PDA

View Full Version : How to get AA+bloom to look like HDR.

DangeR!
04-04-06, 06:16 PM
Hi,
I am sure this has been stated in here somewhere but I cant find it. I want to improve the performance of the game, so I need to use AA+bloom and 8xAF with high quality. But, I wan't the look of HDR lighting. Does any one know how to do it?

I just hate the slow downs and gittering I get, as I have stated about 100 times lol. I wana try every possability to get the most out of the game/my system.

sillyeagle
04-04-06, 06:30 PM
There is a hack somewhere that exagerates the bloom, but I don't like it, it just makes bright areas extra bright and washes out detail.

You could also just boost the contrast and color saturation in the driver as opposed to the more desaturated look that you have without HDR.

DangeR!
04-05-06, 04:54 AM
anyone got a like for the setup.

forceman130
04-05-06, 01:46 PM
Hi,
I am sure this has been stated in here somewhere but I cant find it. I want to improve the performance of the game, so I need to use AA+bloom and 8xAF with high quality. But, I wan't the look of HDR lighting. Does any one know how to do it?

I just hate the slow downs and gittering I get, as I have stated about 100 times lol. I wana try every possability to get the most out of the game/my system.

What resolution are you running? Have you tried tweaking the game to improve performance so you can run HDR - things like reducing the grass density or running the short grass mod? Those two together should give you an easy 5+ FPS boost outside. Cutting the grass draw distance would help some also.