PDA

View Full Version : Best game ever ? . :D

Nv40
04-03-06, 08:40 PM
I remember how much controversy there was about the graphics in many forums all over the internet. (it was not only in Nvnews) :) about OBlivion graphics been downgraded a LOT beyond reason.to make the game playable all the way to Voodoos 3000. :D

And to my surprise the game looks just as good as the ealier screenshots ,with the only diference characters shadows. HDR is awesome in the game , never tough there will be a game were i will actually enjoy it. and it will look a lot better if i had SLI. It looks that the problem was more from the marketing side ,they just didnt knew how to showcase the graphics propertly .ie.. using Low resolutions or no AF and heavy compression. releasin screenshots in places with low illumination . And the gameplay is simply awesome. im just at the beginin of the game and cant wait for an expansion pack.. is this the best game ever? well not sure , need to play more , but i suspect that if is not the best ,its very close. So far until now im very happy and more than impressed with this game . Perhaps it is true the saying .. that is better to not hype any game and expect the worse ,that way if the game is good you will be very impresed. :D

Is a lot more fun than others "best game evers " that are popular . perhaps Unrealt2k7 and Crysis will be fighting head to head with Oblivion for game of the year title. :)

agentkay
04-03-06, 08:43 PM
Not the best game ever, but definitly a nominee for GOTY.

a12ctic
04-03-06, 09:05 PM
I wouldnt say best, but deffinatly a great game...

CaptNKILL
04-03-06, 09:37 PM
Hmm... I still have to put a couple hundred more hours in to call it best game I've ever played, but its already in the top 10 and I've barely touched on the main quest.

With the little fixes from the mods its getting better and better... if this doesnt win a bunch of GOTY awards, I will be very surprised.

Mr. Hunt
04-03-06, 10:04 PM

That.

Banko
04-03-06, 10:07 PM
Out of curiosity since when has it been up to the mod community to fix a broken game? I just don't understand what reason there is for this game to be in the top 10. Other then the graphics making the world look awesome there is nothing really there to make me care or connect to it.

Not to troll or anything I just want to know why you think it should be in the top 10?

nV`andrew
04-03-06, 10:23 PM
maybe he likes the game better than you, i think, maybe? nooo, that cant be it

gray fox
04-04-06, 06:48 AM
Because of its Billions of adoring fans :D.

msxyz
04-04-06, 07:10 AM
It' s a good adventure/hack'n'slash game, but as RPG it sucks.

My faith lies in Gothic 3. If it's anything like the first two games, it will easily blow Oblivion out of the water.

SH64
04-04-06, 09:01 AM
Yep!

Riptide
04-04-06, 09:34 AM
I have a question for you guys. I'm not really all that interested in this game, never played Morrowind either. The only real open ended games I've played were the X series.

When do you quit? At what point is the game over for you? What made you decide to stop playing Morrowind?

agentkay
04-04-06, 10:47 AM
When do you quit? At what point is the game over for you? What made you decide to stop playing Morrowind?

IŽll quit after I emptied all dungeons, finished all quests, and have reached master level in all skills and obviously, finished the main quest. However, by that time there should be plenty of high-quality mods and new quests out, that I might try out as well.

I already spend more hours with Oblivion than I did with Morrowind. lol I just did the main quest in MW though.

Superfly
04-04-06, 11:01 AM
I have a question for you guys. I'm not really all that interested in this game, never played Morrowind either. The only real open ended games I've played were the X series.

this is open ended in a different way to the X series, hard to explain in words but its not the same endless world that X games live in.

SH64
04-04-06, 11:51 AM

I only quit when i think i've done enough quests/advancements in the game &/or when the graphics become outdated &/or a next big game appears to take its place.
just FYI i didnt quit Morrowind (after playing it for like 3 months+) except when i lost all my saved games by mistake. i even started all over just for fun & used some cheats/plugins to level up quickly but that was it.

Slybri
04-04-06, 07:19 PM
Good enough to get me to quit playing World of Warcraft and build a whole new computer just to run the thing. So that's pretty damn good.
If they ever fix all the bugs and maybe do something to help performance outdoors and fix all the pop-in stuff, and maybe get an expansion out by Christmas, then yeah...game of the year.

Pepsiboy
04-04-06, 08:51 PM
It' s a good adventure/hack'n'slash game, but as RPG it sucks.

Please tell me you meant to say something else. If you even try to hack'n'slah on normal or higher difficulty you will get absolutely murdered.

This game EASILY scores my top 5. I think i know why it doesnt for other people.

1. Most people just simply cannot do things on their own. If they get plopped down into a world with this much freedom...they just cannot proceed. I usually dont like games unless i have a sizable element of freedom involved.

2. People get bored running around and chopping things. They must have a bazooka in their hands or they will perish. I hate bazookas.

3. There are also alot of people who just dislike RPG's in general...especially because of the leveling up aspect of the game. They like to pick up a character who is already the best at everything because it is boring and tedious to have to get better at things.

4. Although realism is slowly becoming an essential element to all modern games...it simply hasnt completely caught on yet.

gray fox
04-05-06, 09:30 AM
Maybe some people are just dumb and its to complex for their feeble little minds. * looks away * Ive figured out the alchemy system * cough * cough * no lies.