PDA

View Full Version : So... how many arrows do you guys carry?

Mr. Hunt
04-05-06, 02:50 AM
Well... I used to just stock up on one type of arrow... then I kept finding more and more arrows of different types... and today when I was over-encumbered I went to my inventory and realized I had a pack rat problem....

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1744/arrows8du.jpg

I guess I just like to have various arrows for any situation... I am a bit cheap so I usually stick with the steel arrows, but I just like to know I have the dwarven/elven/ebony arrows just incase I need the extra damage :\.

Anybody else have this problem?

EDIT: And I just did some quick math, and these arrows are taking up over half of my weight :\.

agentkay
04-05-06, 05:54 AM
I have maybe 150 arrows in total but then again Im more a swords guy.

DangeR!
04-05-06, 06:01 AM
just ditch the low armor arrows, steel, silver and dwarven. nice bow btw, mod it with a siggel (unless you dont have a good one that increases dmg)

Jackrabbit710
04-05-06, 06:53 AM
I only carry around 40! Iron or steel ones! im only lvl 7 though

Mr. Hunt
04-05-06, 07:14 AM
just ditch the low armor arrows, steel, silver and dwarven. nice bow btw, mod it with a siggel (unless you dont have a good one that increases dmg)

Thought about it... but I go more for constant effects... got a +12 speed ring and +10 strength necklace right now.. I just don't like the charge system, and this dang bow already costs a ton to keep it up... might have to take up armorer lol.

Vapor Trail
04-05-06, 07:34 AM
Right now I'm carrying about 500 arrows of various sorts. About half are silver so I don't have to carry a silver sword for ghosts and etc.

I have a nice magic bow but I agree that it costs way to much to keep it charged. I stopped carrying it when I got my first elven bow. The hitpoints are close enough and I can repair it myself.

de><ta
04-05-06, 07:58 AM
I gave up on bow and arrows. I guess my marksman skill level is not high enough so all of my shots do about 8-9 damage.

Instead for long range fights I use a lighting attack that does 50 damage and causes 100% weakness to shock.

I carry a couple of daedric arrows (~40) for novelty...

mustrum
04-05-06, 09:39 AM
Sorry for the noobish question but how do you recharge a bow?
I got a nice bow from my assain job but i have no clue how i recharge it once it's ran out of charges.
Also that siggle that was mentioned above? Where do you get that and how do you modify. I am still very green - was busy modding the game to make it look like i want to. Now i am actually playing it. ;)

CaptNKILL
04-05-06, 10:13 AM
I carry maybe 50 at a time. 20-30 steel, then a few silver, elven and dwarven.

I take them back any time I can get them so I never really seem to run out. I think I only ever bought one bunch of 50, I've just been using ones I find and reusing ones I fire.

mustrum, this is directly out of the manual (they say it best):
Service providers at the mages guild recharge items for a fee. You can also recharge magic items yourself using filled Soul Gems or Varla Stones.

I dont know if I ever found anyone that recharges magic items (havent looked much) but the soul gem method works alright. I dont have soul trap though, so I've just been using a few as I come across them.

mustrum
04-05-06, 10:35 AM
I carry maybe 50 at a time. 20-30 steel, then a few silver, elven and dwarven.

I take them back any time I can get them so I never really seem to run out. I think I only ever bought one bunch of 50, I've just been using ones I find and reusing ones I fire.

mustrum, this is directly out of the manual (they say it best):
Service providers at the mages guild recharge items for a fee. You can also recharge magic items yourself using filled Soul Gems or Varla Stones.

I dont know if I ever found anyone that recharges magic items (havent looked much) but the soul gem method works alright. I dont have soul trap though, so I've just been using a few as I come across them.

Hehe maybe i should check out the manual by chance. I usually don't touch em since they are 99% useless. ;)

CaptNKILL
04-05-06, 12:49 PM
Hehe maybe i should check out the manual by chance. I usually don't touch em since they are 99% useless. ;)
This one actually helps a lot.

I played the game with the manual sitting on my lap for the first 4 or 5 days.

DangeR!
04-05-06, 01:31 PM
might have to take up armorer lol.
LMAO, this is what I am deperatly trying to increase now that I modded my Daedric Bow. I can't fix it till I gat better at armory and it cost so dam much at a smiths, they over charge way to much lol.

I use an ebony bow for the time being, getting into as many fights as possably, so boring but I have no choce :(.

also, my glass arrows have 12 armor penetration and yous have 14 :s, there must be difernt types of the same arrow.

also, what ever you do, DO NOT drop your modded wepon that you did with a siggy. I think there is a bug in it as I am nolonger able to pick it up. Its my bow and I got the siggy and I modded it and it says I cant pick it up cos its not mine WTF. I was proud of that bow. It was an ebony bow with 20 HP dmg mod.

