PDA

View Full Version : Seriously... Dread Zombies...?

Subtestube
04-03-06, 03:53 PM
Oh-Kay... so some precursors to this question - my character is a level 14 Dark Elf who's roughly evenly divided between combat and magic. I've not had serious problems with any other enemy types in one on one battles (some things can hurt me a lot, but I'm always able to heal myself up enough to beat them with 2 or 3 tries when they're really nasty). I can quite easily slaughter most enemy types... but then I came up against a Dread Zombie. I cannot kill this thing. At all. In hand to hand I just get killed (and diseased, usually). It does massive damage, and never seems to be getting weaker. On trying to do the run backwards/fire all arrows/pelt with viscious magics tactic that works on everything else, it just wouldn't die! I emptied over 20 arrows into it, and a large number of lightning spells.

My question is this - how much punishment can these things take? At what level were you guys able to kill 'em, and using what tactics?

Sidric
04-03-06, 04:02 PM
hahaha all I can say is have fun with those . . . I've emptied literally hundreds of arrows into one zombie(skill increased twice), and they still have a little health left. just make sure you have everything repaired, bring lots of scrolls and potions and kite, kite, kite. thats all I could do really heh.

tieros
04-03-06, 04:21 PM
They are highly sensitive to flame attacks.

rflair
04-03-06, 04:34 PM
Or a mace of some type, silver works good. Bladed weapons stink against them, but a mace works very well, blunt force drama :) .

Mr. Hunt
04-03-06, 06:06 PM
I didn't really run into this type until I became an expert marksman... and them being knocked down about 75% of the fight helps a lot lol :\.

LORD-eX-Bu
04-03-06, 06:39 PM
umm... never had any problem with em. Kinda wierd. I am a knight, just reached level 20 today. I just beat them down with my ebony longsword or my enchanted glass claymore. Heck, even with a mace I'd take em down like any other zombie. I just killed another when I went to get Tiber Septim's cuirass.

Sidric
04-03-06, 07:19 PM
I had a run in with a few of them on the way to finishing the ultimate heist for the thieves guild, and mind you I was only journeyman in marksman at level 15 but it took literally 150 arrows before the damn things went down. had to level up my armoring some since my bow kept breaking so often. every other mob I can usually take down just fine, but even after a sneak attack bonus those damn things are a pain. no difference to me now however, my elven bow and expert marksman takes them down very quickly.

de><ta
04-03-06, 09:14 PM
Undead creatures are affected a lot by fire. The trick is to do more damage to it before it can recuperate its health. So your best bet going with a shortsword or a kinfe (you can swing those fast) and see if you can enchant it with a weak fire damage spell.

You can also use dispel to make them stop healing themselves temporarily.

nV`andrew
04-03-06, 09:36 PM
Undead creatures are affected a lot by fire. The trick is to do more damage to it before it can recuperate its health. So your best bet going with a shortsword or a kinfe (you can swing those fast) and see if you can enchant it with a weak fire damage spell.

You can also use dispel to make them stop healing themselves temporarily.

quick Q... how do u play oblivion on a pentium 2 1.7ghz when the min specs are pentium 4 2.0ghz :|

GuOD
04-03-06, 11:15 PM
quick Q... how do u play oblivion on a pentium 2 1.7ghz when the min specs are pentium 4 2.0ghz :|

Pentium M 2.17ghz?

Pepsiboy
04-03-06, 11:58 PM
Turn undead enchantments or spells wont help? Havent run into one yet...my character is only lvl 4(i like to take things slow)

gray fox
04-04-06, 05:43 AM
Try getting stronger :D i think its about level 18 when i first killed one without too much difficuilty I just use a glass weapon " prefferably and enchanted glass claymore " good luck

Tygerwoody
04-04-06, 08:25 AM
lmao. Its a Pentium M chip. That pentium M chip at 1.7 is faster than a regular P4 at close to double the the GHZ. ;)

xbob
04-04-06, 09:00 AM
Yea, this seems like an obvious choice for turn undead, I've used it quite a bit on lower level zombies/skeletons with good success.

zoomy942
04-04-06, 10:04 AM
lmao. Its a Pentium M chip. That pentium M chip at 1.7 is faster than a regular P4 at close to double the the GHZ. ;)

yup. i love my pentium M 1.6

Coz
04-04-06, 12:31 PM
I ran into the same problems with Dread Zombies when I was at a lower level - they were simply invincible. When you see some of their constant effect magic abilities you understand why.....

