PDA

View Full Version : Firingsquad benchmarks Oblivion

ggp159
04-04-06, 07:23 AM
From the benchmarks Ati wins in the single card benchmarks and Nvidia in SLI!

msxyz
04-04-06, 07:49 AM
Link ?

Lfctony
04-04-06, 08:07 AM
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/oblivion_high-end_performance/

Superfly
04-04-06, 08:16 AM
lol, nvidia got spanked. (single card)

SH64
04-04-06, 08:50 AM
Link ?
Makes you wonder why people start new threads without even bothering themsevles to post a link for the story :screwy:

anyway thanks to Lfctony for posting the link.

OWA
04-04-06, 10:05 AM
It's good that they benched various areas. It was nice to see SLI do so well although I wish they would have included the 7800 GTX 512s also so I'd know where I fit in.

Superfly
04-04-06, 10:14 AM
It's good that they benched various areas. It was nice to see SLI do so well although I wish they would have included the 7800 GTX 512s also so I'd know where I fit in.

ummm, I still think the NV cards are getting lower perfornce than they deserve.

SLi looks OK but single cards are very poor for NVIDIA.

ggp159
04-04-06, 10:27 AM
Makes you wonder why people start new threads without even bothering themsevles to post a link for the story :screwy:

anyway thanks to Lfctony for posting the link.

Maybe u can type the url urself?;)

Superfly
04-04-06, 10:55 AM
Maybe u can type the url urself?;)

maybe you could be more helpful and less of a dick when posting smartass replies......

just a thought. ;)

MUYA
04-04-06, 11:12 AM
maybe you could be more helpful and less of a dick when posting smartass replies......

just a thought. ;)

Here's a thought...maybe you should let the mods do their job and consider not being so abusive to other members irratble they may be. ;)

Superfly
04-04-06, 11:26 AM
Here's a thought...maybe you should let the mods do their job and consider not being so abusive to other members irratble they may be. ;)

I've read this twice now and just cant see the fun in what you suggest, still your the boss so I'll STFU.

OWA
04-04-06, 11:59 AM
ummm, I still think the NV cards are getting lower perfornce than they deserve.

SLi looks OK but single cards are very poor for NVIDIA.
I just meant in terms of SLI vs Crossfire that SLI looked good especially since the results didn't look as good in single vs single. I think in general, most would like to have more performance in Oblivion no matter what card they have.

CaptNKILL
04-04-06, 03:13 PM
I hope someone tests with different CPUs some time. Im really curious about how much that effects the game.

swaaye
04-04-06, 04:22 PM
Well I guess that explains why my X850 XT PE at home feels so much faster than my overclocked 6800Go in this laptop. Yikes. WTF happened there.

Wish they'd benched more cards though. This game deserves a sweep from 9700/GFFX thru the top.

undercover
04-04-06, 04:27 PM
I hope someone tests with different CPUs some time. Im really curious about how much that effects the game.

My A64 3200+ averages 60 %cpu with my 6800GT 1280x1024, HDR, no ini mods. Time for a GPU upgrade :)

Banko
04-04-06, 04:33 PM
Well I guess that explains why my X850 XT PE at home feels so much faster than my overclocked 6800Go in this laptop. Yikes. WTF happened there.

Wish they'd benched more cards though. This game deserves a sweep from 9700/GFFX thru the top.
Umm the X850XT was faster then the 6800Ultra so that was to be expected.

StoNer
04-04-06, 06:21 PM
Wow I didnt know a 6800GT was that much slower than a 7800/7900GT in Oblivion

NTBlowz
04-04-06, 06:59 PM
Mid range card benchmark
http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2006/03/31/elder_scrolls_oblivion/5.html

knghtwhosaysni
04-04-06, 07:55 PM
I hope someone tests with different CPUs some time. Im really curious about how much that effects the game.That's what I'm hoping for too. With all the complex loading, AI, and physics in this game, it's gotta be pretty CPU-dependant

MUYA
04-04-06, 09:05 PM
I've read this twice now and just cant see the fun in what you suggest, still your the boss so I'll STFU.
i will lay it to you striaght then, no matter how offensive or uncompreshensive or unagreeable another persons post...do not abuse them ...ie call them a dick.

nexus_alpha
04-04-06, 09:52 PM
From the benchmarks Ati wins in the single card benchmarks and Nvidia in SLI!

You do know that the ATI single card and crossfire results are the same does that not strike you as odd!!! Hmmmmm!!! hMMMMM!!! I wonder. :p at a res higher than 1024 *768

killahsin
04-05-06, 01:05 AM
pete has said that crossfire doesn't work yet. Before the game even released. It was also stated that somthing was downgraded on the x1900 cards(not sure if this includes x1800) im curious as to what. And it may explain the various differences in numbers. It's dissapointing that firingsquad forgot to mention the fact that xfire isn't actually working in oblivion yet, as it requires a new driver. Rather dubious, unless i missed where they said it? Maybe they didn't know pete said xfire wasn't working?

kinda starting to lose respect for firing squad after this one

EDIT: ok they updated their site saying they finally learned about the xfire support and are redoing their results. I would also really like them to actually say what driver settings they are using for both cards. As well as have the display for each game from the ini to make sure that the game isn't auto customizing to card(which it has been said to do full percision vs half and so forth)