DangeR!
04-05-06, 01:38 PM
Sorry for the noobish question but how do you recharge a bow?

Also that siggle that was mentioned above? Where do you get that and how do you modify. I am still very green - was busy modding the game to make it look like i want to. Now i am actually playing it. ;)

First go to a mages guild house and there will be people in there that can recharge your weopns at a stupidly high price.

Siggle's are taken fron the oblivion gates, its what you take to close tham. There a some realy good mods from them. I have a bow with 15HP dmg per shot. Just click on the siggle in yout inventory and pick a wepon or clothing etc to mod. they usually come in 2's. one for wepons and on for armor/jewelry.

SH64
04-05-06, 03:54 PM
I carry whatever i can get .. i dont buy them though.

CaptNKILL
04-05-06, 03:56 PM
LMAO, this is what I am deperatly trying to increase now that I modded my Daedric Bow. I can't fix it till I gat better at armory and it cost so dam much at a smiths, they over charge way to much lol.

I use an ebony bow for the time being, getting into as many fights as possably, so boring but I have no choce :(.

also, my glass arrows have 12 armor penetration and yous have 14 :s, there must be difernt types of the same arrow.

also, what ever you do, DO NOT drop your modded wepon that you did with a siggy. I think there is a bug in it as I am nolonger able to pick it up. Its my bow and I got the siggy and I modded it and it says I cant pick it up cos its not mine WTF. I was proud of that bow. It was an ebony bow with 20 HP dmg mod.
It actually tells you you cant pick it up? Or it has a red hand icon on it?

Also, the damage done by arrows changes as your marksmanship increases.

Mr. Hunt
04-05-06, 05:29 PM

I think the damage thing could be marksmanship... mine is currently at 100 or 101 (with a mod, obviously)... pretty sure that mods the damage.

EDIT: HURRAY FOR NOT READING THE OTHER POSTS! lol... sorry :\

hemmy
04-05-06, 06:07 PM
you have 32K gold, how in the hell did you get that much, how long have you played?

Mr. Hunt
04-05-06, 06:43 PM
you have 32K gold, how in the hell did you get that much, how long have you played?

I am about... 55-60 hours in on this character... saved up a ton of money since I didn't spend it much since I found everything I needed pretty much, and picked up anything worth a decent amount... I blew a lot of it though... bought the house in Skingrad... very glad I did too... the house is awesome and the "reward" is very good... Life Detect FTW!

SadExchange
04-05-06, 08:36 PM
I never buy arrows and they're all I use. I guess I'm really meticulous about picking them up everywhere especially from my enemies' bodies after I shoot them.

Could you tell me what mod you used for your inventory and where's the best place to find good mods so far? Thanks!

DangeR!
04-05-06, 09:56 PM
here is my bow on the floor of my mannor

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v706/DangeRR/bow1.jpg

here is me trying to pick it up:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v706/DangeRR/bow2.jpg

its very strange not being able to pick it up, Its my bow, I earned it.

My marks is 85 journeyman. I should be able to pick it up. (I have no marks mods)

I spelt the name wrong. It was suposed to be killZor. never mind, I can use it on my next bow.

CaptNKILL
04-05-06, 10:13 PM
Man, thats really weird.

Thats the message you get when you try to pick up an opponent's weapon in the arena. :confused:

Pepsiboy
04-06-06, 12:43 AM
I carry about 150 at one time...but i use my bow for assasinations and for the first shot before i run in with my blade.

I only have iron arrows...im only lvl 7.

Sidric
04-06-06, 09:42 PM
First go to a mages guild house and there will be people in there that can recharge your weopns at a stupidly high price.

Siggle's are taken fron the oblivion gates, its what you take to close tham. There a some realy good mods from them. I have a bow with 15HP dmg per shot. Just click on the siggle in yout inventory and pick a wepon or clothing etc to mod. they usually come in 2's. one for wepons and on for armor/jewelry.

(omg) wow, I've had that first sigil sitting in my inventory for forever and really never thought about what it would be used for. thanks for mentioning, Danger.

DangeR!
04-07-06, 04:13 AM
(omg) wow, I've had that first sigil sitting in my inventory for forever and really never thought about what it would be used for. thanks for mentioning, Danger.
np, hope it serves you well.

Man, thats really weird.

Thats the message you get when you try to pick up an opponent's weapon in the arena.

Yeh I know, I'm goting to try it again outside this time. That was droped In my mannor, I have a servant lol.