PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life 2 Episode 1 ScreenShots

Pages : [1] 2

Burpy
04-05-06, 04:29 PM
http://img347.imageshack.us/img347/7578/040706hl2ep116cp.jpg

http://img347.imageshack.us/img347/3552/040706hl2ep129zv.jpg

[ Half-Life 2 Episode One Video @ Shacknews (http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=8636) ] (36MB Download)
[ Half-Life 2 Episode One Video @ EuroGamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=247&s=l) ] (Streaming)

Source: [ Shacknews (http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/41592) ]

Official Half-Life 2 Episode One Website [ Link (http://ep1.half-life2.com/) ]

nutcrackr
04-05-06, 06:11 PM
Are these new? I can't tell they look the same as the last ones, especially #2 and #3. I hope that most of the game isn't in city 17's streets. :/

|JuiceZ|
04-05-06, 07:27 PM
Are these new? I can't tell they look the same as the last ones, especially #2 and #3. I hope that most of the game isn't in city 17's streets. :/

nope they're old.

Burpy
04-07-06, 10:38 AM
Post updated with new screenshots & video showing a minute of gameplay from episode one.

Redeemed
04-07-06, 02:09 PM
Is this Aftermath, a whole new expansion pack, or what?

tacos4me
04-07-06, 02:36 PM
It was going to be, but Valve decided to do it in episodes. So you'll be getting a new "espisode" to play every month or two.

superklye
04-08-06, 10:57 AM
It was going to be, but Valve decided to do it in episodes. So you'll be getting a new "espisode" to play every month or two.
Right. The single "Aftermath" has been expanded from one $30 expansion to three $20 expansions.

anticitizenzero
04-08-06, 01:55 PM
Haha, you think were getting a new episode every month or two, try ever year or two, valve is so sluggish in releasing content its not even funny, remember when aftermath was supposed to come out in November!

Brimstone7
04-09-06, 12:30 PM
I was about to post a whole bunch of smack talk about Valve but after watching the new teaser clip I'm just about as excited as I've ever been about this one. Screenshots don't do this thing justice!

Redeemed
04-19-06, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about this expansion pack also. Are these "Episodes" gonna' replace HL3? If not, I'm wondering were they'll end. I mean, how many "Episodes" does valve intend on releasing? Just three? Maybe more?

Nutty
04-19-06, 02:57 PM
Is it me, or did that video make the game look terribly dated already ? Looked like it was all LDR.. :(

Sazar
04-19-06, 03:29 PM

Do you mean calendar months or Valve's months?

Coz if its Valve's months, we could be waiting for years.

superklye
04-19-06, 06:32 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about this expansion pack also. Are these "Episodes" gonna' replace HL3? If not, I'm wondering were they'll end. I mean, how many "Episodes" does valve intend on releasing? Just three? Maybe more?
I believe I read somewhere that they said if the episodes go really well, then yes, they'll replace HL3.

I can't wait until they get sued by Lucas.

Nutty
04-19-06, 06:47 PM
I believe I read somewhere that they said if the episodes go really well, then yes, they'll replace HL3.

I can't wait until they get sued by Lucas.

For what ? You not allowed to call things episodes ? Since when could you copyright the english language ? Oh, this is america init, ignore me ;)

Gabrobot
04-19-06, 09:13 PM

Pretty much...Valve has two teams working on Episodes. The first team is working on Episode 1, and the second team is working on Epsiode 2. When Episode 1 is released, the first team will start working on Epsiode 3. What's interesting is that Epsiode 4 is already in development, and it's being made by a company outside of Valve. I'm guessing Episode 4 will bring with it either a new engine, or some major overhauls to the Source engine. (Which would explain why it's taking so much longer to develop...it'll take longer to create the required high quality art assets) Epsiode 4 is also supposed to have a stand-alone plot.

Q
04-19-06, 09:22 PM
Right after HL2 I was really excited about this expansion. But, like all things Valve, one delay after another has left me uninterested. Sad thing is, there will be enough fan boys who still jump on ship to make this episode thing a success, even with Valve's ForeverStutter Engine.

Bad_Boy
04-20-06, 12:25 AM
I get a huge star wars vibe off this "episode one" ****. dunno why :/

Peoples-Agent
04-20-06, 05:38 AM
If it stutters , im going to send the game back along with dog skat in a box ...maybe even some form of spring action underneath, so when the box opens....thou skat shall fly!

Redeemed
04-22-06, 12:42 AM
Right after HL2 I was really excited about this expansion. But, like all things Valve, one delay after another has left me uninterested. Sad thing is, there will be enough fan boys who still jump on ship to make this episode thing a success, even with Valve's ForeverStutter Engine.

Dude, get out some. Valve ain't bad at all when it comes to release dates. You want to talk about late on release dates, forever pushing titles back? Take a look at Codemasters and Operation Flashpoint 2. That makes Valve look like they're always early in comparison. ;)

If it stutters , im going to send the game back along with dog skat in a box ...maybe even some form of spring action underneath, so when the box opens....thou skat shall fly!

That'd be sweet. We should organize this via PMs so every member of nVnews that sends a box back does this. So all at the same time the "skat will fly!". Imagine the mess... :(

watever
04-22-06, 01:57 AM
valve isnt as bad on release dates as say.. duke nukem forever.. or even prey. Now those games are taking forever to come out.

|MaguS|
04-22-06, 06:46 AM
valve isnt as bad on release dates as say.. duke nukem forever.. or even prey. Now those games are taking forever to come out.

Or Zelda for the Gamecube ;)

Mr. Hunt
04-22-06, 06:52 AM
When it stutters , im going to send the game back along with dog skat in a box ...maybe even some form of spring action underneath, so when the box opens....thou skat shall fly!

Fixed.

Banko
04-22-06, 11:16 AM
The difference is that Duke Nukem Forver only had one release date 2001, and that is about it ever since it has been WID. Also Prey never even had an announced release date, they just stopped working on it 6 years ago and started it up.

|MaguS|
04-22-06, 11:17 AM
Valve still isn't that bad.. look at Blizzard, I don't think theres one game that they haven't ever delayed. I mean they even delay Patches...

Rakeesh
04-22-06, 12:07 PM
Which game has blizzard delayed besides WoW and SC:G?

Valve on the other hand, as a rule (thus far) requires an additional year or two after the first announced release date before it actually comes out. And when it does come out, it is not finished, it takes another year minimum for that to happen (HL1 took four years.) Every single game they have ever released follows these rules.