PDA

View Full Version : I always knew it

Infinity666
04-04-06, 02:26 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=554422225282547705&q=a+perfect+circle&pl=true

supra
04-04-06, 02:58 AM
omfg! lol

i wanna test this out :D

grey_1
04-04-06, 11:32 AM
Oh man, I gotta get cs back on, that is hilarious!

Gentle
04-04-06, 02:51 PM
That movie is not very current.

Is it still relevant?

Gentle

Tygerwoody
04-04-06, 02:59 PM
this is old news and as of a few months ago it was still true. for CS you ALWAYS aim in front of the person instead of actually aiming at them.

Nutty
04-04-06, 05:06 PM
this is old news and as of a few months ago it was still true. for CS you ALWAYS aim in front of the person instead of actually aiming at them.

Nope.

In CS 1.6 this was the case, in the source version they completely redid the collision across networks, so that aiming directly at them works.

The server backplays their position your ping time to work out where the other characters are when you fired.

What they dont do however is backplay the animations, as this requires far too much cpu power. So its possible you shot at a limb that moves in however many milliseconds it takes the server to get the info, so you miss.

But you dont need to aim in front of players with the source version.

I've always been able to headshot sideways running players by shooting directly on their heads. I doubt the hit boxes shown in the video are all that accurate, plus I believe this is a very old video isn't it ?

nutcrackr
04-04-06, 05:52 PM
Aren't they all bots? Can't really see the names, Anyway this is no issue for me, I've tested this when tk is on by shooting slighty in front of players and I never hit them.:kill:

Q
04-04-06, 09:29 PM
In other news, that is BY FAR the best song on that APC album.

killahsin
04-05-06, 12:27 AM
This was the case yes. But it was a vision issue and not so much an actual hitbox issue. Hitbox rendering latency was the issue. The server still calculated everything correctly. what you saw there was the hitbox pridiction moving forward. A huge amount fo people made videos posts and so forth about this at the time. Valve answered them directly explaining what they were seeing and how hitboxes were no longer like that. Of course everyone called them liars, even The dust god, i mean mapper made a long over winded explanation about what people were seeing was not reality and of course he got trolled. And he doesn't even work for valve.

Tygerwoody
04-05-06, 10:05 AM
Nope.

In CS 1.6 this was the case, in the source version they completely redid the collision across networks, so that aiming directly at them works.

The server backplays their position your ping time to work out where the other characters are when you fired.

What they dont do however is backplay the animations, as this requires far too much cpu power. So its possible you shot at a limb that moves in however many milliseconds it takes the server to get the info, so you miss.

But you dont need to aim in front of players with the source version.

I've always been able to headshot sideways running players by shooting directly on their heads. I doubt the hit boxes shown in the video are all that accurate, plus I believe this is a very old video isn't it ?
I don't know the specifics of how all everything works. The last time I played HL2: CS(which was around December) if I aimed a good 2 feet in front of a person running I would always hit them. If I aimed directly at them I wouldn't.

This is actually the reason I DESPISE playing CS. The aiming scheme is so jacked up. You have to play little tricks just to hit a person.

kev13dd
04-05-06, 03:16 PM
There is a setting in CSS that calculates how much of a delay there needs to be between when you shoot and it's hitbox calculation. Unfortunatly, it's setting is default for about 80 ping. So when you play with bots and have a ping of almost 0, the default setting is ganna throw you for a loop. That's why whenever I play at a LAN I fiddle with the setting and kick everyone's butt. Woot woot

K

|MaguS|
04-05-06, 03:18 PM
I believe thats the prediction setting being shown, Most servers can customize it and lock it so everyone is locked at the servers optimal prediction scheme. Like Kev12dd said, on a LAN or even on low ping servers people can mess with the settings to "cheat" so servers can lock it with a default so that even if the client sets a "cheat" setting it wont take effect since the servers setting overrides it.