PDA

View Full Version : Noob Section

Pages : [1] 2 3

nV`andrew
04-04-06, 01:32 PM
If you are a noob like me, ask your questions here :)

Yeah i love this game already lol. But where is the key to that door htat the emperor and the Blades go through

Zelda_fan
04-04-06, 01:58 PM
If you are a noob like me, ask your questions here :)

Yeah i love this game already lol. But where is the key to that door htat the emperor and the Blades go through

you don't go through that door. There is a side passage through some underground tunnel that you go through.

nV`andrew
04-04-06, 02:09 PM
oh lol thanks. ill make sure i do that once i get my fricken sound working...

nV`andrew
04-04-06, 05:00 PM
hey i was wondering, after getting out of imperial city, where should i go? i'd like to join a guild or do something somewhat exciting...thanks for any help

great game btw

SH64
04-04-06, 05:06 PM
Go wherever you wanna go .. you are not obliged to go somewhere in this game if you dont want to! :p
for main quest you need to go to Chorrol .. you can join the fighters or mages guild by visiting any of the major cities like Bruma or Leywiin (check map).
you can check the surrounding dungeons , roam through the forsts , travel to other cities or seach around Cyrodiil .. its all up to you! :D

nV`andrew
04-04-06, 05:14 PM
ah cool thanks. ive explored the forest a lot already. is a horse something you need to buy or should i wait till im a higher level? i will check out leywiin, i was near there but got sort of lost around this one camp. im a breton but picked a custom class that focused on magic more and some battle and stuff. thanks ofr the tips

SH64
04-04-06, 05:23 PM
You can buy a horse , but it'll be expensive in the start . you might find some relatively cheap horses in Bruma i think (500 gold) which is still too much for you :p , in other cities its much more .. so far i've seen some for 2500 gold & other for 5000 gold!
i did steal the 2500 gold one (just for testing) & boy it is faster than my slow-ass paint horse !! :D
tip : if you go to the priest (forgot his name) in Chorrol to deliver him the king's amulet as a part of the main quest he'll give you his horse for free. his horse suck though speed & health wise.

CaptNKILL
04-04-06, 05:24 PM
Id recommend starting on the main quest sort of early. Its very very hard if you try to do it later.

Plus you get a horse at the first place you need to go in the main quest. So do that first :)

nV`andrew
04-04-06, 06:15 PM
well im gonna check out leywiin and then ill be on my way to chorrol

SH64
04-04-06, 06:19 PM
Remember n00bz!! when you discover a new area/city/camp , you'll be able to fast travel to it anytime later.
just go in the map & select the place - thats you've already discoverd - , click on the square icon to travel to it instantly.

Mr. Hunt
04-04-06, 06:20 PM
Made my second character and I am going PURE mage... I love playing him, but I have run into ONE problem with the arena... the guy that uses the Grey Aegis or whatever that makes him immune to magic completely... so... I can't really kill him since my blade/hammer/whatever other attack skills are crap... so like... advice? :\

Capt.ArD
04-04-06, 06:33 PM
I would suggest rounding him out. only thing you can do, really. go somewhere with weak monsters and bash them around until you get better fighting skills. as you said, he is immune to magic, what else can you do?

i undertand that because of the way the leveling system works, it can really screw you over in later levels if you have an unbalanced character. try and get a little skill in everything and then concentrate on your fav. areas to build them up.

SH64
04-04-06, 06:36 PM
How about summoning creatures to aid you ??

i undertand that because of the way the leveling system works, it can really screw you over in later levels if you have an unbalanced character. try and get a little skill in everything and then concentrate on your fav. areas to build them up.
Good advice :thumbsup:

Mr. Hunt
04-04-06, 06:58 PM
How about summoning creatures to aid you ??

Tried... the skeleton is so slow he rarely catches up (I am running in circles trying to kite the guy lol), and the other thing I have (I forgot... scamp maybe?) uses magic himself... so that is no help :(.

Pepsiboy
04-04-06, 08:18 PM
Summon your scamp and bash his head in for starters lol.

Get a weapon...get some poison

With the poison...make sure it either lowers his speed...or just does something else really nasty. Apply it to a dagger or any other weapon, hit him...and then if hes slow enough summon a skelly and he should maybe be able to catch up. That all i can think of at the moment.

nV`andrew
04-04-06, 11:52 PM
how do you drop items...?

embarrasing

well,i installed the game at 10:00am and at 9:50 pm im now trying to find those two books on the people whole stole the amulet

CaptNKILL
04-04-06, 11:57 PM
PLEASE read the manual!

