PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Lag/ATI RAdeon

Gypzywingz
04-06-06, 10:32 AM
I just bought a new computer so I could run Obilivion which I know is on the lower end of what I need to run it but I am not a huge gamer and didn't want to spend a fortune on a new computer.

I am using a HP Pavilion Notebook with a AMD Turion 64 Mobile technology processor which runs at 2Ghz I have 1GB of DDR-SD-RAM and a ATI Radeon Xpress 200M IGP video card which has 128 ram.

I loaded Obilivion just fine and had no problems. I adjusted the mouse sensitivity and nothing, when I go to set up my character my mouse just lags, it is horrible. Also, I got a cheap USB mouse to use with my laptop I did set the options for 3 button use and I can't use the left/right/wheel options for anything it just won't work. First off do I need to change some mouse settings or change an INI file for this or is it just a cheap mouse that doesn't work with it? Also I have seen there is info out there about lag with a Nvadia card but nothing about the ATI.

Can anyone help me??

nV`andrew
04-06-06, 11:00 AM
it could very well be the graphics card. the rest of your system is really nice, but the graphics are really low-end. I don't even think Oblivion supports it, but since it has 128mb of ram on it, it may work. Make sure you put everything to low settings. If it still doesn't work, you will have to upgrade your graphics card. A mid-range one won't run to high in price. If you can try to get something with 256mb of ram on it. there could be a different problem than your graphics card, though, so wait for some mroe replies.

Gypzywingz
04-06-06, 11:11 AM
Thanks, I believe I read that that video card would work with Obilivion but you are right definately not high ended that is for sure but I wouldn't think that would cause the mouse to lag that badly and for the right and left click and the scroll not to work as the use/attack and block buttons. I did check the options to see what keys were set for that and it was blanked out and I did try to set it to the mouse but it wouldn't work so I am not sure if it may be the actual touchpad/mouse settings.

CaptNKILL
04-06-06, 11:15 AM
The card just isnt fast enough to run the game smoothly. The mouse lag is caused by the video card not being capable of pushing enough frames to keep up with the CPU\input. Make sure the graphics settings are all the way down and you are running at the lowest resolution possible.

To be honest, Im surprised the game even runs on that card.

As far as the mouse button problems, make sure you are on the mouse controls page in the control setup. There are seperate pages for mouse and keyboard.

Gypzywingz
04-06-06, 11:33 AM
Ahhh haaaa I didn't know there was a seperate option screen for mouse controls I don't remember seeing that anywhere under the options do you know off of the top of your head how I can get to it?

Also I will try turning downing down all of my settings to low, so should I try running it at 800 x 600??? ICK!

CaptNKILL
04-06-06, 11:45 AM
Ahhh haaaa I didn't know there was a seperate option screen for mouse controls I don't remember seeing that anywhere under the options do you know off of the top of your head how I can get to it?

Also I will try turning downing down all of my settings to low, so should I try running it at 800 x 600??? ICK!
Or 640x480 ;)

And just look in the control settings, youll find the mouse screen.

Gypzywingz
04-06-06, 01:02 PM
Oooooooooookkkkkkaayyyy well I will give it a try and see what happens, it may sound lame but I am not a big gamer and am pretty stupid when it comes to going crazy over graphics and such so if it can run at the low end I probably wouldn't of know the difference anyway. My husband plays it on xbox360 and loves it and I feel in love with the graphics.

CaptNKILL
04-06-06, 01:09 PM
You'll probably want to play it on the xbox360 if you can. Its not going to run or look very good on that laptop. It will probably work, but if you like the graphics, deffinitely go for the xbox if you can. Either that or you'll need a big upgrade, but that can get pricey.

Pepsiboy
04-06-06, 03:42 PM
My friend just got jipped the other day...he bought an Geforce 6600 GT and it only had 128 megs of RAM.

My NORMAL 6600 has 256.

He has horrible mouse lag too.

I dont.

This is almost positively your problem...sorry dude i know your pain.