PDA

View Full Version : Dualview with games

Jalex19
04-05-06, 07:22 PM
Hi, I've got a problem I wonder if I can fix. Currently I'm running 2 monitors dualview, so I can have a wider desktop etc, its very useful for a variety of things.

One of the things I want to do though is be able to browse the net duriong a game session. Some games arent alt tab friendly and that's an annoyance anyways. The problem is when I load up WoW or Oblivion or another game my cursor then "locks" on the main screen. I know there's programs likme Multiplicity but I'm pretty sure those only work with 2 computers. Anything to help?

Thanks

JC

orphenshadow
04-06-06, 08:56 AM
Try running your games in windowed mode, then when you want to move to the other monitor hit the windows key and that should break the curser lock out of the game so you can move it to the other monitor

kai4785
04-12-06, 03:16 PM
I have the same setup at home. If you're playing WoW on Linux, you're probably using Cedega. There's an option in your configuration file that allows your mouse to leave the screen. Once you have both monitors up at the same time (Wow in your main screen, browser in the second) you will be able to move the mouse seamlessly between programs. Let me know if you need more specific examples. Searching the Cedega forums should yeild the desired results as well.