PDA

View Full Version : Getting lost in Oblivion ? No problem!

SH64
04-04-06, 07:08 PM
Well the map is there for a purpose , right ? ;)

http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/1979/copyofdsc000811er.jpg

http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/6725/copyofdsc000783nz.jpg

Pepsiboy
04-04-06, 08:54 PM
Lol i had the Morrowind map set up like that...but this Oblivion map sucks in my opinion. All it does is list the general layout of mountains and terrain...major cities...and rivers. No settlements or other areas of interest. Its pretty sorry in my opinion :(. Oh well it contrasts the greatness of the game perfectly now lol.

SH64
04-04-06, 09:02 PM
.but this Oblivion map sucks in my opinion. All it does is list the general layout of mountains and terrain...major cities...and rivers. No settlements or other areas of interest. Its pretty sorry in my opinion :(.
Agreed .. not much info in it :( .. better than nothing though. at least i can pinpoint the location of the major cities & roads around :|

superklye
04-04-06, 09:03 PM
Yeah, I definitely did that with the Morrowind map, too, but as you guys have said, this one just isn't worth it. :-\

nV`andrew
04-04-06, 09:14 PM
heh...im somewhere in the great forest at the Valley View Camp, and if anybody knows where the fack that is, please do not hesitate to tell me which direction should i go to find chorrol. ive been walking around for hours

SH64
04-04-06, 09:17 PM
heh...im somewhere in the great forest at the Valley View Camp, and if anybody knows where the fack that is, please do not hesitate to tell me which direction should i go to find chorrol. ive been walking around for hours
Chorrol should be in the west of the great forest :D

sillyeagle
04-04-06, 09:29 PM

Use your in game map, it shows exactly where you are and what way you are heading. It also puts an icon at the location of your current quest destination. Also on your compass, while walking around, you will have the same colored icon showing if you are moving toward your quest destination or not.

nV`andrew
04-04-06, 09:40 PM
Use your in game map, it shows exactly where you are and what way you are heading. It also puts an icon at the location of your current quest destination. Also on your compass, while walking around, you will have the same colored icon showing if you are moving toward your quest destination or not.

lol...how do i use that :)

sillyeagle
04-04-06, 09:50 PM
lol...how do i use that :)

I would at lest skim through the instruction manual a bit for some good basic info, but what you want to do is hit your tab key to bring up your inventory screen, then click on your compass, that will bring up the map/quest screen. Then click the buttons under the map to switch between local map/regional map/current quest/active quest/completed quests. You current quest will show an icon on your map to let you know where to go....

Clay
04-04-06, 09:51 PM
Hitting F4 will bring up the map too.

nV`andrew
04-04-06, 09:53 PM
thanks, i was looking at the manual but only the controls section and thought u were tricking me or sumthing. thanks again, im sure it will help me get out of the depths of the forest.

CaptNKILL
04-04-06, 11:54 PM
Hitting Alt-F4 will bring up the map too.

:D:D:D

knghtwhosaysni
04-05-06, 12:40 AM
:D:D:Dthat would be so horrible if someone did that after a huge quest without saving :)
"So what do now? I guess I'll look at the map and go exploring..."

CaptNKILL
04-05-06, 12:50 AM
that would be so horrible if someone did that after a huge quest without saving :)
"So what do now? I guess I'll look at the map and go exploring..."
heh heh (pirate)

gmontem
04-05-06, 02:14 AM
Wow Cyrodiil looks like a vagina. :eek: :bleh: A cloth map would have been sweet though.

nV`andrew
04-05-06, 02:24 AM
see, when u said F4 i was thinking of alt f4 and hesitated at first. then i said, ah what the hell and did it :P oh and how do u tell ur freinds to not attack u. saw it on a loading screen but it went by too fast

CaptNKILL
04-05-06, 02:32 AM
Wow Cyrodiil looks like a vagina.
:rofl

Hahahaha... it looks like a diagram from a health book :D

Castlequeenside
04-05-06, 06:03 AM
Tell me you're joking about the vagina thing... if not, your girlfriend has some issues man.

Rolland
04-05-06, 12:01 PM
"Yes, I 'd like 10,000 of you chicken Fajita's plz." - Family Guy

Sorry...the whole Cyrodiil map thing made me LOL :)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Back to the Map thing...

Also if your trying to do a Quest, make 1 your "Active" Quest and then hit the MAP button. MANY Quests will then point you in the direction of whatever's needed for the Quest.

Just follow your "pointer" ;)

:p