PDA

View Full Version : 7900 GTX SLI Koolance Water Cooling VID-200-L06 Temperature Review

Digital_Trans
04-04-06, 01:33 AM
I was in game mode playing EverQuest II around 40 minutes when I decided to log off and check my temps on both of the cards since their in SLI mode...so here's what I found out. GPU-1 Temp 65c GPU-2 Temp 67c Would any of you guys consider these temperatures to be high for even an SLI Koolance water cooling setup with the Koolance VID-200-L06? One thing I have overclocked is my CPU plus I own an Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard that allow me to set the Peg Mode to Faster which is the max setting for performance for SLI mode.

Please review attachments! Note: these temps are from when games are running, not
idle temps! heheeheheh! ;)

PSYCHODAD
04-04-06, 03:14 AM
I would try running rthdribl for 50-60 minutes to get a more accurate reading on your max temps.
The max temp I get is around 73-74C on air. That's with a 7800gtx(512).

flurry
04-04-06, 06:15 PM
I use a Danger Den solution to cool my GTX 7900's and they idle: GPU1 33 GPU2 31. While gaming at 2500x1600 the temps are: GPU1 45 GPU2 43. I think the Danger Den blocks are a little more robust, but your temps do seem a little on the high side. With a GPU2 temp higher than the GPU1 temp I am lead to believe that you have extra components besides your CPU/GPU"s in the cooling loop?

Digital_Trans
04-05-06, 12:05 AM
Well, I'll be doing testing on the GTX 7900's this week. One thing I noticed was that when I turned my fans up on my Koolance case, I can got lower GPU temps. both cards dropped around 43c in game mode and in idle. will get back to you all when I know more. Note: You also have to keep in mind that I'm also water cooling my two hard drives and cpu in conjunction with two GTX 7900's in SLI mode.

flurry
04-05-06, 12:24 AM
Well, I'll be doing testing on the GTX 7900's this week. One thing I noticed was that when I turned my fans up on my Koolance case, I can got lower GPU temps. both cards dropped around 43c in game mode and in idle. will get back to you all when I know more. Note: You also have to keep in mind that I'm also water cooling my two hard drives and cpu in conjunction with two GTX 7900's in SLI mode.

Did you even read my post? BTW I have a system utilizing a Koolance case and turning up the fans on mine drop the temps 5 degrees at best :(

Digital_Trans
04-05-06, 01:28 AM
Did you even read my post? BTW I have a system utilizing a Koolance case and turning up the fans on mine drop the temps 5 degrees at best :(

Thanks! sounds like it helps. I was thinking if only I water cooled the CPU and GTX 7900's it would lower the temps alot more. I might try it later on. Do any of you guys water cool your hard drivers?

nV`andrew
04-05-06, 02:17 AM
if i went to water cooling, i would have no need to water cool my drives, they run in the low 20's idle and 29 full load. but anyways those temps seem extremely high for being watercooled. and im sure everything is in contact right. strange

Digital_Trans
04-05-06, 03:23 AM
Right, that's why I'm going to start over and drain the entire case and just water cool my CPU and video cards while the hard drives are fan cooled.
I know I will see a big performance gain if I do that don't you think?

grey_1
04-05-06, 07:11 AM
I use a Danger Den solution to cool my GTX 7900's and they idle: GPU1 33 GPU2 31. While gaming at 2500x1600 the temps are: GPU1 45 GPU2 43. I think the Danger Den blocks are a little more robust, but your temps do seem a little on the high side. With a GPU2 temp higher than the GPU1 temp I am lead to believe that you have extra components besides your CPU/GPU"s in the cooling loop?
These temps are about identical to mine with my fans at medium. A 120m fan on low keeps my raptor and wd250 around mid 20's. I'd definetly take em out of the loop. Another item that helped me alot was sticking a big A$$ zalman hs on my nb with a 60m fan on low. My nb is directly between my vid. cards. Let us know how you make out!

rudedog
04-05-06, 07:35 AM
I would try running rthdribl for 50-60 minutes to get a more accurate reading on your max temps.
The max temp I get is around 73-74C on air. That's with a 7800gtx(512).

Unless your testing like PSYCHODAD suggested with rthdrible your not getting actual in game temps. Your cards will cool down too quickly while switching or shutting off a game to check temps.

flurry
04-05-06, 11:55 AM
Unless your testing like PSYCHODAD suggested with rthdrible your not getting actual in game temps. Your cards will cool down too quickly while switching or shutting off a game to check temps.

Ever heard of Motherboard Monitor? There are NV plugins available that let you monitor your GPU Temps (realtime) and display the data to an LCD such as on the Logitech G15 keyboard or an in case Matrix Orbital. I utilize both.

Roch
04-05-06, 12:31 PM
I had an OCed newcastle core 3800 and 2 6800gt's (450) under an EXOS AI and I felt it seemed "on the edge" sometimes when I was hammering Doom3 multi at 1600x1200 etc, it kicked into mode 3 alot, never overheated though.

Digital_Trans
04-05-06, 03:21 PM
I ordered the extra Koolance liquid I'll need in order to reconfigure my setup.
Another thing I used for thermal paste was Artic Silver's Céramique on the GPU and GDDR3 Memory. It's suppose to be above them all. I also have Artic Silver 5 which is who makes Artic Silver Céramique. Which do you think I should use when I go to reconfigure everything? because reviews are saying Artic Silver Céramique takes the lead!

Review here: http://www.arcticsilver.com/ceramique.htm