For gods sake :p

Shift-Click to drop items :lol:

nV`andrew
04-05-06, 12:02 AM
i have been reading it! im sorry! lol. yeah i fianlly got that horse, its slow but it gets the job done eh...wow i started playing around 10:30, ate lunch at 11:15, then kept on playing til 5:00, ate dinner, and played til 9:45. i love spring break. maybe i should give it a rest. i shall be on early in the morning. oh and on the smilies, i cant click them anymore? my firefox browser like went to bran new where i had to set a home page and crap and now i cant click on teh smilies :(

Zelda_fan
04-05-06, 12:04 AM
Tried... the skeleton is so slow he rarely catches up (I am running in circles trying to kite the guy lol), and the other thing I have (I forgot... scamp maybe?) uses magic himself... so that is no help :(.

first of all, get a bettern summon then a freaken skeleton. Get a dremora or a golden saint. Next, you have to understand that magic immunity is IMPOSSIBLE. Most likely he has something like "reflect spell 40%" or somewhat BS like that that. Hit him with a "lower fire resist" and then nail his ass with fire.

OWA
04-05-06, 12:08 AM
What about the Oblivion gates? Do I need to tackle them when I come across them or can I wait until later? I did the one that shows up not too long after doing the amulet part of the first quest but on my way to another part of that quest I ran across another one. I didn't really feel like doing another one so soon so I skipped it and hoped that was okay (I plan to go back later).

Sidric
04-05-06, 12:13 AM
Made my second character and I am going PURE mage... I love playing him, but I have run into ONE problem with the arena... the guy that uses the Grey Aegis or whatever that makes him immune to magic completely... so... I can't really kill him since my blade/hammer/whatever other attack skills are crap... so like... advice? :\

dispel perhaps? I'm not sure if that works against a magic effect on a piece of armor. I've actually started a pure mage char myself but I won't work on him until I finish my thief(currently lvl 21). I gotta say magic does do quite a bit of damage, at least in comparison to a bow. it may level out later on, I just barely made it to level 2 with the mage.

nV`andrew
04-05-06, 01:27 AM
dispel perhaps? I'm not sure if that works against a magic effect on a piece of armor. I've actually started a pure mage char myself but I won't work on him until I finish my thief(currently lvl 21). I gotta say magic does do quite a bit of damage, at least in comparison to a bow. it may level out later on, I just barely made it to level 2 with the mage.

yeah im a breton and only level 2. its tough, and for a noob using magic is perplexing. the healing is great though, and i can do some fire spells. i got a lot of ways to go. im glad i went the custom way and added some battle characteristics to my guy, cuz magic is tuff :o

Mr. Hunt
04-05-06, 01:45 AM
first of all, get a bettern summon then a freaken skeleton. Get a dremora or a golden saint. Next, you have to understand that magic immunity is IMPOSSIBLE. Most likely he has something like "reflect spell 40%" or somewhat BS like that that. Hit him with a "lower fire resist" and then nail his ass with fire.

I am level 8, where am I supposed to get a golden saint? And it isn't impossible, I went up to him with Cold Touch or Flame Touch or whatever (btw, "Touch" spells rule) and it always gave me some message about how my magic is resisted or something... no matter how many times I tried, no damage ever went through with damage.

SH64
04-05-06, 02:49 PM
What about the Oblivion gates? Do I need to tackle them when I come across them or can I wait until later? I did the one that shows up not too long after doing the amulet part of the first quest but on my way to another part of that quest I ran across another one. I didn't really feel like doing another one so soon so I skipped it and hoped that was okay (I plan to go back later).
You can shut them whenever you want.

nV`andrew
04-05-06, 03:20 PM
tihs is my second day of having this game and i've already gotten the star for azusa and stuff. i was bit by one of the 5 people in that cave, and got the disease, but it has not affected me, wierd. now im getting people to protect bruma, and when i went to chorrol there was another gate. i did it but that one took me forever, i mgetting sick of the gates lol. when i finish this main quest, well IF i finish it, lol, will i be able to join guilds afterwards?