to yell.

Coolbits 2.0 is old. Coolbits 3D is more suited for newer cards and drivers. Get it from my webspace http://nvtweak.laptopvideo2go.com/coolbits/

Hilbert at Guru3d still links to my old version (2.0), which has entirely too many downloads...

wot is diferance to the 3d coolbits and the sli one?

rewt
04-01-06, 12:25 PM
coolbits was the original version and it unlocks overclocking and additional Direct3d options only.

coolbits_sli file unlocks overclocking and sli profiles only. It was provided by nvidia (nzone) for use with SLi.

coolbits3d was put together by myself, with help from mobilenvidia at laptopvideo2go.com and others here in the nvnews forums. It unlocks all of the options above, as well as all the other cool stuff we know of thus far.

I also put together coolbits 2, but don't recommend it simply because it is older and doesn't unlock the most stuff. It does still work though, to a degree.

EDIT : Today I've updated Coolbits 3D to include the Purevideo tweak (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=835766&postcount=10). If you use the Purevideo decoder, this tweak will unlock some extra tabs (in the decoder) for you to tinker around with.

mon
04-01-06, 12:57 PM
tryed the 3d one but i can not see any extra in the drivers? wot extra will be showing than the coolbits 2.0

coolbits was the original version and it unlocks overclocking and additional Direct3d options only.

coolbits_sli file unlocks overclocking and sli profiles only. It was provided by nvidia (nzone) for use with SLi.

coolbits3d was put together by myself, with help from mobilenvidia at laptopvideo2go.com and others here in the nvnews forums. It unlocks all of the options above, as well as all the other cool stuff we know of thus far.

I also put together coolbits 2, but don't recommend it simply because it is older and doesn't unlock the most stuff. It does still work though, to a degree.

EDIT : I've updated Coolbits 3D to include the Purevideo tweak. If you use the Purevideo decoder, this tweak will unlock some extra tabs for you to tinker around with.

OWA
04-01-06, 01:34 PM

EDIT : Today I've updated Coolbits 3D to include the Purevideo tweak (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=835766&postcount=10). If you use the Purevideo decoder, this tweak will unlock some extra tabs (in the decoder) for you to tinker around with.
Heh, I see that the direct access panel is still available. :) I was using a really old version of coolbits but with the new version, I get access to that again.

mon
04-01-06, 01:38 PM
Heh, I see that the direct access panel is still available. :) I was using a really old version of coolbits but with the new version, I get access to that again.

were is that ??? i have the drivers up can not see it also you still have to put 1a in reg with coolbits 3d the sli ones does it for you

OWA
04-01-06, 02:00 PM
It's at the bottom of my control panel. It use to be enabled by default but then they removed it.

I already had a version called coolbits+ installed but then just ran the coolbits3D that I assume overwrote the coolbits+ with its own settings.

rewt
04-01-06, 02:13 PM
mon, not everyone will get that option. It depends on your hardware.

mon
04-01-06, 03:52 PM
yea i do not have it .. also i am sli at 16x must not show that then and it is not a dell system but they are the dell gtx 256 cards with heat pipe but i use the referance drivers

rewt
04-01-06, 04:12 PM
You need 32x motherboard to do 16x SLi. Otherwise it says 8x when in SLi mode (because bandwidth gets split between the two cards).

mon
04-01-06, 04:37 PM
You need 32x motherboard to do 16x SLi. Otherwise it says 8x when in SLi mode (because bandwidth gets split between the two cards).

yea got the a8n32 .. thought that abit fatality did that .. oh well .. i put it in coolbits 3d wot differance will i see .. also is it worth updateing bios on card .
i am 5.70.02.11.15 at moment

banhtec
04-02-06, 02:58 PM
I'm new here so forgiveness if I sound like a noob, cause I am......lol

I am having difficulties in installing coobits2. I see that there is a better version now call coolbits3d.

So I downloaded it. I open it and it has this in it.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; ================================================
; Coolbits 3D SLi, with Purevideo
; Created by rewt @ nV News
; >> http://nvtweak.laptopvideo2go.com
; ================================================