Resist Disease 100
Resist Frost 30
Resist Magic 30
Resist Poison 100
Weakness to Fire 60 (woohoo!)
Restore Health 5

It's the last one that gives you the most grief - you've got to dish out a *lot* of sustained punishment to kill them. Problem is, fatigue sets in and you can't maintain the level of damage you're inflicting. Try to avoid fighting 'em until you're stronger!! ;)

xbob
04-04-06, 01:17 PM
I ran into the same problems with Dread Zombies when I was at a lower level - they were simply invincible. When you see some of their constant effect magic abilities you understand why.....

Resist Disease 100
Resist Frost 30
Resist Magic 30
Resist Poison 100
Weakness to Fire 60 (woohoo!)
Restore Health 5

It's the last one that gives you the most grief - you've got to dish out a *lot* of sustained punishment to kill them. Problem is, fatigue sets in and you can't maintain the level of damage you're inflicting. Try to avoid fighting 'em until you're stronger!! ;)

I haven't come across one of these yet, but I am thinking...

-Conjure Skeleton, that will keep their focus off you for a few seconds
-Your best fire based attack as fast and often as you can manage
-Conjure another Skeleton since your first one is likely dispelled by now
-Blunt weapon attack, keep the Daedric Mace handy
-More fire
-If they still aren't down, Turn Undead

Let you know when I finally come across one...

de><ta
04-04-06, 02:40 PM

Its a second generation Pentium M, aka Dothan @ 1.7GHz. I have to play the game at 640x480 medium quality everything, no AA and bloom.

zoomy942
04-04-06, 03:10 PM
Its a second generation Pentium M, aka Dothan @ 1.7GHz. I have to play the game at 640x480 medium quality everything, no AA and bloom.

those pentium m's are little troopers..

Daed1143
01-18-09, 07:10 AM
I have to face 2 dread zombies and im getting my butt kicked:(. arrows suck against them,i never use magic,AND I KEEP GETTING KILLED:headexplode:

can someone plz help?(nana2)

de><ta
01-19-09, 08:59 AM
Depends what level your character is on?

Make sure you at least have one fire based spell, use a claymore swipe and backtrack before it attacks. If you go toe to toe against them you usually die. :)

Smokie24
03-25-09, 09:39 AM
These are lvl 17+ i believe...but I heard that the monsters will level with your charater, so most creatures should be around the same lvl as you are. Low-lvls cannot dish out the constant damage. I was around a lvl10 breton Mage conjurerer, and couldnt get it below 25% before my blade needed repair. I tried with summon scamp, with arrows of freezing, drwarvin bow, 15 fire damage on target spell, weakness to magic 25% spell and switched to a glass longsword. Still couldnt do the consistant damage to keep it beyond its regen.

I even tried to get up high using paint brushes, out of range and used 200 arrows and god knows how many fire balls, and used Summon Flame Atronach scrolls probably wasted in the range of 30 scrolls..still couldnt kill it.

Heres what may help:
- Blunt fire damage weapons
- Fire damage
- Weakness to magic like 100% =D
- Weakness to fire magic 100% =D (if you can create these, dunno)
- 100% chameleon and sneak attack the hell out of it
- Drain health spells
- Use reflect damage highest % you can cast
- use fatigue potions to keep high damage
- any fire damage summons

oh yeah and what may also help is using those 'damage xx health over xx seconds' potions. This will help with debuffing that regen health they got.

But all in all low lvl chars are best to sneak by and just avoid em..they not worth the fight. Every higher lvl char says they got no prob in killing em. If you have to kill it...just go lvl up and come back.

LordJuanlo
03-25-09, 10:11 AM
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachments/electric-road/405988d1231872828-new-protoform-r9-f-body-holy_thread_resurrection_batman.jpg