PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Demo out now

Pages : [1] 2

jAkUp
04-05-06, 03:48 AM
Its out now for XB360. Go get it ;) Its a good game.

BioHazZarD
04-05-06, 05:19 AM
cool will see if its better there then pc.

OWA
04-05-06, 10:12 AM
All I see is the trailer.

Omega53
04-05-06, 12:52 PM
All I see is the trailer.
yup :(

jAkUp
04-05-06, 01:09 PM
Hmmm thats weird..

http://www.gaminggroove.com/newsitem.php?id=5479

BioHazZarD
04-05-06, 02:19 PM
still not out no idea whats going on

Blackcat
04-05-06, 03:34 PM
Its out, I am downloading it now as I post this message.

kev13dd
04-05-06, 04:12 PM
still not out no idea whats going on
I think this is just perfect evidence why Jakup needs to buy a 360, so he can know what he's talking about

K

ENU291
04-05-06, 05:12 PM
Its out, I am downloading it now as I post this message.
QFT... it is now available for download on the market place. 640.95meg download BTW.

brady
04-05-06, 06:35 PM
Downloading...

Omega53
04-05-06, 06:54 PM
3 hours later... still downloadin :mad:

edit: I download on my computer at 800Kb/s

Nutty
04-05-06, 06:56 PM
My flat-mates playing it now.. It does actually look quite decent.. The scenery graphics are really nice.. Frame-rate dips around here and there.. but looks like it might be quite good.

Omega53
04-05-06, 07:52 PM
Not buying this one, couldnt figure out the room with the 3 crates

jAkUp
04-05-06, 07:54 PM
Demo spoiler!!

Put the boxes on each button.. :) But thats where the demo ends.

Omega53
04-05-06, 08:00 PM
Demo spoiler!!

Put the boxes on each button.. :) But thats where the demo ends.

how do I get them out of the water???

OWA
04-05-06, 08:08 PM
I like it. I've already ordered it for the PC so I'm not sure I'll get the Xbox 360 version or not. I guess it depends on how poorly it runs with the next-gen content enabled on the PC or if I feel I can live without it (the next-gen content enabled).

My download went pretty quick but I just downloaded it a few minutes ago so maybe the demand wasn't as high then.

ENU291
04-05-06, 08:16 PM
I downloaded both the PC demo and the 360 demo. The difference I see is that the 360 textures look alot better and the HDR effects are enabled in the 360 version. Since this is a platformer the controls are alot easier and more natural feeling on the 360 version. There is some slow down and a few graphical glitches on the 360 version (mostly weird shadow effects) but I feel that the 360 version is the one to get. Once the PC demo is updated with the missing HDR effects I will re-evaluate the two.

ENU291
04-05-06, 08:33 PM

jAkUp
04-05-06, 08:33 PM
Put the boxes on one end of the see saw thingy, then jump from the ledge onto the other end :)

Also, the HD content is coming Friday, my guess is it will look identical to the XB version.

ENU291
04-05-06, 08:34 PM
how do I get them out of the water???
Spoiler!!!! The sequel!!! What you do is first remove the crate that is under the large stone slab in the water. You will notice that the slab will fall down on the crate end but rise on the other. Now use some tidder todder action and you'll be out of there in no time!! ;)

LiquidX
04-05-06, 10:29 PM
Put the boxes on one end of the see saw thingy, then jump from the ledge onto the other end :)

Also, the HD content is coming Friday, my guess is it will look identical to the XB version.

Just finished playing it and I think the PC version looks better even without the "Next-Gen" option. It also seems smoother and I even think it controlls better with a KB/M. I was not as impressed with the 360 version as I was playing the PC version so I will be sticking with the PC version.

ENU291
04-05-06, 10:40 PM
Just finished playing it and I think the PC version looks better even without the "Next-Gen" option. It also seems smoother and I even think it controlls better with a KB/M. I was not as impressed with the 360 version as I was playing the PC version so I will be sticking with the PC version.
What kind of screen are you playing the Xbox360 version on?

Mathesar
04-05-06, 10:43 PM

PC version runs much smoother but you're seeing it with Next gen mode disabled, 360's is running fully maxed w/ next gen effects enabled.

However for some reason Standard mode on PC has one effect not seen on 360's version (that i've noticed so far)..when Laura gets out of water her skin has a shiny / wet look especially noticable with a bright light source ,360's doesnt have this effect at all.

Couple pics that show the effect:

Pic 1 (http://ded.zenblue.net/Tomb_Raider_Legend_PC/tomb_legend_standard_wet.jpg)
Pic 2 (http://ded.zenblue.net/Tomb_Raider_Legend_PC/tomb_legend_standard_wet2.jpg)

LiquidX
04-05-06, 11:35 PM
What kind of screen are you playing the Xbox360 version on?

HD via VGA on a 2070SB Diamond Pro.

PC version runs much smoother but you're seeing it with Next gen mode disabled, 360's is running fully maxed w/ next gen effects enabled.

However for some reason Standard mode on PC has one effect not seen on 360's version (that i've noticed so far)..when Laura gets out of water her skin has a shiny / wet look especially noticable with a bright light source ,360's doesnt have this effect at all.

Couple pics that show the effect:

Pic 1 (http://ded.zenblue.net/Tomb_Raider_Legend_PC/tomb_legend_standard_wet.jpg)
Pic 2 (http://ded.zenblue.net/Tomb_Raider_Legend_PC/tomb_legend_standard_wet2.jpg)

I was also looking for that effect on the 360 but didnt notice it and thats another reasons I think the PC version looks better. But besides Laura I think the textures of the mountains and rocks look sharper on the PC.

msxyz
04-06-06, 07:52 AM
I've tried the Xbox demo and it looks good except for the fact that controls are too sensitive for my taste. Many times I endend up falling off a ledge or missing a rope because I've problems moving with precision movements the analog sticks