PDA

View Full Version : For those sick of level scaling and crappy loot

Mr Six
04-04-06, 01:44 PM
Try this mod :D :

Random Oblivion 2.1 :

Welcome to reality, fear, and excitement. This mod completely changes the world of Cyrodiil. Now almost all creatures are random levels and have random loot. And now most treasure is random, too. What this means is that when you start a new game, you must be very, very careful when adventuring. You could encounter any very low to very high level creatures when you character is at ANY level. But, the rewards are much greater now. You can get very high level items early in the game if you are lucky. You will need these higher level items just to survive the game. It is advised that lower level characters stay out of dungeons and other dangerous areas until leveling up a little bit. Pearl diving is a safe and profitable alternative in the beginning. You may now buy any level weapon or item from any vendor regardless of your level.

The reason why I did this mod is to help create a world of adventure, realism, suspense, and danger. The original Oblivion world adjusts to your character's level. But that's not like the real world, is it? It's always fun to go adventuring, and not knowing what may be lurking around the next corner. The thrill of being chased by several high level creatures that can snap your neck in two hits is quite exciting. A good (and safer) way to make money early in the game is to steal from people in the towns and sell the stuff for a profit.

Please note that the ingame difficulty slider does work with this mod installed.

I hope everyone enjoys this mod. It is much harder to play the game with this mod, but just be patient and very careful. You should be ok... maybe.

hxxp://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=OblivionMods.Detail&id=157

I started a new character with a leveling mod + R0 2.1 and i can say that i enjoy the game much much more now. The is "static" feeling is now gone and it make the game more interesting.You really don't know what to expect when you adventure anymore so you always have to be alert and ready for anything.Very cool

I still enjoyed the vanilla version of the game but this mod took it to another level imho.

Modders rock :)

P.S : Btw sorry if that was already posted but i did not saw it anywhere

Pepsiboy
04-04-06, 08:35 PM
Ill try this once im finished with the game as it is now...which will be a long time

SH64
04-04-06, 08:52 PM
Looks good .. i might try it when i level up even more.

superklye
04-04-06, 08:55 PM
Kick ass! This sounds awesome...hopefully it doesn't screw up save games or anything...

EDIT: Is there a reason the two Ts were removed forcing me to copy/paste the link and manually change them?

Mr Six
04-05-06, 12:13 AM
EDIT: Is there a reason the two Ts were removed forcing me to copy/paste the link and manually change them?

Well , i was warned on few other boards for direct linking and i did not knew about the rules here so i took no chances.

And i can't guarantee you anything about saved games but you should make a backup before running the mod just in case something goes wrong.So far i have no problems at all.

I also installed a mercenary mod tonight and it make it even better.I took down a minotaur at level 4 with my compagnion (a gladiator).It was a though fight but it was just great :D.