PDA

View Full Version : 1st Downloadable Content for Oblivion on 360 Marketplace

Pages : [1] 2

GamerGuyX
04-03-06, 11:11 PM
If you haven't realized it yet 360 owners, the Oblivion horse armor pack is now downloadable for 200 Microsoft points.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/1337_GamerGuyX/Oblivion_update.png

Pepsiboy
04-03-06, 11:44 PM
Ahem..."Microsoft Points?"

How do you get those? Start an evil corporation that has limitless cash but yet cares not a bit for their customers and will do anything to get more money?

I hate Microsoft so much that i dont even think i would want to even have those points.

And a PC mod better come soon :P

evilchris
04-03-06, 11:56 PM

How do you get those? Start an evil corporation that has limitless cash but yet cares not a bit for their customers and will do anything to get more money?

I hate Microsoft so much that i dont even think i would want to even have those points.

Yeah, what's up with a for profit business trying to make money?! The nerve!

GamerGuyX
04-04-06, 12:10 AM

Your a moron.

200 Microsoft points is roughly equivalent to only $2.50

evilchris
04-04-06, 12:13 AM
Your a moron.

That's a fortune to your typical Microsoft hater who thinks everything should be free.

Edge
04-04-06, 01:09 AM
Wonder if this will be availible for the PC version soon. It looks cool, but 1/20the cost of the game to gives horses armor seems a little excessive.

gray fox
04-04-06, 05:44 AM
looks pretty cool. shame they make us pay more were already paying for live. basards :D

msxyz
04-04-06, 06:08 AM
If you don't like paying for mods, don't buy them. If not enough people won't buy them, they'll drop the idea. Otherwise you'll see more and more content stripped away from games to be sold separately.

And don't forget give more supports to those companies who, sometimes, put the businness aside to help the comunity rather seeing them only as cash-cows.

Custom armors are probably one of the reasons why Bethesda is not releaseing a NIF exporter/importer this time, I don't believe for a single second the "license" issue.

Toss3
04-04-06, 06:18 AM
That's a fortune to your typical Microsoft hater who thinks everything should be free.
You could pay it for me, if you don't think 2,50$ is a problem! :) And btw. I would get this pack FOR FREE if I were to play oblivion on my comp.

msxyz
04-04-06, 06:34 AM
Microtransactions sucks. Their just a clever scam to make people pay more for less.

At first 2.50$ don't seem a lot, but if you stop and consider what you're purchasing it's hardly a deal. This idea is not new and it has been widely applied in other markets as well. Some products are stripped of certain features (sometimes even crippled) and then said feature is sold for a disproportionate price.

2.50$ are 5% of the cost of the game for what ? A mesh that might have taken less than an hour of work to be realized ?

Obviously, it's better for Bethesda to sell an armor today, a weapon tomorrow than packing all of them and some more into a 30$ expansion. But consumers get shafted.

The more people buy just because "it's only 2.5$" the more companies will feel legitimated to "raise the bar" and offer less for the same and more for an additional price

Toss3
04-04-06, 06:53 AM
Microtransactions sucks. Their just a clever scam to make people pay more for less.

At first 2.50$ don't seem a lot, but if you stop and consider what you're purchasing it's hardly a deal. This idea is not new and it has been widely applied in other markets as well. Some products are stripped of certain features (sometimes even crippled) and then said feature is sold for a disproportionate price.

2.50$ are 5% of the cost of the game for what ? A mesh that might have taken less than an hour of work to be realized ?

Obviously, it's better for Bethesda to sell an armor today, a weapon tomorrow than packing all of them and some more into a 30$ expansion. But consumer get shafted.

The more people buy just because "it's only 2.5$" the more companies wil feel legitimated to "raise the bar" and offer less for the same and more for an additional price

QFT! That's so true! Now that we've got € here in Europe everyone has stopped to even take a moment and ask themselves how much they're really paying for something(we are used to paying like 100 for something we can get now for like 20€(that's 20more than before!))! This is a perfect example; it's only an armor upgrade for the horses, yet it's priced at 5% of the whole game. Sucks that's what it does...

Mr. Hunt
04-04-06, 06:58 AM
I like how it serves no purpose since you can't even fight on them, and if you pass by something, the extra defense can't help, because you run too fast :\.

msxyz
04-04-06, 07:05 AM
I forgot to mention that Bethesda should be *ASHAMED* of offering additional content before a legitimate and much needed patch which fixes the many frustrating bugs of this game.

Horse armor might have been already ready (it was developed prior to the delivery of the game, after all) but patches should have the highest priority. It's a shame that a PC game retails with many bugs, some of which might even ruin the quests, but it's much less excusable that even the console version had some nasty bugs which should have been catched during the QA phase. After 8-10 hrs of gameplay on the console I've to do the "clear the cache" process because the game starts stuttering and loading times become 5x longer.

Mr. Hunt
04-04-06, 07:07 AM
I forgot to mention that Bethesda should be *ASHAMED* of offering additional content before a legitimate and much needed patch which fixes the many frustrating bugs of this game.

Horse armor might have been already ready (it was developed prior to the delivery of the game, after all) but patches should have the highest priority. It's a shame that a PC game retails with many bugs, some of which might even ruin the quests, but it's much less excusable that even the console version had some nasty bugs which should have been catched during the QA phase. After 8-10 hrs of gameplay on the console I've to do the "clear the cache" process because the game starts stuttering and loading times become 5x longer.