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak]
"NvCplExposeWin2kDualView"=dword:1
"NvCplTvLocaleAutoDetect"=dword:1
"NvCplAllowForceTVDetection"=dword:1
"NvCplEnableActiveApp"=dword:1
"DisableApplyColorsAtStartup"=dword:0
"NoMenus"=dword:0
"OverlayPageState"=dword:0
"CinematicPageState"=dword:000000ff
"NvCplThermalSettings"=dword:00000020
"Coolbits"=dword:ffffffff
"NvCplDisableRefreshRatePage"=dword:0
"NvCplEnableTroubleshootingPage"=dword:1
"NvCplEnableFanControl"=dword:3
"NvCplEnableActiveClocking"=dword:1
"KeystoneEnable"=dword:1
"NvCplEnableAppProfilePage"=dword:1
"NvCplEnableOGLAccel"=dword:1
"NvCplOverscanShift"=dword:1
"PowerUser"=dword:1
"TwinViewCapsOverride"=dword:1
"NvCplEnableAGPSettingsPage"=dword:1
"NVCplShowEnableVMR"=dword:1
"NvCplEnableAdditionalInfoPage"=dword:1
"NvCplEnableHardwarePage"=dword:1
"NvCplEnableDesktopOverlapPage"=dword:1
"NvCplEnablenForcePage"=dword:1
"NvCplHotPlugAware"=dword:1
"NvCplForceShowTvVideoOutputFormats"=dword:1
"NvCplAllowForceDVIAsHDTV"=dword:1
"NvCplEnableOglStereoPage"=dword:1
"NvCplEnableMultiGPUConfigurationPage"=dword:1
"NvCplEnableScreenMenuPage"=dword:1
"NvCplIgnoreOSRotationLimitation"=dword:1
"NvCplDualviewMoveDesktopIcons"=dword:1
"AllowNT5DeviceSwap"=dword:1
"AppProfileAdvanced"=dword:1
"DisableCPUInfo"=dword:0
"NoPages"=dword:0
"NT5RestrictSelectedTVFormat"=dword:0
"NvCplAllowAllModesForPanning"=dword:1
"NvCplAllowSBIOSDevicePairUpdate"=dword:1
"NvCplAllowMSRotation"=dword:1
"NvCplCustomResConfig"=dword:0
"NvCplDisableDriverSavedModes"=dword:0
"NvCplDisableFrameSyncPage"=dword:0
"NvCplDisableOglStereoPage"=dword:0
"NvCplDisablePerfQualPage"=dword:0
"NvCplDisablePrimarySelection"=dword:0
"NvCplDisableRotateAngles"=dword:0
"NvCplDisableSmartDimmerPage"=dword:0
"NvCplDisableSpanControls"=dword:0
"NvCplDisableTvVideoOutputFormats"=dword:0
"NvCplDontShowAAPerfChk"=dword:0
"NvCplDontShowAnisoPerfChk"=dword:0
"NvCplDualViewAllowNonDFPAsPrimary"=dword:1
"NvCplEnableActiveAppProfilePage"=dword:1
"NvCplEnableAdvancedTimingPage"=dword:1
"NvCplEnableClearViewPage"=dword:1
"NvCplEnableMonitorNativeRotate"=dword:1
"NvCplEnableMultiChipConfigurationPage"=dword:1
"NvCplEnableMultiTVWarning"=dword:1
"NvCplEnableOverlaySpanControl"=dword:0
"NvCplEnablePwrMzrOnDesktopMenu"=dword:1
"NvCplEnableRotationColorSettings"=dword:1
"NvCplEnableSysPerfPage"=dword:1
"NvCplEnableTemperatureSettings"=dword:1
"NvCplForceDFPToEvaluateAsLVDS"=dword:1
"NvCplForceMonitorReEnum"=dword:1
"NvCplNvThermPage"=dword:1
"NvCplReduceOrphanedDualViewDisplays"=dword:1
"NvCplResolutionMenu"=dword:0
"PowermizerPreferences"=dword:0
"PromptDetectDisplays"=dword:1
"QTwkEnableModeChangeWarning"=dword:1
"ShowCustomModes"=dword:1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak\Defaults]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak\Defaults\OpenGL]
"DefaultSwapInterval"=dword:1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D]
"ShowAllViewerTypes"=dword:1
"StereoDefaultOn"=dword:1
"StereoEnable"=dword:1
"StereoViewer"=dword:1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\OpenGL\Debug]
"ShaderObjects"=dword:1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nvidia Corporation\Filters\Audio]
"EnablePropPage"=dword:1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nvidia Corporation\Filters\Video]
"EnablePropPage"=dword:1

Now I am suppose to re-save it as a ".reg" file correct? I open it, go to save as, type in coolbits3d.reg, all files, unicode, save.

But it's still a .txt file??????? What am I doing wrong?

banhtec
04-02-06, 03:01 PM
I am trying to overclock my evga 7800GS superclock (460/1350) by the way.

Currently I have a 3DMark05 score of 6664, is this correct for my card? I am overclocking b/c I still can't play BF2 on all high settings.

My specs: fx53, 3 gigs of corsair xms, 500ps, and 7800GS.

shabby
04-02-06, 07:57 PM
Just rename it in dos

rewt
04-03-06, 10:14 AM
Now I am suppose to re-save it as a ".reg" file correct? I open it, go to save as, type in coolbits3d.reg, all files, unicode, save.

Just right-click on coolbits3d.reg file on my site and go "Save target as.." Leave the filename the way it is, click ok. After you have saved it somewhere, double-click it to enter the info into the registry (or right-click it and go Merge).

The other method would still work, but you must have saved as type "All Files", or "Registration Entries". If you leave it as type "Text File" then it gets the .txt extension and then it won't work. It must remain .reg extension.

SLippe
04-03-06, 11:48 AM
I'm new here so forgiveness if I sound like a noob, cause I am......lol

I am having difficulties in installing coobits2. I see that there is a better version now call coolbits3d.

So I downloaded it. I open it and it has this in it.

EDIT: Oops! What rewt said. I posted the same thing. LOL Also, I recommend NVTweak.

mon
04-03-06, 12:01 PM
does the coolbits 3d upset the detect optimal freqencies? it seems i can not go higher than before?

rewt
04-03-06, 02:20 PM
No. Coolbits merely unlocks the ability to overclock your card through the control panel. It doesn't manipulate the numbers one way or the other. Thats left up to you, the driver, and your hardware's overclocking potential.

mon
04-03-06, 03:21 PM
ok thanks mate..

when i had one i1 went to 490 1300mem now with the same cards as sli (7800gtx 256 heat pipe as the 512 version) it will not detect that high now???

any ideas?