PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Legend is SHORT

Elvin Presler
04-06-06, 12:19 AM
I mean the shortest game I've ever played! Installed at 1 PM, completed at 7 PM and that is taking my time and exploring everything and time for dinner in there.

This entire game is literally about as long as 2 levels from Tomb Raider 1. It's about 4 hours actual play time I'd say. They finally got the game back on track, only the full thing is only about as big as a large demo. :thumbdwn:

TierMann
04-06-06, 12:24 AM
Maybe you were playing the demo. It's not out yet is it? I thought it was coming out on April 11th for PC and PS2 and 25th for xbox360 or something like that.

Mr. Hunt
04-06-06, 01:12 AM
Maybe you were playing the demo. It's not out yet is it? I thought it was coming out on April 11th for PC and PS2 and 25th for xbox360 or something like that.

The demo is like 10 minutes at most... and the game is out on the internet, so I guess he is admitting to pirating lol :\.

EDIT: Or somebody broke the street date... but whatever :\.

Elvin Presler
04-06-06, 01:44 AM
...or http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=sr&page=title&r=PC&title=797066

nutcrackr
04-06-06, 02:16 AM
I had heard it was rather short, 4 hours you say? Well I might wait till it comes down in price.

Elvin Presler
04-06-06, 03:06 AM
Yep. It has a grand total of 8 levels. A few of those are just 10 minute little story sequences more than an actual level. There are only about 4 respectable levels and even those are tiny by comparison to the old Tomb Raider games. :thumbdwn:

TheManko
04-06-06, 05:13 AM
I call bull****. I've been playing it for four and a half hours according to the ingame counter and I've completed 55%.

|MaguS|
04-06-06, 07:15 AM
IGN is claiming 9 to 12 hours... thats about as long as the original...

orphenshadow
04-06-06, 07:54 AM
The diference is he put it on easy... we have it on normal or hard...

Sectus
04-06-06, 02:09 PM
There's no doubt about it, it's a short game. I spent about 5 hours in total completing the game. And note that I was playing the entire game on Hard. Although the difficult doesn't matter that much, it only makes combat sequences tougher and it makes the endboss a lot more frustrating than it should be.

Elvin Presler
04-06-06, 02:13 PM
IGN is claiming 9 to 12 hours... thats about as long as the original...

I really can't imagine how it could take anyone 12 hours. 9 hours I can see if you play around in the Lara's Home a lot or something and are just kind of slow.

The original Tomb Raider 9-12 hours? Are you nuts! Try 20-30. It had 15 (or 18?) levels and everyone of them was much bigger than the ones in the new game.

Either way, the game is over by the time you even start to get warmed up and in the mood to play it.

Sectus
04-06-06, 02:21 PM
Either way, the game is over by the time you even start to get warmed up and in the mood to play it.
This is unfortunately very true. When the game actually started to get somewhat challenging and I started to think "Ah, this is where the game is starting to kick off!", I suddenly get introduced to a new level which is 5 minutes long and the end :/

At least I managed to get a good deal of hours extra by doing the time trials and looking for secrets. And I actually found that to be more fun than playing the game itself, it was just too short and easy.

nV`andrew
04-06-06, 02:40 PM
well, i wont be buying this game, too short for me. kind of a waste of money if you think about it. you play about and hour or so each day for 5 days and you're done...

ArturNOW
04-06-06, 02:41 PM
If it's that short I'm almost 100% sure I'm not gonna get this game. Previous parts was very long and you game stuck in almost everylocation (some people play with solution, but imo it kills games). Does anyone remember how long Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation was. It was so damn long probably longer then TR 1, 2 and 3 combined togather ;-) It's a pitty that Legend is so short. We (fans) waited so long for another Tomb Raider and what we get is like half the game maybe less. I have nothing against short games like Max Payne 'cause it the way they were meant to be played ;-) but Tomb Raider isn't "cinematic experience" and if developer claims that it bring Tomb Raider to the roots is nothing more than bul#$%#$.

Sectus
04-06-06, 02:51 PM
If it's that short I'm almost 100% sure I'm not gonna get this game. Previous parts was very long and you game stuck in almost everylocation (some people play with solution, but imo it kills games). Does anyone remember how long Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation was. It was so damn long probably longer then TR 1, 2 and 3 combined togather ;-) It's a pitty that Legend is so short. We (fans) waited so long for another Tomb Raider and what we get is like half the game maybe less. I have nothing against short games like Max Payne 'cause it the way they were meant to be played ;-) but Tomb Raider isn't "cinematic experience" and if developer claims that it bring Tomb Raider to the roots is nothing more than bul#$%#$.
It might become worth while for you if you love looking for secrets. Although I spent only 5 hours on completing the game, I spent about 10 hours finding the secrets in the game. And I even had more fun looking for the secrets and doing time trials than playing the actual game.

The developers did really lie. That they'd bring Tomb Raider back to the roots is as far from the truth as it could ever be.

TheManko
04-06-06, 05:01 PM
The LIED because it wasn't Tomb Raider one? I'd say they went back to the roots as much as it benefitted the game since this is 2006 after all. People demand a well paced story with well paced and varied gameplay and that's what they delivered. They changed the game and the franchise in a very good way I think since I've been enjoying the game immensely and no part of it has dragged on like in Half-Life 2.
I am in no way a newbie to gaming and have been playing for 5 hours and is at 65% according to the game. You have to be a very hardcore gamer or very lucky to finish the game in 5 hours or less. Unless of course I'll finish the game within 10 minutes when I start playing now, but that's unlikely I think.

$n][pErMan
04-06-06, 10:32 PM
Ha... I say they are gonna be noobs like EA games and make you buy the REST of your game in an expansion or booster pack.... lol. (tribal)