PDA

View Full Version : Zalman VF-900 Vga heatsink fan

fasedww
04-05-06, 09:19 PM
I just got two of these for my SLI setup, Was wondering do I have to plug them into the motherboard for power instead of video card?, Also do I have to have the fan mate hooked up?, I just want it to run on high fan speed, will it be at high fan speed if I don't have the fanmate connected?, Thanks for your time:)

Roliath
04-05-06, 09:20 PM
It would be best to use the fan mate, I wouldn't want to draw more power from the mobo honestly.

fasedww
04-05-06, 09:28 PM
It would be best to use the fan mate, I wouldn't want to draw more power from the mobo honestly.You mean I don't have too connect the VF-900 to a motherboard fan header, just plug into videocard for the fan power?

Roadhog
04-05-06, 09:35 PM
you can do either way and it will work.

fasedww
04-05-06, 09:42 PM
you can do either way and it will work.If there was no fan connected to the video card header, does the video card slow down or act wierd?. So then I just can connect the zalman VF-900 to the video fan connector and don't use the fanmate right?, I wonder what speed the fan is at without the fanmate then?, hope it's high.:)

macachia
04-06-06, 08:12 AM
so youve replaced the default 7800 gtx 512mb heatsinks with zalmans?

can you please post temperature compares?

thanks

fasedww
04-06-06, 06:47 PM
so youve replaced the default 7800 gtx 512mb heatsinks with zalmans?

can you please post temperature compares?

thanksNot yet, Won't bre getting them tell next week.:)

Roadhog
04-06-06, 07:31 PM
If there was no fan connected to the video card header, does the video card slow down or act wierd?. So then I just can connect the zalman VF-900 to the video fan connector and don't use the fanmate right?, I wonder what speed the fan is at without the fanmate then?, hope it's high.:)

yah, i just have my vf-700 pluged into the mobo or off a 4pin molex.. works fine. No fanmate or anything.