PDA

View Full Version : Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul

Zandig
04-05-06, 10:09 AM
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=368896

This mod has got me playing again. I was so bored of the unrealistic scaling system in the vanilla release and this huge mod addresses it perfectly. I'm having fun playing again how the game should have been released initially!

EDIT: Updated with the lastest info/url on ---> 13 April, 2006

Vapor Trail
04-05-06, 12:49 PM
Wow! This looks really cool! I'm going to give it a try!

Zandig
04-07-06, 09:00 PM
bump

Mad Mike
04-11-06, 02:41 PM
I have a server filter at work, can someone tell me what the mod does? Heh, this is the only forum my filter doesn't ban.

smallSHEEP
04-11-06, 05:30 PM
Tried this out and it works really well so far, I'm enjoying the prospect of decent level caps of baddies. Now I might actually start leveling up.

glObalist
04-12-06, 07:35 PM
What would you say would be a good level to start second stage of the Siege of Kvatch quest with this mod? I'm finding it terribly difficult at level 15...

Pepsiboy
04-12-06, 10:41 PM
smallsheep...i would think you would level up less with this mod

the point of this is to bring back the Morrowind system. Basically in Morrowind...it got TREMENDOUSLY frustrating at early lvls because EVERYTHING would slap your ass silly.

Im not too sure about this...why would i want to get that frustrated all over again?

CaptNKILL
04-12-06, 10:51 PM
What would you say would be a good level to start second stage of the Siege of Kvatch quest with this mod? I'm finding it terribly difficult at level 15...
I highly recommend just lowering the difficulty to like 30%. You wont have to do this in many places, but Kvatch seems bugged because the monsters level much more than the soldiers, so youre basically going solo against 6-7 very tough monsters. I managed to do it with a LOT of running backwards shooting poisoned arrows, but it was TOUGH.

EDIT: doh... Im an idiot, youre asking about this mod. I was referring to the normal game... ignore me :p

smallSHEEP
04-13-06, 06:47 AM
smallsheep...i would think you would level up less with this mod

the point of this is to bring back the Morrowind system. Basically in Morrowind...it got TREMENDOUSLY frustrating at early lvls because EVERYTHING would slap your ass silly.

Im not too sure about this...why would i want to get that frustrated all over again?

Before using this mod I was 40 hours into the game and level 6 and I coudn't really see any need to level any further as I kicked ass. Now with the mod installed I'm comming across harder enemies so I've decided to start leveling in order to get above their level cap, I'm now at level 8.

smallSHEEP
04-16-06, 12:52 PM
Version 1.2 of Oscuros MOD has been released!

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=378951

azale138
04-17-06, 11:48 AM
I was able to beat Kvatch at lvl 5 both with the mod and with out with out turning the difficulty down hmmm

de><ta
04-17-06, 12:08 PM
I was able to beat Kvatch at lvl 5 both with the mod and with out with out turning the difficulty down hmmm

I glitched it. :D Kept running between doors, healing myself, running out doing some weak damage and then scampering back into the tunnel again. :D

Those 8 clanfears and 2 daedroths mowed down all the soldiers in like 10 seconds and only that import npc was alive but unconscious half the time.

Epyx
04-17-06, 01:48 PM

You will find later parts of the quest much more challenging. The first few portions are about on par with or without.

azale138
04-17-06, 02:27 PM
do you mean of the kvatch part or later parts of the game in general? I played the game before the oscuro's and was about lvl 30 It is real easy to power lvl if you just concentrate on the major skills but then all of the sudden i was seeing all these new creatures, I felt like I lvled to fast and i didnt like the fact that a fight with one skeleton was lasting 5 minutes, So I installed oscuro thingys and started over but I went right back and did the main quest very early, I am stopped right about the same place i was before, were you have to go to the whatever dawn's hide out after the sewers incident I havent really noticed the difference with the oscy mod yet I guess I'll see it more later when things start to hit thier lvl caps and such