Oh come ON! It isn't that *Oblivion.exe has encountered an error*

CaptNKILL
04-04-06, 05:04 PM

Yeah because 3d modelers and graphic artists are responsible for patching game code ;)

They have jobs, they get payed to work all the time. The point isnt to have everyone sit and do nothing while 4 programmers work on bug fixes, its to keep everyone active and keep the content coming. When they have a patch ready, itl be out.

BTW, this plugin has probably been done for a while now. A few months ago they told us the first official plugin we'd be able to buy would be the horse armor one. It might have even been done already while they polished up the game code.

rflair
04-04-06, 07:00 PM
$2.50 for that, not worth even $0.10.

Bethseda should realize simple content like that isn't worth $$$.

I'm just waiting for the custum xbox360 oblivion patcher created by some hacker to kick Bethseda in the balls (and rightfully).

Great game and overall a great company but little things like this are bothersome.

Acid Rain
04-04-06, 07:12 PM

And a PC mod better come soon :PHmmm...

Pepsiboy
04-04-06, 08:11 PM
Yeah, what's up with a for profit business trying to make money?! The nerve!

Business? Umm...uber greedy powerful ultra rich empire is more the word to use.

Your a moron.

Im happy to be a moron then.

Umm...the entire game with ALL the content was a reasonable price.

TWO freaking pieces of crap horse armor is NOT worth 2.50 in ANY universe. More like 25 cents IF that. But its true. Freaking plugins which have been free for as long as plugins have existed should REMAIN free. So maybe i work for my money. And i dont like to blow 2.50 on horse armor. Is that wrong? If it is...im sorry. Maybe i'll go to hell for it? So. Go ahead. Pay 2.50 for your useless horse armor. It wont make me sad.

*Sorry to everyone else about my angry post, I am just absolutely sick of people telling me that im a moron for not spending my money on Microsoft stuff(or any unreasonably priced stuff for that matter). So a word of advice to any other rich spoiled brat who thinks they know how to manage their funds better than I do. Shut up before you make yourself look like an idiot.*

agentkay
04-04-06, 08:26 PM
^^^^ Well said, I wouldn´t even pay .25ct for that. At least nobody is forcing you to buy these things. :)

GamerGuyX
04-04-06, 09:43 PM
*Sorry to everyone else about my angry post, I am just absolutely sick of people telling me that im a moron for not spending my money on Microsoft stuff

I for one never called you a moron for not spending money on Microsoft stuff. It's your money, spend it on what you want. I am on the other hand calling you a moron for your heavily biased anti-Microsoft comments. You make it seem like that $2.50 is going directly to Satan's paypal account. Unfortunately for you, that is not the case.

At least nobody forcing you to buy these things. :)

Exactly. This is why nobody has the reason to bitch about a measly $2.50.

For some reason people are adding an imaginary zero at the end to that figure.

evilchris
04-04-06, 09:50 PM
Simple: Don't buy it. Also, STFU.

OMFGZZ MAI)COITROSFOT IS EBIl!!!@ THEY M<ALKE MONEY SO ARE GRTEREDY!!!

Acid Rain
04-04-06, 11:12 PM
Business? Umm...uber greedy powerful ultra rich empire is more the word to use.*snip* Wow. Remind me to hate you if you ever become successfull. Good reason to hate something. :rolleyes:

killahsin
04-05-06, 12:00 AM
while i agree that 2.50 is a bit meh. I am going to buy it to support beth. The whole mesh in an hours work thing you said is rather hilarious. When your ready to do those 2 meshes in an hour let me know i'll time you. But remember you must include all shader materials for it this includes difuse/normal/+/spec. I also want to see the wireframes. I'm sick of people always throwing rediculous timescale numbers out in the air. It's a few days work not an hour.

So will you be the first poster on various forums to actually stand behind what you say? I'll even take you up on it and bet i can make the mesh BEFORE you. Yawn

sorry mods =/ just getting tired of the 5minute to one hour posts. People really love to trash peoples work and that mentally burns you out as a developer.

CaptNKILL
04-05-06, 12:21 AM
while i agree that 2.50 is a bit meh. I am going to buy it to support beth. The whole mesh in an hours work thing you said is rather hilarious. When your ready to do those 2 meshes in an hour let me know i'll time you. But remember you must include all shader materials for it this includes difuse/normal/+/spec. I also want to see the wireframes. I'm sick of people always throwing rediculous timescale numbers out in the air. It's a few days work not an hour.

Dont forget they have to make it work as armor and they have to make it work on the horses without getting glitchy. And it has to animate properly.

:D

I'll probably buy this... $2.50 seems a bit much for so little (I was expecting at least 5 types of horse armor) but what the hell. They didnt screw us with copy protection, the game is great and I doubt we would see any user made mods like this for a while without having the original installed. $2.50 isnt exactly a great deal, but its still only $2.50. Everyone complains about people wanting to rid them of their hard earned money, but in the end this costs about as much as a small fry and a drink at macdonalds. IMO this is a lot more interesting... and it wont turn to poo :p

Zelda_fan
04-05-06, 12:47 AM
I can't believe you guys are complaining about two freaking dollars. You GLADLY spend a grand upgrading your machine to play Oblivion, but GOD FORBID they slap an extra 2.50 on for horse armour. LOL you guys are poor as ****. LOL it's funny to even listen to you bitch about this stuff. Even when I was a broke college student with zero money I could afford 2.50.