PDA

View Full Version : System Reboots When Installing NF Drives

muaddib
04-06-06, 08:02 AM
Hello.

This is the first time I encounter such thing.
After a format, when I try to install nForce3 platform drivers for my MSI K8N Neo2 motherboard, the system reboots instantly. The wierdest thing of all is that the Ethernet drivers is what causing this!!

What to do?

Thanks in advance.

Quick420
04-06-06, 10:03 AM
I would try a nic card,that way it will prove the on-board ethernet is dead.

muaddib
04-06-06, 11:53 AM
What's a NIC card? Anyway, is onboard networking that bad? I thought it was the BETTER alternative. If so, it will be no problem for me to use the REALTEK controller that comes with my motherboard.

For now, I've installed SMBus, GART and IDE SW drivers.

sharangad
04-06-06, 02:27 PM
What's a NIC card? Anyway, is onboard networking that bad? I thought it was the BETTER alternative. If so, it will be no problem for me to use the REALTEK controller that comes with my motherboard.

For now, I've installed SMBus, GART and IDE SW drivers.

When installing nForce 3 drivers, 'tis best to install the CD based drivers before the web install. I've had problems with the AGP ( GART ) drivers when the CD based drivers weren't installed.

muaddib
04-06-06, 05:41 PM
OK, I'll try the drivers supplied from the MSI's website. Thanks!

d2thez
04-07-06, 01:37 PM
This is a known issue with the 5.11 driver set from Nvidia.com. Instead, use the 5.10 drivers which are listed as Nforce2 drivers. They are entirely identical except for the ethernet driver which is newer (thus the cause of the rebooting) and the only change.