PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to get the gold dust from the Willow of the Wisp?

Gilmatic83
04-04-06, 11:43 PM
The mission when you have to get a Deedra artifact, as a blades brother. You go to that Deedra statue and they say don`t come back til dawn or dusk and have the gold dust from a willow of the wisp. I found the willow of the wisp but just cant seem find a way to kill it or anything.

Thanks for the help.

Zelda_fan
04-05-06, 12:53 AM
The mission when you have to get a Deedra artifact, as a blades brother. You go to that Deedra statue and they say don`t come back til dawn or dusk and have the gold dust from a willow of the wisp. I found the willow of the wisp but just cant seem find a way to kill it or anything.

Thanks for the help.

I actually just killed a willowisp by accident the other day. Just stumbled on it, and was like "what the hell why not kill it." I believe I just blew it away with this spell that does 10 pt fire damage, 10 pt cold damage, and 10 pt electrical damage (wizards wrath or some ****). So it must be vulnerable to one of the elements.

Toss3
04-05-06, 01:14 AM

Thanks for the help.

You need to kill it with magic or any silver/enchanted weapon. Those are really hard to kill, but if you have magic then you're safe! :) Btw. you should get the umbra weapon(attack skill 28) and all the umbra gear.

Gilmatic83
04-05-06, 01:34 AM
Btw. you should get the umbra weapon(attack skill 28) and all the umbra gear.

And how would won go about this? haha

Yeah im a Blade does that make my magic real weak, im not a big RPG but im loving oblivion.

Serotine
04-05-06, 02:58 AM
FYI: you can also get Gold Dust from the Mages Guild Hall in Bruma. I guess this is an alternative if you can't manage the Willow, although I must say I found it quite simple.

Toss3
04-05-06, 03:40 AM
And how would won go about this? haha

Yeah im a Blade does that make my magic real weak, im not a big RPG but im loving oblivion.

Well, there's a quest where you are supposed to kill her, but you can get her guer before that. This is what I found on http://www.cheatcc.com/xbox360/elderscrolls4oblivioncheatscodes.html:
"Easy Ebony and Umbra Sword

Go to the Arena and get a few claymores. Then, go directly south of the Imperial Waterfront to a place called the Old Bridge. Move west and follow the road until you reach a ruin that starts with a "V". Go inside and get past the minor creatures. You will find a girl named Umbra. There is one broken pillar in the room. Use the bench next to it to jump on top of it, then stand at the edge. Use a ranged attack to have her start attacking you. Then, take out the claymore and just start hitting her. She has a lot of health and does a lot of damage -- do not fall off the pillar. If done correctly, you will have full Ebony and a great sword without getting touched."

Pepsiboy
04-05-06, 03:09 PM
Dont get to close to them or they like suck your abilities.

nV`andrew
04-05-06, 03:12 PM
its very easy. if you have like a goblin shaman enchanted weapon or something, you can get the dust in one hit

de><ta
04-05-06, 05:05 PM
Its glowdust! Because those damned things glow! :p

Actually best tactic is to use one of those dremora swords that are abundant in Oblivion (if it has an enchantment all the better). It does more damage then the silver sword at the lower levles. Also make your self a restore health and restore fatigue potion, corner it and keep slashing away.

Helps a lot if you have a reflect enchancement on you. Also I found that at close range they only have one kind of attack but at long range they use two different attacks.

Gilmatic83
04-07-06, 07:32 PM
I may sound like a real idiot, but how do I go about enchating my sword? I ended up buying some piece of crap silver battleaxe with a 4 attack level and it aint doing me any good.

nrs421
04-07-06, 09:07 PM
I may sound like a real idiot, but how do I go about enchating my sword? I ended up buying some piece of crap silver battleaxe with a 4 attack level and it aint doing me any good.

you have to get access to the arcane university

Gilmatic83
04-08-06, 02:20 AM
I finally got it, got a silver longsword and took em out quite easily. Now im trying to fight these friggin vampires, ought to be good.

Toss3
04-08-06, 02:27 AM
So your still at a lower level? Well, you need to get recommendations from all of the small mage guilds in the various cities around the world. It's definately worth it; went from 85 in strength to 113 just by enchanting some items! The best part of it is that it didn't even cost me that much, only like 2000$ and I could put feather on one of my items and now I can carry a lot more! Then I made my own spell called charm 44, and yeah now I have to run away from all the women!!(just kidding :) ) (nana2)