PDA

View Full Version : Books of Oblivion ??

gray fox
04-05-06, 08:23 AM
I never realy noticed them before but i was flicking thru a book to see how many pages it had and it got up to about 90 :P. It wasnt a book which gave skills. Does anyone actualy read them or were they a complete waste of time :P ?

hazindu
04-05-06, 08:27 AM
I've read a few books from Oblivion and Morrowind, but for the most part I'm more of a gamer than a bookworm.

edit: I wouldn't call them a complete waste of time since some of them do give you some interesting Elderscrolls backstory.

SH64
04-05-06, 02:59 PM
I dont read them .. i just look for skill points heh ..

de><ta
04-05-06, 05:07 PM
I never realy noticed them before but i was flicking thru a book to see how many pages it had and it got up to about 90 :P. It wasnt a book which gave skills. Does anyone actualy read them or were they a complete waste of time :P ?

The only book I read in Oblivion was entitled "The Lusty Argonian Barmaid". :D

Lifts-her-tail-up is a champ. :D

gravioli
04-06-06, 12:36 AM
I feel sorry for the person who was tasked to write, type, and edit all these books, especially if they had known that only the hardcore fanbase would read past the book titles.

Zelda_fan
04-06-06, 12:48 AM
honestly, Bethesda has done a much better job at makeing me read the books in this game. Certain quests you have to read to books to get information how to complete the quest.

Clay
04-06-06, 12:51 AM
You can also sell some of the books for quite a bit of gold, especially if you're good at haggling.